The Vacation

Reset

While some of the members are busy doing their own things in the living room, Eunhyuk approached Leeteuk.

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong with Donghae AGAIN?” asked he.

“Heerin…no other reason,” Leeteuk sighed. “He’s so in love with her, but we all know he can’t have her.”

“But that Eunho is a bad guy according to JaeEun. We should convince Heerin to break up with him. What if he hurts her?” Eunhyuk crossed his arms, still looking at Donghae.

“Sungmin-sshi, call Heechul first,” Leeteuk requested.

“But he’s playing with HeeBum and Baengshin,” Sungmin pouted cutely.

“Who called up CINDERELLA?” Heechul smiled as he approached the three. “Do you need anything? I’m done playing with my cats.”

“What do you think of Donghae and Heerin’s problem? Got any idea?”

Heechul chuckled. “Yah. They are not young anymore. They know what to do, right Donghae?” he blurted, loud enough for him to hear.

“Mwoh?” he said shocked, seated on the couch.

“So what are her plans?” Heechul said.

“Huh? You meant Rinnie’s plans? She’s going to Jeju with HIM,” he bit his lips. “Should I follow them?” he asked desperately.

“I can’t believe that our Donghae can be this desperate,” Leeteuk smiled. “Why don’t you do that?”

“I don’t know what to do!” he whined cutely. “Hyungs, help me~”

“Ppali…Give me my cellphone,” Kangin commanded Yesung.

“What are you thinking?” Yesung wondered. “You don’t have a girlfriend to call to~ or by chance…do you have now?” he continued to tease.

“…Nonsense. It is not because of that! I am going to call our Seunghwan-hyung. I’ll ask him to settle a two-day vacation for us.” Kangin started dialing their manager’s number.

“Y-You mean, we can all go to Jeju that time?” Donghae’s face brightened up, clutching his arms around Kangin’s neck.

“What else?” Kangin smiled, playfully messing with his hair.

“HYUNG, I LOVE YOU~” he hugged him tightly.

 

******************************************************

 

Morning, in SME Rooftop

 

“Aish,” Heerin released a deep sigh, looking at the sight of Seoul from the building.

“You are not planning to commit suicide, are you?” Kibum said as he approached her.

“Kibum-ah…”

“Now, you’re not even calling me ‘oppa’…” he poked her nose softly. “You’ve changed~”

Heerin nudged his arm and laughed. “Yah! Who told you I’ve changed?”

“No one.”  He then pulled her into a hug. “I miss you, Heerin. I really do.”

 

She feel him breathing against her hair as he continued to caress her.

“I’ve missed you too, Kibum-sshi,” she whispered.

 

Here I go again,” Donghae mumbled to himself, standing behind the slightly opened door. “I envy you Kibum…you can always show your true feelings to her. Why? Why can’t I do it?”

 

*******************************************************

 

“HeeYeon-ah, do you want to go to Jeju tomorrow?” Yesung asked her.

“He’s right. Do want to go, too JaeEunnie?” Eunhyuk showed his puppy eyes.

“I guess they’ve said it all. Let’s go RaSeul, okay?” Leeteuk smirked.

 “What exactly is happening?” the three confused girls chorused. “Why are you asking us out all of a sudden?”

“Truthfully, we decided to help Donghae out,” Eunhyuk confessed. “…So are you guys in or out?”

“IN~” they happily answered. “Anything for those TWO~”

“So the gang’s complete for tomorrow’s mission!” Kangin and Heechul high fived.

 

*******************“

Babe, we must go by 5:00 PM,” Eunho said as he was helping Heerin packed her things.

“Uh~yeah,” she smiled faintly. “By the way, when did you start calling me ‘babe’?”

“Eh? Haven’t I called you like that before?” Eunho wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Ne.”  She pouted, poking his nose. “I longed to hear that.”

“Oh, so I call you babe…Babe…Babe~” he started tickling her.

“O-p-pa.” she stopped running and sat on her bed. “Your phone’s ringing.”

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Who is it?” Heerin questioned curiously.

“Ah…just my mother~” he stuttered, clearing his throat.

“Can I talk to her? I never have the chance to talk to her. I wanna meet her,” Heerin said innocently.

“Oh, she hunged up~ perhaps busy,” he lied.

“Ah, that was unfortunate~” she softly protested.

 

“I’m sorry Rin-ah…” Eunho thought.

 

**************************************************

5:35 PM, Incheon Airport

 

“It’s still 10 minutes before departure. I’ll get coffees for the both of us.”

 

Heerin walked away, heading to the nearest coffee shop. Her phone suddenly rang and she immediately picked it up.

