This Fool

Reset

Heerin woke up to the smell of breakfast prepared for her by Eunho. Her face brightened up as she kissed him on the cheek.

 

“Oppa, kamsahae~”

“Anything for my princess…”

“Let’s eat, shall we?” she batted her eyes, smiling cheekily.

 

Meanwhile inside the plane, Raseul cannot enjoy listening to her iPod while Leeteuk is sleeping on her shoulder. JaeEun was busy looking at the brochures about Jeju. HeeYeon on the other hand is talking to Yesung, Shindong and Sungmin.

 

“Donghae can’t seem to relax~” Eunhyuk blurted out, giving his gummy smile.

“Kibum is also the same!” Heechul added. “I can’t really believe this is because of that girl!”

“Then why did you join us?” Hankyung deadpanned.

“YOU~”

“Shush~ Let us treat this as our vacation, okay?” Kangin managed to say. “Donghae-ah, don’t act later as if you’re overly excited to see her, aratji?”

“I can’t promise that~” Donghae smirked.

“Hyung, aren’t you going to visit your mom and Donghwa-hyung?” asked Kyuhyun.

“I will…if I have the time.”                                   

 

*********************************************************

 

Haneul-sshi, why are you calling?” Eunho said in an agitated tone. “Are you doing this on purpose?”

“Huh? YAH…don’t act as if I’m nothing to you! I’m the mother of your child!”

“I know that, but I’m with Heerin right now. She’s just in the veranda…she might hear me.”

“Poor little thing~ aren’t you done with her? She’s getting on my nerves already! Why can’t you just break up with her? You’re just wasting your time on an innocent girl like her. You can’t even tell her that we never really broke up in college and we’re still together. It’s as if I’m the third wheel here!”

“But I can’t hurt her~”

“Don’t tell me you already love her? Aish…I told you not to give her high hopes. You’re being mean to me, babe! I’m gonna tell this to your mom.”

“Please don’t do that. Heerin is very kind. Don’t play with her anymore.”

“Look who’s talking? Think about this Eunho…who hurts her more? Me…doing it physically…or you…doing it behind your back? Now, do it or else…I’ll be the one to tell her.”

 

“Oppa~” Heerin sweetly called, hugging him from the back. “Who was that?”

 

Startled, he flipped his phone close. “A friend…yeah…a friend.”

“I want to do shopping!”

“Eh? Let’s do it,” Eunho looked at her, full of guilt. *I’ll tell you the truth Heerin…but not now. I don’t want to ruin this happiness your showing me*

 

Heerin bought items for her officemates. Eunho was only watching her carefully.

I think Haneul’s correct…I think I already fell in love with you Rin-ah…” he whispered. “Who wouldn’t fall for you?”

 

When night came, the two had a romantic dinner by the beach, alongside other couples. They love the music played by the resort musicians and even danced to it.

While Eunho was taking a bath in shower room, Heerin received a text message from RaSeul.

 

Unnie, we’re here!”

 

“W-What?” she squealed, covering after realizing that her voice was a bit too loud. She ran hurriedly heading to the groundfloor, towards the check-in desk. There, she saw 13 men plus her 3 girl friends.

“Rinnie~ we missed you!” her friends hugged her tightly.

“Haha. It was only one night and a day. Who told you to follow here?”

 

All of them looked at Donghae’s direction.

 

“Me? Erm...Haha…yeah me~” he stuttered, scratching the back of his head. “I told you…don’t be surprised if anything comes up.”

 

Donghae suddenly closed his eyes, bowed his head at the sight of her coming.

“Hit me if you want~”

 

Instead of hitting him, Heerin pinched his cheek, making the others giggle.

“You should’ve told me,” she said, her lips curved for a lovely smile. “Baboya~”

“Ahem. AHEM. Guys, please don’t make a scene here,” Kangin coughed purposely. “We’re not filming a love story,” he continued, grinning.

“Everyone let’s go to our rooms now,” Leeteuk commanded, still chuckling.

“Ne, hyung,” answered the others.

“Kibum, wait.” Heerin ran towards him and whispered,”Thank you for helping me out last night.”

“Sure, princess~” he gave a wink, then left.

“Why is everyone calling me princess?” she uttered.

“Because you’re one~” Donghae answered from behind.

“Do you really think I am?”

“Nope…you’re not,” he crossed his arms and watched her pout.

“Whatever, Lee Donghae…”

“I miss you calling my name like that~ what’s my name again?” he started chasing her.

“Nah-ah…I’m not telling,” she protested, childishly.

