Poll

2012 AFF EXO FANFIC AWARDS
POLL
Hello lovely supporters! We would like your opinion on this poll below. When it comes to the reviews, you all are able to see the rubric that the judges will follow closely. However if we keep the reviews private amongst the judges, and simply announce the stories that made it through to voting, we don't want any backlash about us potentially being biased. However, if we post the reviews publicly, some authors may not like the fact that the story is gaining that kind of attention. We don't want to hurt or offend anyone especially when it comes to matters like these. So please participate in this poll and let us know what the majority of you all want!
Just wanted to add a note of my own as well! c;
Keeping the results of our last poll in mind, we also noticed that a lot of people were concerned that a creation of a certain category might be offensive to authors. And this is entirely right. We're just readers ourselves, and we have no intention to hurt the feelings of any of the authors on this website, because honestly, I think we're all pretty freaking amazing. The judges and I are worried that if we publicly release our reviews and some authors see that their story didn't score as high as another, it'll hurt their ego and they may lose motivation. We're only planning to move about five (hopefully more!) nominations from each category into the voting process (save for the author nominations, of course), so that means that there are dozens of stories that won't be picked even if they are freaking amazing. Because hey! Knowing that your story was loved so much by one of your readers that they took the time to nominate you  says something in itself. Some people might argue that by allowing people to nominate their story for these awards, they should be willing to let everyone see how high (or low) they scored. But honestly, do you really expect an author to say something like "Um, please don't nominate my story"? I think that I speak for all of the talented authors nominated when I say that they were incredibly flattered by receiving such messages. Who are they to deny the readers that they adore? Especially when these readers are nominating them for an award thread?
My point is that the judges and I aren't AFF gods or anything like that and we don't want anyone becoming offended with our opinions, because they're just that: our opinions. As judges, we're going to do our very best to select the stories that we believe fit each category the best. Because let's face it: voting on a current total of two hundred plus stories (sorry guys, I'm still working on the Master List so the count isn't final yet LOL.) will be more than a little hectic. And speaking of the Master List, one of the reasons why we're posting it publicly is so that we can all drown ourselves in the glory that is wonderful EXO fanfiction. We should all appreciate each one of those stories even if it doesn't make it onto the final round of voting. You'll be able to read all of those breathtaking pieces of art yourselves, so why should you rely on an opinion of one of the judges that will be based on the first three chapters of a story to sway your opinion?
Okay, that was a horrible tangent. And unfortunately you can see my opinion here while I was supposed to remain objective (RENZEI, FORGIVE MEEE). But let me continue.
We understand that there will be numerous accusations of bias whenever we release the stories that we are moving on to the final round of voting from everywhere if we proceed with the option of keeping reviews private. When the results are announced, and if you really think we're being biased (but Dear Lord, I swear that we will be doing no such thing), you can contact either renzei or I about it. We'll talk to the author of the story and show her/him the review first. If (s)he's comfortable with letting other people see it, then we won't mind sharing it with you. But if the author doesn't want it shared, then it's not our place to share it with you.
And um. If you want us to post all the reviews publicly. Then hey. An opinion is an opinion. And these awards belong to the entire AFF community, so we need to make this desicion as a family.
Because yes, I am the sort of person that will get all cheesy and sentimental on all of you (even though I bet more than seventy-five percent of you don't even know who I am LOLLL) by referring to you as family.
We write together. We read together. We fangirl over oppa together.
WE ARE ONE.
omg this cheese is killing me please don't hurt me. but who remembers the Kris aegyo thing back in kcon when we all freaked out on tumblr and tagged everything EXO related under the cheese tag, LMFAOOOO.
I understand your pain wishful! lol and your cheese is welcomed! Because I remember that day as well! lol so please supporters understand our feelings and others! Thank you for your support of these awards!
8D
[and as a sidenote, just because nominations are over doesn't mean that you can't comment anymore. XD we'd love to hear your personal thoughts on this manner!]