.10

Fatal attraction

Hi, I'm back ❤

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

 

 

Woohyun POV

 

By the time she came out from the toilet, the crew was already half way done with their job. Perfect. Seem like I didn’t have to stay up late. Yoonji excused herself from me, once again, and she went to her desk. She avoided my eyes, and fiddled with the files on her desk absently. I didn’t like the feeling of being ignored. Had I done something wrong?

Ten minutes later, the crew was done with their job.

Efficient as always.

 

After making sure the door was locked, I called out for her.

“Are you ready to go home, Yoonji?”
 

Her eyes snapped up to me and she nodded as she reached out for her bag. When she looked up at me again, her eyes suddenly went behind me. Following her gaze, I turned around to see what exactly  she was looking at.

My father was stalking toward us and I cursed under my breath. What the hell does he want?
 

“What did you say to the maid?” He spat; I can see his eyes full of hatred and I actually liked it. that. I loved it. I loved the reason he’s mad was because of me.

“Do you mean your ?”
 

I said it too loudly and I heard a gasp behind me. I forgot someone else was with us this time.

Most of the time, he always acted like a good father in front of everyone else. His face turned red from unspoken anger.
 

“Do you like that that much? Does she like you too? Are you sure it’s not because of your money? I thought you could do better than that, father.”
 

I added, and challenged him to unleash his anger on me. His jaw tightened and his hands balled at his side. He looked like as if he’s ready to hit me and I dared him to. But suddenly, his eyes diverted from mine to the person behind me.
 

“And who the hell are you? His toy?”

“No, dad. Unlike you, I read the company’s policy. I know how to separate my social life with my business.” I said, smiling casually when I saw him tense.

“Stay away from my business, Woohyun and you can as many staff as you want. I don’t give a damn about your life. Not before and never will.” He said icily.
 

I felt pathetic to myself because I felt  thought to be hurt in my heart hearing him say that. His eyes danced with victory because he knew he had just won the battle. That blank canvas my little self taught me slowly covering the pain in my eyes. I did this since I was a little child and since I knew I wasn’t supposed to be born in this world; I was just a stupid mistake.

Walking slowly to him, I let him drowned in his victory for a while because I didn’t want to spoil his celebration. He stood proud, like nothing could hurt him. But he was wrong. This victory was going to be mine.
 

“And do you honestly think I give a about you? Please wake up from your dream, father. Because that will never happen. Not before, not right now and most definitely not in the future. And that girl behind me? She s better than all of your s, I can guarantee that.”

 

I guess I was right. The victory was indeed mine. Because the next thing I saw was his fist on my face, connecting to my cheek. I doubled over and coughed. Victory was indeed sweet. And tasted like metallic.

“Oh my god,” someone exclaimed behind me and I turned swiftly to her. “Are you okay? You’re bleeding!”
 

She knelt down beside me and her fingers gently touched my lips and her face scrunched in a mixture of pain and shocked. I looked up to my father and he had the audacity to look surprised. He should have been proud.

Proud of hurting me mentally and physically.
 

Harshly, I wiped away the blood that seeped from my busted lips and the next thing that happened was all blurry for me. What I knew was I grabbed her hand and stormed away from the office to my car. I drove mindlessly. Not knowing where to go except for that one place.

Yoonji… She shouldn’t be part of this mess. Maybe I should have just politely asked her to go home by herself but I didn’t want to be an . I promised her I would send her home. But the problem was… I’m not heading to her house. In fact, we were far away from her house’s location the moment I took a left turn and she seemed to notice it now. From my peripheral vision, I saw her head darted nervously between me and the road.
 

“I don’t think this is the road to my house Mr. Nam.” She said quietly, while looking for any sign boards along the road.

I didn’t say anything. It’s not that I didn’t want to answer her, but I was lost at words. What should I tell her? She shouldn’t have seen that accident between my father and I? He was portrayed as a loving father and kind hearted public figure by the media and outsiders. But a little part of me was glad she had seen his true colors.
 

“Woohyun, please stop. I’ll just take the bus from here.” She spoke again, a little louder this time.

“Yoonji please-“

“I’ll jump from this car if I have to.”

“Wait, what?”
 

She unbuckled her seatbelt and tried to reach for the door when I smashed on the brake and the car stopped almost instantly. Thank God there were no other cars behind us.

! This is not what I need right now.

 

Calmly, I placed my hand on hers and she stopped whatever she was doing. I turned to her and cursed mentally when I saw her frightened face.
 

“I’m so sorry if I scared you. But please, I promise I won’t hurt you. I... I..”

What the hell am I supposed to tell her? Please come with me? Please accompany me because I really need someone to be with me right now? This woman barely knew me! ..
 

She remained silent in her seat and then her eyes fell to my hand that was on hers. I released my hold and sighed deeply.

“Look, we are already far away from your house. I know I’m going to sound really selfish right now but I really don’t want to turn around just to send you. And I am not going to drop you here alone at the middle of this lonely road okay? You have to trust me in this. Go ahead and text someone and tell her or him that you are with me and if you didn’t return in 24 hours, she or he can go and report to the police or something.”
 

