5.

Daydreams

Jongin pulled his car into the parking lot of the SM building. It was his first day as a trainee and Taemin was right, he would start the evening in the vocal class with the other potential members of the upcoming group. That was fine, they all seemed pretty cool. 

He arrived to his 6:30 class fifteen minutes early, not knowing the proper protocol quite yet and also wanting to get to know some of the other guys in the class, given he would be spending a lot of time with them in the future. He remembered quickly where the room was located and checked his phone for the time once more before cautiously entering. He was nervous, all of this still being incredibly new to him, and he really didn't know what to expecting coming in.

Jongin's eyes widened and he stopped walking mid step when the first thing he saw was Tao practically sitting on Kris's lap, both of them engaged in a passionate make-out session and hands roaming everywhere. Adverting his eyes quickly, he was unable to hide his look of discomfort.

"Just ignore them," came a deep voice, Jongin guessed it was Chanyeol. "You'll get used to it eventually."

Jongdae gave Jongin a cocky grin. "Unless you want to make fun of them. Come over here and we can mock them through imitation."

Jongin's eyes went wider then they already were at the other boy's ruthless flirting. He tried to put on a cool front, wiping away his shocked expression and replacing it with an eye roll. He let his bag fall from his shoulder and slung it over a broken chair that was sitting beside the entrance.

Jongdae just leaned back on his hands from his seat on the floor. "You'll come around."

Baekhyun laughed out loud. "Like hell he will."

"Go Chanyeol." Jongdae retorted. 

Baekhyun snorted, giving a devilish grin. "Get me a room."

"GUYS!"

The room filled with 'sorry Joonmyun''s and Jongin slowly tool a seat on the floor beside Yixing and Chanyeol, the only two who hadn't intimidated him yet. Yixing offered him a welcoming smile, scooting over to make room for the other. 

The door of the room swung open then, and a high pitched voice called, without so much as looking inside, "Kris, Tao you have three seconds to be at least three feet apart."

With that the two boys separated, grinning at each other and only putting a very small distance between them, crossing ankles like Jongin had seen them do the last time he was here. 

As if the people in the room weren't making him uncomfortable enough, he was shifting nervously, unable to stay still. He had no idea where the other's were when it came to singing and for all he knew they we all amazing and would easily put him to shame. If only it was a dance class first, then he could have gained some confidence.

But it wasn't.