 

When they reached the garden-like place, they stared at night sky, while sitting near a fountain.

 

“Tell me, honestly. Why are you all here?” she asked, looking at his face.

“It was my idea. I wanted to see you,” Donghae glanced directly in her eyes, making her blush. “Are you mad?”

“Me? Aniyo…actually, I’m very happy that you came…I don’t know why~but seeing you make me happy.” She once again arched her lips, playing with her fingers.

 

From afar, Kibum was silently watching at them through his room’s window.

How long will it take for you to realize that all you need is each other?”                       

 

Donghae suddenly grabbed her. “We’ve rented the noraebang on the 2nd floor. I know you want to sing.”

“That’ll be great~”

 

*******************************************************

 

Just as Eunho finishes taking a bath, there came a knock on the door.

“Is it you Heerin? Just a second.” He instantly opened the door, but he was shocked at what he saw. Right in front of him, standing was Haneul smirking evilly.

“What the---? How did you find me here?” he stammered.

“Oh…didn’t I tell you that I’m working here? My bad.”

“What is this hide-and-seek? I told you not now!”

“Don’t you dare raise your voice on me! You’re the one who did this thing to me!” she raised her voice, pointing at her tummy.

“Yes, I know that. It was my biggest fault.”

“And now it was just a mistake? You haven’t told her, have you?” tears streamed down Haneul’s face. “You’re so unfair! Maybe, I should’ve killed this baby.”

 

*******************************************************

 

“Why are you only now?” Leeteuk grabbed Donghae and Heerin, pushing them towards their seat.

“Shabang shabang~” Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Yesung and Sindong started singing a trot song. Everyone clapped their hands and danced to the rhythm of the song.

When the song ended, RaSeul, HeeYeon, JaeEun and Heerin sang “Run to You” by DJ Doc, which made the boys filled with excitement.

“Yay~ woohoo!”

“Bounce with me…bounce with me~bounce with me…bounce”

“Woori the two of us~”The boys managed to sing along with the girls.

“Where is Eunho? I haven’t seen him yet.” Upon saying this, Heechul nudged Leeteuk’s side.

“Wae?” he whimpered softly.

“Ahehe…Leeteuk, don’t ruin the atmosphere here,” Heechul said, laughing fakely. “Right, Heerin?”

“Huh?”

“Good thing, she did not hear.” Heechul stood up and stole the mic from the girls. “My turn~”

 

Babo, geuraeyo geudae boneun nan~Neomu banjjak banjjak nuni booshyuh~no no no no no~

 

“Pardon our hyung. Gee had been his national anthem.” Donghae, and the others jokingly bowed.

“No problem,” the four girls waved out their hands in unison.

“Why don’t I see him? Where’s your boyfriend Rinnie?” JaeEun interrogated. “I’m having a bad feeling here~”

“Unnie~ He’s just in our room. Maybe he’s sleeping already.”

“You don’t look fine,” Donghae held her arm. “Perhaps, you want to rest now?”

“I’m fine. I’ll check on him first, and then I’ll be right back.”

 

******************************************************************************

 

 After that, she went to her and his room. When she was just few steps away from the slightly opened door, she began to hear Eunho and a woman’s voice, crying.

 

“Babe~ I can’t take this any longer! I want to die!”

“Haneul-sshi…I’m so sorry. Promise, I will tell her. Please don’t leave me behind.  I need you and our baby!” Eunho pleaded, holding both of her hands.

 

Heerin’s eyes widened, as she was taken aback. Tears swiftly poised in the corner of her eyes, threatening to pour down.

 

I can’t believe this~” She said in a cracked voice. She bit her lip harder as she witnessed the next thing happening---Eunho started kissing Haneul.

Eunho…I thought you…”

 

Her body froze. That was the worst night of her life. Only when she realized that someone was looking at her from the corner, has she begun to move.

 

“H-Hee…Heerin, what happened?” Donghae was shocked upon seeing her miserable face; he saw her tears flowing on her pale cheeks.

 

She quickly wiped her face and ran away. He, on the other hand, stopped in front of the room. There, he also saw the whole event. His rage went up but what were running through his mind were those lonely eyes, piercing through his heart.

 

****************************************************************************

 

He followed her until he found his self inside the music room. She was standing in front, making every one else believe that she is happy.

 

“Sing for us!” Heechul chanted. Chants begin to fill the room as she waits for HeeYeon pick a song for her to sing.

“Uhm…How about this one? Without Words…”

“Waah…Minamishineyo OST. I love that!” the other girls exclaimed. “Do it Rinnie~”

She let out a heavy sigh, nodding. Although her voice was soft, it was trembling.