 

“Donghae-sshi…”

“……..”

“Oppa~ is anything wrong?” she asked concernedly.

“Heerin-ah…mianhae,” he finally said.

“…But why? Oppa has been so good to me.”

“Just promise me, you won’t be mad if anything comes up so unexpectedly.”

“I don’t get it...But okay…I won’t.”

 

She heard him sighed.

“Take care,” Donghae said. “Bye.”

“Annyeong~”

 

What could it be?She thought, walking towards Eunho who was waiting.

 

“What took you so long?”

“Ah. Nothing~” she lied. “

 

**********************************************

“All passengers bound for flight 5J201-Jeju, please proceed and board to the plane shortly.”

 

“Now, let’s go~” Eunho held her hand tightly.

 

The two-hour travel went by. They finally arrived in Jeju. They stayed in a resort in Bigeum-do, the hometown of Eunho.

 

“This place is really beautiful!” Heerin said excitedly, breathing in the fresh sea breeze in their room’s veranda.

“I’m glad you like it,” he whispered. “Happy Anniversary, babe!”

“Yeah…Likewise~”

 

He then began to send butterfly kisses in her cheeks, down to her neck.

 

“Oops…Not there. Not now~” she uttered, pushing him gently.

“You’re unfair. I’m being sweet here…”

“I know, but let’s first roam around this place.”

“Fine. Come on.”

“Wait, haven’t you forgotten something?” she asked.

“Uhm…no. Gaja~” he started walking, smiling.

 

I was waiting to hear you say…I love you…” Heerin shook her head and followed him after. “Why does it feel like I’m alone, knowing I’m with the man I love? If it was Donghae who’s with me…maybe I won’t feel left out.”

 

While walking after having dinner, Eunho noticed the awkwardness between him and Heerin.

“Are you okay?”

“Maybe I’m just tired. Can we head back to our rooms?” she requested. “I want to take a rest.”

“Okay,” he placed his arm on her shoulder.

 

Back in their room…

 

“I’ll just call a friend outside,” said he.

She just nodded and took out her cellphone. As she looked upon her photo gallery, she realized those photos of her friends laughing crazily. She also stopped scrolling when she saw her own pictures of Donghae sleeping and smiling in the dressing room.

Later that night, Kibum called. A long heartfelt conversation started.

 

“Oppa…”

“Hi there Heerin-ah! Base on your voice, something’s bothering you, right?”

“...Well. Sort of~”

“What is it?”

“Do I really love him?”

“What?! Why ask such question?”

“Mollayo. I can’t understand myself! I don’t know what to do!”

“Yah. I’ve heard that awhile ago,” Kibum smirked as he remembered Donghae saying the same words to him and to the other members

“Huh? Anyways, oppa, help me decide. I love Eunho like forever but I think something has changed. And now, I guess I’m totally falling for another guy.”

“Uhm…Let me think. If you’re torn between two lovers, I think you should choose the second one…because you won’t be confused if you really love that first guy. Love too can end, especially if it wasn’t meant.”

 

Silence creep over the line. Neither of them speaks.

 

“Yeobeoseyo? Heerin, are you still there?”

“Yeah. You sound so professional oppa!”

“Do you think so? I guess I know that other guy. I’m so jealous with him, because he has your heart…It is DONGHAE, isn’t it?”

“Shush! Someone might hear you,” she bit her lip, sighing.

“So, I guessed it right. Do you love him this much?”

“I’ve tried to stop my feelings for him, but I can’t help it. It keeps on growing, every time I see him. It gets deeper and deeper each day…so much that it hurts me. I’m imprisoned with this guilt I have for Eunho.”

“But that Eunho is a bastard!” unable to control his anger, Kibum blurted out.

“Mwoh? What did you just say?”

“Don’t fall for his tricks. He’s just using you…playing with you. He’s got another girl!”

“What made you say this? I know you don’t like him, but it’s not right to pull him down like this. Besides, I haven’t seen one.”

“I’m sorry to say this, but don’t act blind~ look closely and you’ll see. He’s not worth all your love and loyalty.”

“Mianhae…but I choose to trust him. Kibum-oppa, please don’t tell anyone about what you have known from this talk.”

“Arasseo~ Heerin, I want you to be happy…even if it means that I’m not a part of your happiness…”

 

He kept the last part for his self. It was hard for him, but he chose to be in that condition.

“Komawo. I hope that you can be happy, too~” she then hunged up.

 

Immediately after, Eunho entered the room. Heerin pretended to sleep, as she felt a quick kiss in her cheek. Because of this, she slowly opened her eyes.

*Am I really the only one, Eunho-sshi?*