I looked at her, studying her expression as she’s making up her mind. When she didn’t say anything for a long time, I started to think that she really didn’t trust me and I wouldn’t blame her. I was thinking of another plan when she finally sighed and said;
 

“Okay..”

 

 

End of POV

 

 

 

 

Yoonji POV

 

I didn’t know what the hell I was thinking when I agreed to follow him. I was this close to jump off from his car but that desperation in his voice…. I knew I wasn’t supposed to see all that fight between him and his father. I was still shocked from what had just happened; it almost felt surreal. I didn’t know that they didn’t get along. Surely, there were rumors circulating around but rumors were rumors. They should not be taken seriously but there’s maybe some truth in them anyway. Mentally shaking my head, I pulled out my phone and typed in a quick message to Seohyun about my whereabouts and to tell my parents that I love them if I don’t return from this trip; okay, that last part was exaggerated. I had chosen to believe this man for whatever reason it was and I’m going to trust my gut.
 

The road was dark except for the lights coming from his car. I didn’t know what to do or what to look at and I hated that feeling. My phone’s battery was about to die and I intended on keeping it alive to see if there’s any call or message coming in until we’re going to arrive to his destination. He was driving for what felt like hours and the tiring day spent at the office back then was finally taking its toll on me. I could barely open my eyes when he took an exit from the highway to God knows where. I had lost count how many times I yawned or stretched my body without making it too obvious for him. I hope I didn’t snore when I snoozed off.

I looked up to him below my groggy lashes and I took that little time to appreciate this man's face. I’m not going to deny that this man is indeed attractive. He knows how to dress and even in his office attire, he still looked gorgeous. His hair was disheveled and he looks even more handsome like that. His expression was hard as if he was thinking about something. Or maybe it’s just the way he looked like when he’s driving. I yawned again, for the ninth times and he laughed softly.
 

“It’s okay, just sleep. It’s not like I’m going to do something bad when you’re sleeping anyway.” He said, with some humor in his tone that actually made me smile.

The seat felt so soft and comfortable all of sudden. The soft music coming from the radio was so soothing and I finally surrendered to my poor eyes.

 

 

End of POV

 

 

 

The car made a faint screeching sound as he stepped on the brake pedal and slowed down. He parked the car just outside the garage and he looked over to the dashboard to see what time it was. Groaning, Woohyun pinched the bridge of his nose and rubbed his eyes to ease the blurriness caused by the relentless hours of driving. Looking over to his side, he watched as the latter stirred in her sleep and snuggled deeper into the seat. He had slowed down the air-conditioner a while ago when he realized she was only wearing thin clothes with no thick outer clothing to keep her warm. Not wanting to disturb her, he ed his suit and wrapped it around her. She stirred again, making incoherent noises and he halted on what he was doing. His gaze travelled from her eyes down to her lips.

It was a sweet temptation, but he wasn’t going to be that kind of bastard and take an advantage of a helpless girl. If he wanted a kiss, he’ll ask permission for it. At least, that's the first thing he would do to a person like her. A person like Han Yoonji.
 

He adjusted her seat lower when he was sure she wasn’t going to wake up from her slumber. The fatigue slowly started to take its toll on him too and he yawned; his eyes could barely open on their own. Looking down at his watch, he decided an hour nap in the car wouldn’t hurt. He already called his personal maid so he should be here in a couple hours. He’d also parked his car at the right spot.
 

 Since he was a teenager, he had always wanted to watch the sunrise but he never got the chance to. Although this wasn’t exactly how he pictured it to be, it was better than nothing. There was still an hour to go before the dawn so it should be perfect. Turning off the radio, he rolled down the windows a little bit to get the outside air coming in.

 

 

 

The image in front of her was all blurry as she opened her eyes. She didn’t know how long she had been asleep but the car wasn’t moving anymore. They were now in someone’s lawn and someone had placed a jacket on her. While taking in her surrounding, she turned to her beside and saw him fast asleep. His hands were crossing on his front and his head lulled to the side a little bit. Even when he was in his sleep, he looked like someone in a total control. His eyebrows were no longer furrowed and he looked so peaceful. She wanted to reach out and touch his slightly unshaven face but stopped when she thought how inappropriate it would be. And instead, she brushed off his messy hair to the side and carefully, she laid his jacket on his body.
 

The sky was starting to clear up as the sun was going to start its job replacing the moon. She had never watched a sunrise before. This was going to be her first and she felt almost giddy about it. Woohyun stirred beside her and his eyes slowly opened. Yoonji, upon realizing he had woken up from his slumber, smiled widely and pointed to the sky.
 

“Isn’t it the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?” She said, almost too excitedly as her eyes glued to the sky.

“Yes it is.”
 

His voice was deep and breathless; she hardly recognized it. She turned to look at him and her cheeks felt warm all of sudden when she realized he had been watching her from the beginning, not the sunrise.He coughed awkwardly when he realized he had been blatantly staring at her. Adjusting his seat, he removed his jacket and looked up to the sky.
 

He smiled to himself as he watched the sun shining behind the cloud and they watched in silence, staring at the sky in awe and admiringly.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This update is also dedicated to narmabs on twitter. I promised her a special chapter for Starlight Tears but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. So sorry! I hope you and everyone else liked this update :)