“Eh…please forgive me if I’ll screw it up…”

 

The music started playing, everyone was listening.

 

hajimalgeol geurreseo (I shouldn’t have done that)

Moreuncheok haebeorilgeol (I should have pretended not to know)

Anbo inneun geotcheoreom neol (like I didn’t see it)

Bolsu eobtneun geotcheoreom neol~aye (like I couldn’t hear it)

Bojimal geol geuraettnabwa (I shouldn’t have looked at you in the first place)

 

Domangchil geol geurresseo{I should have run away)

Motdeureuncheok geureolgeol (I should have pretended I wasn’t listening)

Deudjido mothaneuncheok (like I didn’t hear it,)

Deureul su eobtneun geotcheoreom ~aye (like I couldn’t hear it)

Ne sarang deudji anheul go (I shouldn’t have heard your love in the first place)

 

Maldo eobshi sarangeul alge hago (Without a word you made me know love)

Maldo eobshi sarangeul naege jugo (Without a word you gave me love)

Sumgyeol hanajocha neol damge haenogo

Iruhke domang ganikka (Because you took just a breath and ran away like this)

Maldo eobsi sarangi nareulddeona (Without a word love leaves me)

Maldo eobshi sarangi nareul beoryeo (Without a word love abandons me)

Moseun mareun halji damun ibi

Honjaseo noman geotgatta(Wondering what to say next, my lips were surprised)

Maldo eobshi waseo (Because it came without a word)

 

Wae ireohke apeunji?(Why does it hurt so much?)

Wae jakkuman apeunji? (Why does it hurt continuously?)

Neol bolsu eobtdaneun geo (Except for a fact that I can’t see you anymore)

Naega eobtdaneungeo malgo modu(And that you’re not here anymore)

Yejeon gwaddeok gatteun geonde (Otherwise it’s the same as before)

 

“Hey oppa, is she going to cry?” HeeYeon asked worriedly, when Heerin suddenly took a long pause.

“You’re right. Her eyes are becoming teary. What could’ve happened?” Yesung looked at Donghae who was very apologetic for her.

“Did you notice it too?” RaSeul slightly shook JaeEun’s arm.

“Mianhae~” Heerin blurted all of a sudden, stopping. “I can’t do this any longer…I’m really sorry…”

“Unnie~” RaSeul walked to her, after seeing her shed tears. “Tell me, tell us what’s wrong?”

 

She ran away, rather than facing her friends. Donghae clenched his fist, stood up and punched the wall hardly.

 

“DAMN!”

“HYUNG!” Ryeowook and Kyuhyun screamed nervously.

“Take it easy…” Heechul, Kangin and Hankyung stopped him from hitting the wall again.

“What’s wrong with her? WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!” Leeteuk raised his voice. “Will you just explain it to us?”

 

Donghae walked out from their sight. All of them were speechless after what happened. Neither of them speaks at that moment when Leeteuk began to talk.

 

“Let’s leave these things to them,” he said in a cool manner. “We don’t know what’s going on so let us not meddle with them. I hope it’ll be solved.”

“Oppa, all of us needs to rest. We have only arrived earlier and now, many things came up. Don’t push your self too hard,” RaSeul held his hands and hugged him.

“She’s right,” HeeYeon and JaeEun bid Yesung and Eunhyuk their good night kisses.

 

*******************************************************************

 

“Heerin-ah! Heerin-ah!”

 

Donghae searched for her everywhere around the place, but he couldn’t find her. He kept on shouting, panting heavily. 

 

“It’s me…Donghae. Where are you?!”

I’m going nuts! Where can I find you?!” desperately, he thought, looking around.

 

When he was about to stop, he heard someone sobbing just a few meters away. He walked towards the large pile of rocks near the seashore and found Heerin behind those, sitting and crying on her knees.

 

“I’m so worried…” Donghae knelt in front of her, softly touching her shoulder.

“Please…I’m begging you…leave me alone.”

“I can’t do that. Let’s go back.”

 

Her sobs went deeper and heavier, but he continued to stay.

“I’m so ashamed of my heart…I just want to hide it in the dark…”

 

Donghae tried to smile, lifting her chin up.

 

“I can’t let you do that~ …If you keep on hiding in the dark, you will only hurt yourself even more. I don’t want to see you like this, Heerin.”

“But Donghae-sshi…”

“Hush…” he placed a finger on her lips. “Can still you still remember the night when you saw me crying in the backyard?

…You know what? It felt so good having you there by my side.”

“But this is a different case…” she spoke firmly.

