Chapter 6

A New Beginning
Frozen like a statue, Jo Kwangmin didn't know what to say back to the girl hugging him tightly. His eyes were wide open and sweat was breaking out. It was getting awkward, so Chanyeon released then breathed a sigh. The look in her face when she saw that the boy in front of her was in shock from the surprise hug, made her giggle. She kept giggling and Kwangmin went back to his senses and asked why she was laughing. 
 
"Yah Lee Chanyeon! Why are you laughing?"
"Hahaha, because you look silly."
"How do I look silly?"
"That face of yours. It looked funny. Yah, I just hugged you and then your face went red."
"Yah! I'm not blushing!"
"As you say so. Hahaha!"
"Aish! This girl! Come here!"
"Woah, what are you doing? Trying to catch me huh? Well you can't!"
 
Chasing each other in the silent night, it brought noise to the neighbourhood. However, nobody cared and were probably already asleep. Chanyeon, running as fast as she could, while Kwangmin was right behind her, accidentally tripped on something she didn't see. Kwangmin saw what happened and ran to her.
 
"Are you alright?"
"Yes I'm alright."
 
She looked up to him and their eyes met. Staring deeply into each others eyes, they didn't know what to do next because of it. The awkwardness was surrounding them once again. But then, somebody walked up to them.
 
"Ehem, where were you guys?"
"Oh! Eomma!"
 
It was Chanyeon's mother, Mrs. Lee Richan, who was also giving them the evil eye. After a few moments, somebody came out.
 
"Yah Jo Kwangmin! You promised me that you would come home early!"
"Eomma?!"
 
There she was standing, Kwangmin's beloved mother, Mrs. Jo. The two lovely mothers were standing next to each other, staring at them as if they comitted a crime. Both were embarassed and frightened. Nevertheless, they all went inside the house to discuss about something.
 
"Lee Chanyeon. Jo Kwangmin."
"Yes eomma?"
"Ms. Jo and I have something to tell you both. Aren't I right my friend?'
"Yes you are Mrs. Lee. My son, please don't get mad at me and your dad, but we didn't have any other choice."
"What are you talking about eomma?"
 
Chanyeon and Kwangmin looked at each other, then looked back again at their moms. Curiosity was in both of their eyes. Their mothers took a deep breath and said, "All of us are living together."