*NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED*
1. When you are nominating someone you must provide the title, tell if it's rated or nonrated, the category, and give a link. You can only nominate stories that were created in 2012. These stories do not have to be finished, but the author has to have the intent to finish them, so essentially if the author hasn’t updated within two months since it was last updated (Before Nov 1), then that story cannot be nominated. You can nominate a story in more than one category, but you have to send in a seperate form for each category you are putting that story up for. Please use the form below when nominating.
b. Rated/Non-rated (For most categories, one rated and one nonrated author will win.)
c. Category: (0nly one category per submission.)
2. You are allowed to nominate and vote for yourself, but nominations will be looked at before voting begins. If there are more than 5 (number subject to change depending on number of nominations) nominations per category, a reviewing system will be put in place to select the 5 stories that can be voted on. If a judge's story is nominated, then that judge will not be allowed to review their story and it will be given to one of the other judges for reviewing.
3. **If you nominate someone, please tell them they were nominated. We will do our best to message them about the nominations, but it's better if they hear it from you all. This also helps us get noticed and makes the awards just that more awesome.
4. The judges reserve the right to question a nominated story that a) doesn’t meet the category for which it is selected for or b) has numerous spelling, grammar, and/or punctuation errors. If there are occasional errors, that’s fine, but if it looks like there wasn’t at least a simple spell check done, then that story is eliminated and will not go through for voting. We stress the spell check, because even if you aren't a native speaker, we want the author of the nominated story to at least try to keep things as grammatically correct as they can.
5. Nominations will last for three weeks, with a two-three week period for judging afterwards.
6. Voting will be for two weeks. Voting will be done by your peers. Most votes will solidify a win. In case of a tie, voting will happen again between those two stories to determine first and second place.
7. If not provided a working link, then the nomination is regarded as null. If the story is private, that entry is regarded as null.
8. If a story was nominated and didn't get passed for voting, don't try to bash the awards or the people who've reviewed the story. We are trying to make it as fair and as organized as possible, so eliminating a few nominations will be a must to do so. And if we catch you doing either, your nominations will be regarded as null.
9. You cannot nominate the same author for Best New Author and Best Author.
10. If you nominate someone for Best New Author, Best Author, or Most Prolific Author please included a link or two to some of their stories.
11. You cannot nominate a story with conflicting categories like Angst and Fluff or Drama and Comedy.
12. When it comes to voting, we prefer if you try to vote for all categories. We understand if you can't, but it would make things easier if you did so.
***Note: asterisks by rules are updated/new rules.