"Okay, today we are going to be learning some vocal exercises!"

~~~

When the class was done Jongin gathered what little belongings he had brought with him, a bag and water bottle. The class had been alright. Joonmyun, Baekhyun and Jongdae were easily the best singers in the room, but he felt that he fairly kept up with the others. On the bright side, the teacher hadn't made him perform any solo's in front of everyone like he originally feared. 

He said farewell's to the other boys in the class before being the first one to head for the door. His unsure feelings were all erased when he saw that waiting for him outside of the classroom was Taemin. The older, yet shorter, boy was leaning against the wall opposite the door with his arms folded across his chest, smiling to greet the other.

"Hey! How'd it go?" he asked.

Jongin puffed his cheeks out then sighed."It was a little intimidating, to be honest."

Taemin flung his arm over the younger's shoulders as they both began to walk down the hall. "It will get better and easier, you just need to relax."

Jongin stopped walking, turning to face Taemin and looking through eyelashes with his best puppy-dog face. "It'd be easier if you were there with me."

Taemin laughed kindly at the other's comment. "You now I can't do that."

"But I wish you could." Jongin whispered, putting both hands on Taemin's chest, pushing playfully before leaning down and pressing a kiss on to the older's mouth. The other submitted to the kiss instantly, reaching up to put his hands around Jongin's neck. Closing the space between them further, Jongin moved his hands off of the other's chest to wrap them around his waist.

This was still new for Jongin. Not only the feeling that Taemin gave him that no girl ever has, but also kissing someone who was equally as dominant as he was. Taemin pulled hard on his neck causing the kiss to deepen. Jongin thought that it was better then any kiss he had ever shared with a girl before. 

Knowing he needed to be to his next class, this one a dance class, he dropped his hand from Taemin's back and hovered it above the other's . He smirked against the other's mouth before moving in and pinching as hard as he could. 

Taemin let out a muffled shriek against Jongin's lips, causing the other to erupt in laughter.

"Well, isn't this interesting." A voice laced with humor bounced off the walls of the narrow hallway. "It also explains why you rejected me earlier, because I usually don't get such a negative response to hitting on someone."

Jongin recognized the voice instantly. It was same voice that was trying to flirt with him at the beginning of class. Jongin scrunched his face up, closing his eyes and hissing through clenched teeth. Taemin rolled his eyes and his top lip nervously. The younger peeled himself from Taemin's body and avoided looking at the boy who was casually strolling towards them.

Jongdae tilted his head to the side. "So let me yet this straight. You cut corners to get lover boy in as a trainee, am I right?"

Taemin shook his head. "Not at all, actually"

Jongin had yet to speak, head still bowed from embarrassment. Jongdae held up his phone, a picture of the scene that had just played out in the hall illuminating his screen. "Really? Because I know if I have a hard time believing that, so will all the SHINee fans who see this picture."

Taemin gave Jongdae a warning look. "Listen, kid. I can ensure your get's out of here just as fast as you got in."

Jongdae raised an eyebrow. "Right, kick me out. Just like you had the power to bring Jongin in."

"Jongin's talent got him accepted, not me, you disrespecful little ."

That comment was beyond anything he had heard Taemin say before, causing him to let a chuckle escape, shoulders convulsing once. His head was still bowed, now because he was stifling laughter and not from embarrassment. 

Jongdae took a step towards Jongin. "It's fine for you, you're just a trainee. But we'll see how funny it is when your buddy's job's on the line."

With that the short boy stalked off down the hallway and rounded the corner. Taemin paced back and forth a couple of times anxiously, running his fingers through his hair. "Careful. We need to be more careful."

Jongin nodded an agreement. They began to walk down the hall in silence towards Jongin's next class. It started in five minutes, so he wasn't as early as he had hoped. Still, this was dance and he was more in his element here then in the previous class.

Taemin nodded and gave Jongin a weak smile. If Jongdae was going to be an about this it would surely have more negative effects on the older. Jongin reached up and touched his arm briefly before sighing and nodding a goodbye. 

He entered the room and much to his dismay, sitting next to the only empty spot in the class was Jongdae. The short boy gave Jongin a wide smile that ,if Jongin didn't know better, could have been mistaken for friendly. Jongin reluctantly sat in the chair beside the other.

"Jongin, if you go switch seats with the other new kid you can watch me delete the picture." Jongdae spoke in a hushed tone.

"It's my first day, I don't even remember your name." Jongin lied, but nonetheless had know idea who the other was talking about.

"The cute motherer with the chubby cheeks in the corner." Jongdae pointed to a guy sitting in the corner that looked around the same age as them, he was sitting by himself.

With a sigh, Jongin walked towards the boy. He was lacing up his shoes when Jongin startled him slightly by clearing his throat to get his attention. "Hey, this sounds really strange, I know. But you see the guy over there." Jongin pointed to Jongdae who hastily looked away when he saw the other gesture over. "Well he wants you to go sit with him, he thinks your really cute or something."

"Oh my god, Jongdae thinks I'm cute?" The boy sitting on the ground asked with surprise, blushing subtly.

Jongin nodded, pleased with the response he was getting. "Yeah, you can have my spot. Go for it."

"Thanks dude. My name is Minseok by the way." Minseok said quickly before shyly walk over to replace Jongin in the chair beside Jongdae. Jongdae flashed Jongin the screen of his phone quickly from across the room, enough for the other to see a picture disappear into the little trash can in the corner of the screen.

Jongin instantly felt relief that the other stuck to his word, relaxing a little in his seat. His first day was proving to be more eventful then expected.

"Alright class, everyone on your feet."

A/N

Do you guys prefer bottom!taemin or top!taemin?

Not that there's going to be (there is going  to be )