.07

Fatal attraction

 

 

 

Woohyun POV
 
 
I am never going to sleep late again after this, especially when you have a long and a very boring event ahead of you. There were already a lot of people when I arrived and their eyes were on me as I went inside the hall. I smirked, knowing why I got such attention from them. I saw some of them approaching me and I decided to turn into the opposite direction, deliberately avoiding them and there I saw Sungyeol with his wife. It wasn’t weird to see her here since she’s also a part of this event. 
 
 
“You’re here early. This is a miracle.” 
 
It was the first thing he said when he saw me and I snorted at him. Gayoon, his wife just laughed and shook her head. I’m used being teased about my punctuality. I’d usually be in my car and waited until it’s less than five minutes before the meetings started.But Sungyeol didn’t know that. In fact, no one did. But there was a reason why I’m early today. 
 
“You’re the superstar today,” Sungyeol said, “must be because the deals huh.” 
 
“What else could it be?” 
 
I replied whilst subtly looking and searching for her. Glancing towards my watch, it showed just less than ten minutes before the meeting started and she wasn’t here yet. My stomach grumbled and I remembered I hadn’t eaten my breakfast. Just as I started to head to the buffet, I saw Yoonji stepping inside the hall. She was staring wide eyed as she scanned the whole room and I immediately knew that this was going to be her first time delivering a presentation.
 
 
Actually, I did not expect to see her at all knowing Sungyeol already said he was going to take over the presentation but I guess the plan changed. Our eyes met just for a second and I noticed her eyes widened a little when he saw me and I wondered why. Was it because she wasn’t expecting to see me there or because of something else?
 
 
I turned around, bidding my farewell to Sungyeol and his wife and making my way to the buffet.The food made my mouth water but since I only have a little time left, I decided to settle with sausages and buns. Just as the first bite reached my lips, I felt someone tapped my shoulder. I could already tell who it was by the voices and I rolled my eyes, feeling slightly agitated now but putting on my best smile and behavior, I turned around and greeted them. We chatted for a while and I’m not surprised when they wanted to know how I managed to seal the deal with Kim Co. I had the urge to roll my eyes again but I held it. Honestly, did they think I’m stupid to tell them my secret? 
 
 
Silently praying for the announcement for us to get inside to be announced as soon as possible, I looked over to Sungyeol and I saw Yoonji with him. No sight of Gayoon though. Perhaps she had already gone to her company’s group. She laughed a little which I think as Sungyeol made a joke and noticed how much better she looked today. Even with the makeup but it was still natural enough. Biting her lips, she looked nervous as hell and I began to wonder how she was going to go through her presentation. It would be so much fun to watch.
 
 
Just as I heard the announcement, I excused myself and went inside the room and took the farthest chair as always. The light dimmed a little as the person who was in charge began his speech. I listened as much as possible before all I could hear was gibberish voices and my eyes started to start closing on their own accord. Yawning a little, I took out my phone and checking through my messages, sorting the emails and I didn’t realized when the presentation had started. Only when the third presenter, a middle-aged woman was done with her presentation and the loud applause followed after that, I knew hers was the best so far. 
 
 
A buzz signaling a new message just came in distracted me and I took out my phone to check the message and turned out it was from Eunjung, my partner in crime and also known as my best friend with benefit. I mentally snorted over that lame title. So much for friends with benefit. As I started to write for her reply, then I heard her name. 
 
Han Yoonji as the fourth presenter.
 
 
My interest piqued as she started her presentation but my fingers were busy on my phone’s keypad and my gaze was set on the phone’s screen. Her voice cracked a little and I heard low laughter from behind me and turning my head slightly, I looked over at them and shot a dirty look. They stopped dead on track when they saw me and if they’re clever enough, I’m expecting an apology call from them before the sun was even going to rise the next morning. Although it’s not like I’m going to pick up their calls anyway. I didn’t like the fact that they’re making a joke on someone as if they’re the one who was presenting at the front of, at least, a hundred of people.
 
