4.

Daydreams

Taemin pulled Jongin aside after they had finished running down the long hallway that lead to the studio the audition was held in like children. Looking at the older and remembering that they had just shared their first kiss Jongin bit his cheek and bowed his head to avoid eye contact and cover his reddening cheeks. He looked down at his own hands and fiddled with his thumbs, moving his teeth's grip from his cheek to his bottom lip to suppress a giddy smile.

Taemin bounced up and down on his heels a few times before pulling on Jongin's top to get his attention and drag him into a little side room containing merely a piano, and two arm chairs. "There's something I need to tell you, but I'm kinda not supposed to. C'mere."

Jongin looked up from his thumbs and make a little noise of surprise as the older literally yanked him in by his shirt, threads audibly snapping at the tug. He fell into the room in front of Taemin and the older closed and locked the door before leaning against the back, a look of excitement on his face that put a smile on Jongin's own.

"What is it?" Jongin asked with anticipation.

Taemin took in a long breath before he began speaking at a fast pace. "Well. The company is currently in the process of piecing together a twelve member group that will be separated into two sub groups. They want each of the sub groups to promote the same songs only one in Korean and the other in Mandarin. There's no name yet but they have some trainees that they are looking at for the group. BUT, they are still looking for a main dancer for the Korean group. And they like you. A lot. I've already heard your name be mentioned as a suggestion for the position and the response was beyond positive."

Jongin had dropped his water bottle on the floor. He stood staring at Taemin with a wide open mouth and blinked a few times before attempting to speak, which ended up resulting in a bunch of nonsense. He felt like his heart had near stopped in his chest. "Are you ing serious?"

Taemin nodded, Jongin's happiness was melting into his and causing him to feel the other's joy. He knew what it felt like to have all of your dreams unfold in front of your eyes and therefore could relate to the younger. Taemin flung his arms around the other's neck and brought him in for a warm embrace. Jongin felt himself stiffen in the other's arms, still not used to the unrealistic reality that he was in fact hugging Taemin. 

Taemin pulled back slightly, not get fully breaking away. "Some of the other trainees that they want in the group are here. I'll point them out when I show you around. Let's go."

He grabbed the younger's hand briefly, guiding him into the hall before swinging is arm once and releasing. Jongin followed Taemin's lead as he showed him the main office, practice rooms, bathrooms, and other necessary parts to the building, nodding every once in a while and asking questions when appropriate. Jongin was paying more attention to Taemin then the actually building, thinking that he could just get his own feel for the place once he was here more often.

Abrubtly, Taemin stopped walking and turned around, causing Jongin to run into him and mumble embarrassed apologies. "Here. Zitao is from China, he's been here for a while. They want him for the M group. Does in' crazy wushu . Also for M in there is Kris, Yixing and Jongdae. Chanyeol is the giant with the deep- voice and Baekhyun is also really talented. Both of them are wanted for K .  They have them all working together already to try and build friendships, I think. C'mon."

Jongin followed Taemin into another dimly lit room, there was a teacher standing and pacing around six boys who were sitting in somewhat of a circle. The teacher looked annoyed when the door opened, but that look was quickly replaced with a welcoming one. "Ah, Taemin, what brings you here?" She spoke in a slightly fake sounding tone that made Jongin cringe.

"Hello teacher," Taemin said respectfully. "I have a friend with me, he's going to be joining this class soon and I'm showing him around." 

Taemin nodded to Jongin who was standing slightly behind him. "H-hi. My name is Jongin, nice to meet you" he said, trying to keep his voice stable.

"Welcome Jongin, I'm Ms. Kim. Class can we go around and introduce ourselves? Name and one fact, Chanyeol, let's start with you!" The woman's voice rang through the room in a high pitched tone that Jongin figured would take some getting used to.

"Hey, I'm Chanyeol." The boy had been sitting up unnaturally straight since the two had walked in the door with a big toothy smile on his face. Taemin was right, his voice was insanely deep, especially compared to his young looking features. "People tend to think I'm insane because I smile all the time, but I swear I'm not."

The boy beside Chanyeol looked tiny compared to the other.  He was slouching slightly before Chanyeol nudged him indicating it was his turn to speak. "Oh, uhm, my name is Baekhyun. Believe it or not, I'm older than Chanyeol. Nice to meet you."

The next boy untwisted his face from an awkward expression, shaking himself from his own mind. He looked like he was drifting through his own little world. "Yixing and I guess I tend to be forgetful."

