Saranghae

Reset

 

Donghae raised his head to face her. His heart was beating faster as his eyes made their way, looking at her lips. He gulped, nervously.

 

“I want to kiss you, Heerin-sshi,” he thought.

 

*************************************

7:15 pm

 

“Everyone, food is ready.” Donghwa’s wife called the members.

“Whoa~” the boys ran towards the house happily.

 

When they arrived in the dining room, different Korean delicacies were prepared on the table. The girls sat with their boyfriends, while Heerin chose to sit beside Donghae, with Kibum across her seat.

 

“Food is life!” Shindong said, delightedly. “I’m gonna miss these when we go back to Seoul.”

“I want to cook Soybean paste soup in our dorm,” Ryeowook expressed, putting his hand together, in front of his mouth.

“Ryeowookie, make one when we reach Seoul,” Kyuhyun and Sungmin requested.

“Ne~’

 

All of them ate dinner whole-heartedly. Kibum was busy feeding Heerin, making Donghae feel uneasy.

 

“Rin-ah, eat this.”

“Kibum-sshi…”

“Yah, Donghae. Eat well. Heerin made this for you~” Donghwa uttered.

 

Heerin took the bowl with the fish cakes. She used her chopsticks to pick a piece of it.

 

“Hae-sshi, eat well, eh? She said sweetly, feeding him.

“Y-Yeah,” he stuttered.

“Kyaa~ you guys look like a newlywed,” Leeteuk teased.

“Hyung!”

“Auntie, it seems like you’re going to have a new in-law soon~” Kangin grinned.

 

Every one in the table cracked up.

“Yah~” the involved, chorused.

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````

After dinner, Siwon, Eunhyuk and Kangin helped in preparing a small campfire in the backyard. The members began to gather around, sitting on the pads provided.

Realizing that Heerin is all alone, Kibum sat beside her.

 

“Mind if I sit here?”

“Not really~” her response was weak.

 

Kibum pressed his head against her shoulder. The others witnessed this and they started teasing them.

 

“O-Oppa…”

“You don’t want me here, do you?” Kibum said, pouting. “I’m sad~”

“No. It’s not like that~ it’s just…it’s…”

 

She couldn’t continue her sentence. She flexed her knees closer to her body and buried her head.

 

“You have fallen deeply in love with him, right?” he smiled.

Heerin raised her head and looked at him. “What made you say that?”

“Aish~ you’re too obvious! You’ve become unusually silent nowadays.”

She sighed, “I guess it can’t be helped… I can’t hide my heart from him anymore…”

“Then just tell him~”

“I don’t know how to~ Everytime I try to stop myself; my heart opens up to him willingly…Do you know what's the weirdest thing that I ever felt?...it’s that I love him when I see him…but when I don’t…I love him more…”

“Whoa~ I’m really hurt now…”  Kibum muttered, facing her.

 

“Donghae-ah, what are you doing there? Who are you looking at?” Sungmin asked, following Donghae’s direction of sight.

 

He turned around, faking a smile. “Nothing…” He then went outside  their house right after.

“By chance, is he looking at Heerin and Kibum?” he said softly.

“What’s wrong?” seeing his hyung, Siwon asked.

“I think Donghae’s lonely.”

“Yeah~ I don’t know what he’s up to.”

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Did you see him?”  Heerin asked.

“I saw him leaving the house a while ago,” Kibum answered. “Don’t worry. I’m sure he’s fine.”

 

She felt uneasy so she went to the other members.

 

“Have you seen Donghae?” she asked Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Yesung.

“No…”

 

She bowed quickly, running inside the house.

 

“Umma, do you know where Donghae is?”

“He told me he’s going to the beach nearby. Didn’t he tell you?”

Heerin nodded. “I’m just wondering why he’s missing. Can you tell me how to get there?”

“Yes, but it’s already late,” Mrs. Lee expressed worriedly. “I can call Donghwa if you want.”

“You don’t have to bother oppa. I can go there safely…Promise.”

 

The moment she knew the way to the beach, she hurriedly ran outside, meeting Siwon and Sungmin.

 

“Where are you going?” the latter questioned. “It’s late.”

“I’m going to Donghae.”

“…that guy is behaving oddly.”

“What do you mean, Siwon-oppa?”

“He said that his heart is indigested.”

“…Really?”

“Yeah. He was so lonely the whole day.”

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Heerin ran as fast she could to see him. She was wearing a black off-shoulder shirt, with a white tank top underneath, a matching white shorts and black-strapped gladiator sandals.

 

“…he said his heart is indigested…”

 

“Aish~ what’s happening to him?”

 

She increased her pace, seeing the cottages near the beach. Finally, she reached him. He was sitting by the shore, all alone. Slowly by slowly, she went near the water, walking pass him.

Startled as he was, Donghae watched her removed her sandals, and play with the water.

 

“Whoa~ the water’s still warm.” She uttered, pretending not to see him.

 

Heerin walked farther into the water, which made Donghae anxious so he immediately stood up and stopped her, by the hand.

 

“Where do you think are you going?” he blurted out.

She crossed her arms. “I want to play~”

“It’s late. You should be at home.”

“Yes, it’s late and YOU should also be at home by now,” she quickly replied. “Besides, I really wanted to be here.”

“…but aren’t you comfortable there? Kibum’s there.”

 

She stopped for a moment and looked at the sea.

 

“Why are you like this? What do you really want to say?” Heerin became emotional.

“You like him, don’t you?” he said, flatly.  “Why are you still here? You should go back.”

 

Hearing this, a tear fell from Heerin’s eye. She turned around, trying her best to face him.

“That’s right~ I like him…”

 

Donghae lowered his head, feeling his eyes betray him.

 

“…but I don’t love him…so I can’t understand why you’re treating me this way,” she spoke in a cracked voice. ‘I came here, worried sick of what might happen to you! I even left everyone there just to see you…and now, you are sending me away? I CAME HERE BECAUSE OF YOU…and hearing these words from you, it hurts---It really hurts."

 

Having said all the things she wanted to say, she walked away from him, wiping her tears.

“I’m more hurt now, than when I was with Eunho.” Heerin muttered to herself, stabbing her chest. “I love you, Hae-sshi.”

 

“I can’t do this anymore~” Donghae blurted, running faster to stop her.

 

Kajima~“he uttered, gasping for air, standing right behind her. “Don’t go.”

“Enough~” she continued to walk faster; because of this he grabbed her hand.

Tears flowed freely as she faced him. “Wae? Why are you doing this to me?!”

 

In a matter of seconds, time stopped as Donghae pressed his lips against hers, kissing her soft lips passionately while holding her gently.

 

Heerin dazed by his action fluttered her eyes---her heart raced faster as she felt his heartbeat against her body.

He slowly broke the contact, staring lovingly at her eyes, cupping her face.  “Han Heerin, saranghae~”

 

 “I’m so overwhelmed…”she teared up. “ Saranghae, Lee Donghae~”

They gazed intimately at each other’s eyes, breathing the same air with their faces, only centimeters apart. Heerin closed her eyes, as Donghae leaned in closer, locking his lips with hers, sharing an affectionate summer kiss, under the shining moonlight.