She was going to represent my company and forgetting about the reply to Eunjung, I started to pay fully attention on her. Our eyes met briefly before she looked over at somewhere else. As time went by, she regained her composition and even making jokes from now and then, earning everyone’s attention fully on her. The person next to me muttered something into my direction but I couldn’t hear anything but her voice. Or how she was pacing around at the front with such an elegance worth-praising steps and how she adjusted her leopard print glasses on her nose. 
 
 
Her presentation was coming to an end and I found myself silently hoping it would last longer. It didn’t last longer as I hope it would be as she ended her speech with a thank you and bowed to the audience. Looking down to my phone and writing down a reply to Eunjung, my lips curled into a small smile when I heard the loudest applause yet and the positive appraisal she received. 
 
I did not wait as the next presenter began his speech as I excused myself and left the room. It’s another record I stayed this long and I had to leave anyway; some business had to be done today.
 
 
 
End of POV
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yoonji POV
 
 
God, thankfully it was over and my hands felt like I’ve dipped them in cold water for hours. I think I did well but whatever the outcome was, I’m happy with whatever I’ve delivered during the presentation. It took me months to practice and a few extra lessons with Seohyun as my audience. I was talking to someone but my eyes were searching for the sight of Woohyun, but he was nowhere to be seen. 
 
Weird, he was still here when I was delivering my presentation. I didn’t know why but I felt even more proud of myself to be able to delivery my presentation in front of him. As if I’ve showcased my strength and to prove him that a sickness won’t bother my ability to work. 
 
He must have left to meet his woman of the week by the smile he had on his face when he was busy with his phone. I just hope he was listening to my presentation and I don’t know why but secretly, I wished I knew what his thoughts were about my speech. He seemed to be busy today though. Then I remembered when Sungyeol told me about the successful deal he sealed with the second biggest and powerful company in this industry. No wonder it seemed like the attentions were all on him despite that he was just here as an audience. 
 
 
There were bosses from the other companies who tried to talk to him but only few managed to and I couldn’t help but to notice the women eyes on him. Really, it wasn’t that hard when their eyes were set on him and there was nothing subtle in their stares. There was even a woman who spilled a drink over her dress because she was too busy checking him out. I’m sure he noticed that. Or maybe he didn’t because he was already accustomed of women and their eyes on him. I couldn’t entirely blame them though. The way he dressed, as if he was ready for a runaway and I didn’t know he knew that or not. Not many can pull off wearing a jacket paired with jeans, but he did. 
 
 
Shaking my head, I laughed at myself for paying too much attention on him. But here’s the problem. I didn’t even realize it. 
 
God, I’m just the same as the other women in the hall.
 
 
 
After ordering Chinese food for my dinner, I switched on the television to watch the news but mostly, it was the television that watched me while I’m reading my book. Yes, I loved to read in silent but lately, since Seohyun was gone and I’m being left alone in the apartment, I preferred the noise from the television to accompany me as I’m trying to finish the current book I’m reading. 
 
I’m in need of a new housemate but since Seo said she’s coming back then I didn’t think it would be necessary. I’m just hoping she’s coming back as soon as possible because I really couldn’t afford paying the rent all by myself. I was just a few pages away from finishing the book I’m reading when I heard the bell to my house ringing. Thinking it was the delivery from my take away, with thick glasses on and my messy bun, I opened the door, expecting to see the delivery guy with my foods but the person in front of me had me paralyzed for a good seconds before I managed to squeak a hello.
 
 
“Woohyun? I mean, Mr. Nam. What are you doing here?”
 
 
 
 
 
End of POV
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
Another treat for you subbies before this year ends. This will be the last update (for this fic) in 2013 and I would like to wish you a Happy New Year in advance! ♥♥
 
If you have twitter don't forget to follow me at @my_hoyadori because I'm mostly there or at instagram @myhoyadori :D