"Tao. People tell me I look like a panda but I think I'm way hotter than a panda, personally." Tao spoke with an incredible amount of confidence that make Jongin raise his eyebrows. Tao looked up a Jongin briefly, a look that made Jongin advert his own eyes.

"Kris and I speak almost four languages." Kris also spoke with pride, Jongin made note that his ankle was crossed with Tao's. He also made note that his hair would have to change before they debuted because it was almost to his shoulders in a mullet and Jongin thought it looked awful.

The next boy looked more serious then the others, sitting cross legged instead of simply laying on the floor or leaning on his hands like the others. "Joonmyun. As for a fact, I don't really know. I'm not that interesting, sorry."

"Jongdae and I'm the most innocent person you will ever meet." This statement caused the entire room to erupt in groans and a smirk to replace Jongdae's previously earnest looking expression.

"Pfft, you're innocent when I'm ugly and that's never." Tao sneered from across their circle. "Watch your back around that crazy , Jongin."

Ms. Kim cleared , silencing the all of the boys. "Tao watch your mouth. Jongin, what about you? What's something we should know about you?"

Jongin scratching the back of his head. "I like dancing." he said, mentally beating himself up for sounding like an idiot.

"No," Taemin spoke up,"He's incredible at dancing."

Jongin felt the blood rush to his cheeks at Taemin's compliment.

"Well, Jongin, I think you will enjoy this class and we look forward to having you." The woman said as Taemin and Jongin said their goodbye's and left the room.

~~~

Taemin had brought Jongin back to the front of the building where the cafe was located and bought the two of them a cup of coffee before leading the younger to another little side room, this one containing a only a couch and was no bigger then a janitors closet. Jongin was pleased to have been sitting, given that he just danced his off and spent two hours touring an excessively large building.

"This is where I like to come when I have some time to myself. It's quiet, and nobody usually bother's coming in here. Plus it's right next to the best coffee in Korea. If you spend a lot of time here, which you're welcome to do, you can also make friends with the lady who works there, Mihyun, and she'll slip you a free cup every now and then." Taemin spoke, not lookng at Jongin as he sipped his cup thoughtfully.

When Jongin didn't reply Taemin looked over at him. He was leaning over with his elbows on his knees and untouched coffee was in both hands. His eyes held a blank expression.

Taemin reached over to place a hand on the other's back. "Hey, are you-"

The older was taken back when Jongin burst out in tears abruptly, sending drops of coffee spilling on to the floor. Taemin reached out to relocate his cup hastily before moving directly next to the other and fully draping his arm over Jongin's shaking shoulders. The younger buried his face in his hands and continued to sob uncontrollablely.Taemin placed a hand on his knee and rubbed up and down in an attempt to comfort.

The older spoke in a soft soothing tone when Jongin's sobbing began to quiet slightly. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Jongin turning to him, his eyes were puffy and his cheeks were wet. "N-nothing's wrong. That's just it though, everything's so right. Becoming and t-trainee and you. You just-I don't even know why you give two 's about me! It's just so much and I'm s-so grateful."

Jongin continued to weep as he sobbed out the last few words, burying his face into Taemin's chest that sank on contact. The older had sighed a breath he had been holding, thankful that there was nothing wrong with the other. Taemin took Jongin into his arms and rubbed his back that was heaving up and down. The younger was sure that he would regret breaking down like this later, but everything that had happened in the past few days was beyond anything he thought possible and it made him uncharacteristically emotional. It was just now all hitting him as reality.

When Jongin's crying had reduced to heavy breathing he sat up and looked Taemin in the eye. The older gave him a sympathetic look and nodded. Jongin got the message that he had been through the exact same thing and understood everything he was feeling , even with just a simple look.

Jongin place a hand on Taemin shoulder. "Thank you. For everything."

"You deserve everything you're getting, I'm just the one who helped people, yourself include it, realize it." With that Taemin leaned down and pressed his lips to the others. The kiss was light and innocent, Jongin leaning into it automatically. Jongin used the warmth of the other boy's mouth to help ground his emotions, moving a hand to wrap around Taemin's waist and pull him in closer, loving the contact. 

Taemin took Jongin's physical reaction as an invition to begin moving his lips against the other's slowly. Jongin's heart began racing the way it did around Taemin, tasting the coffee the other had just drank. The older boy pulled away and pushed their foreheads together. Biting his lip, his mouth was filled with the salty taste of Jongin's tears. 

"I'm here for you. Please don't forget that." Taemin said, breath hitting the other's lips as their faces were still in close proximity.

"I know. I won't"

 

A/N

Who wants because I do lololol