Different? Because all of these tears your wasting are for Eunho! I’ve told you so many times before that I never liked Eunho for you, but I chose to trust him because of you. He doesn’t deserve even a pint of your love and affection!” anger in his voice was showing.

“Maybe you’re right~” her tears started to fall down again involuntarily. “I never thought this would happen…I’m sorry, I never trusted you…I was a fool thinking that he had changed and a totally foolish girl dreaming that I’m his only one! Was my love not enough? Don’t I deserve to be happy? Is it hard to love me? I wished, I’ve listened to all of you.

It’s not hard falling for you…because if it’s true…I wouldn’t have loved you the way I do now,” his thoughts of her were becoming unbearable. He sighed while listening to her sobs.

“I HATE HIM! Why does he have to hurt me like this?! I never knew that this would be so painful…my heart wants to burst!

Oppa, seeing him with the woman I hated the most…it’s killing every part of me…”

“…I’m sorry for not being able to protect you…I know, this might not be enough to mend your broken heart …but then again Heerin, I want you to remember that you have me. You can always count on me~”

 

Donghae went closer to her, enough for him to hold her face.

“You’ve done enough…I don’t want to bother you. My conscience can’t take it. Don’t think about me anymore…Every time I see you anxious and worried because of me, it upsets me. Sorry for being a problem to you~”

 

Heerin tried to look away, avoiding him. She stood up but Donghae caught her wrist and let her face him. After wiping her tears, he slowly pulled her close to him.

 

“All I want from you is to DEPEND ON ME…LEAN ON ME~”

 

Heerin’s heart raced faster, as she gazed through his loving eyes. She can feel the warmth of his touch on her face. It was the same feeling she felt for him before.

“Hae~”

“…Don’t stay long in the dark, because if you do, I will always be ready to share my light…just to see you smiling brightly. I will do everything for you. Forget about him…I know it’s hard, but I’ll help you. Just trust me.”

“Kamsahamnida~” Heerin suddenly flung her arms and embraced him tightly.

 

Instead of letting go, Donghae responded by locking her securely in his arms. Heerin did not stop him. Slowly, she was feeling a lot better because of him.

 

“It’s a tough day for you~” she whispered as they both let go of each other. “…and that was because of me…mianhae.”

“Aish, stop saying sorry,” Donghae pinched her nose lightly. “…but since you’ve mentioned it…you have to pay me now…”

“Aiyah~ I thought you were being sincere!”

“SLEEP WITH ME TONIGHT~”

“W-What?!” she turned to face him. “…But…but isn’t that a little bit too much?” she cutely crossed her arms, making her voice softer. “I just had my heart ache~”

“Can’t you grant my wish?” he said, showing his puppy eyes.

“OH...NOT THAT EYES AGAIN!” she whined, totally dazed again with his stare.

“YOU CAN NEVER EVER RESIST ME!” he smirked naughtily. “Now, shall we?”

 

He handed out his hand and waited for her response. After awhile, she finally made her decision and took his hand. As soon as they reached his room, Donghae instantly lend his black trousers and maroon shirt

 

“Take a bath and wear these.”

 

She hesitated at first, but she took the clothes anyway.

“Thanks~”

 

[Heerin’s POV]

 

In the shower:

 

“I hate this day~”

I quickly immersed my self in the bathtub…hoping to erase today’s memories. But as I rise, I can still remember everything as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes once again betrayed me when I found myself crying.

I know that what I’ve seen was enough reason for me to leave him…but as long as I can feel this stupid love…it will continue to create a scar in my heart…it will continue, hurting me.

 

When she finished bathing, she saw Donghae sleeping in the couch. She came closer to wake him up.

 

“Oppa~ oppa~” she softly shook his arms.

“Rin-ah…”

“Get up. Sleep on the bed.”

“Don’t mind me. You sleep there~”

“I insist.”

 

She eventually convinced him, so he got up and followed her.

 

“Hae-sshi…”

“What is it?” he smiled at her sweetly.

“Is it really okay for me to stay here?”

“Of course…I know you wouldn’t want to sleep withhim.”

“…Yeah.”

“Aish…sleep already!”

“I don’t want to…”

“Come closer,” he ordered her.

“What?”

“Sleep here,” said he, pointing to the space next to him. “Just do so.”

“Jeongmal?” she stuttered, slowly nearing him.

She gradually lied down, facing the other side.

“Oppa, are you asleep?”

“Hmm?” he muttered in a sleepy voice.

“Never mind.”

 

The night passed by swiftly as she at last, sailed inside her dreamworld.