Chapter 2

A New Beginning
 
15 minutes have passed and Chanyeon has finally awaken. She opened her eyes slowly and sat up steadily. Looking around, no one was there, but the sunset staring at her. Chanyeon stood up and noticed that there was a bandage on her head, but ignored it, so she decided to walk around the area. When she went back to the tree, she saw a shadow of man. Being aware that this man might be a bad one, she took a branch from the ground and got in a ready position to attack. Taking one step at a time, closed her eyes, and swinged the branch at him. She felt a something that stopped it. Opening her eyes, she saw a tall and rather dashing young boy, with his arm on the branch and lowered it down.
 
"Uhm, miss? I think you need a little more practice with your defense."
"Don't come near me! Please, I'll do anything! Just don't hurt me."
"You really hit your head hard, but the bandage should work." 
"Huh? Wait... Were you the one who put the bandage on my bruise?"
"Yup."
"And you were the one who placed me near this tree?"
"Uhuh, and in fact I was the only person who saw you roll like a buffalo down that trail. Good thing no one else was looking or you would have been a laughing stock."
"What did you say?!"
"I'm kidding! Someone has a bad temper..."
"No I don't! Anyway, I want to say thank you, and apologize for almost hitting you with the branch."
"No problem, it's fine, and you're not that strong enough, so it was easy to get that branch out of the way."
"Very well. I better get going, so see yah."
"Wait..."
"What?"
"Are you missing something?"
 
He pulled out her camera and she completely forgot that she still needed to take more pictures for the mission. As she walked toward him and politely grabbed the camera, Chanyeol wanted to make it a little fun. Chanyeon tried grabbing it, but Chanyeol kept on either shifting it to his other hand or putting his nad higher so that she could reach it. Finally, after multiple tries she grabbed it from him, but collapsed from the exhaustion.
 
"Are you okay?"
"Yea, I'm fine. My legs are just a little bit tired."
"Are you sure? I'm sorry, this is all my fault."
"No, it's not, and besides I did fall. If it wasn't for you I would be laying there like a dead animal."
"Yea... You know what, how about you rest and I'll get you some water so that you'll have some energy later."
"That's kind of you for you to do, but I'm good and I have something to do."
"What is it?"
"I need to take pictures for this mission."
"Great! I'll do that for you then."
"Are you sure? No offense, but are you good in taking pictures?"
"Of course I am! I'm for the school field trip too you know, so give me that camera of yours."
"But-"
 
Chanyeol took her camera and ran to a spot where she couldn't reach him. Chanyeon was going to catch him, however, she chose to observe him from where she was. Sitting next to the pleasant tree and staring at him for a few minutes, her heart tummy was starting to feel as though there were butterflies inside of it. Looking at him, his hair combed up straight, his long legs, his very fit figure and his good-looking face, Chanyeon was feeling something she never felt before. The fluterring of her heart, she just realized that she was beginning to like this guy and may nave a crush on him, even though she just knew him for a little while. Was this love at first site? Or was this just a lust?
 
He came back and gave her the camera and smiled at her. She smiled back and blushed a little, but managed to not show it too much. She said her thanks and bowed at him for taking the time to do the mission for her. Chanyeon stood up and headed off first, then heard him call her back.
 
"Hey!"
"Yea?"
"Sorry, I didn't get your name."
"Oh, my name is Chanyeon, Lee Chanyeon."
"Nice to meet you Chanyeon."
"What's yours?"
"Mine? Let me introduce to you to the most awesome person you have ever met, Park Chanyeol, but you can call me Chanyeol."
"Ahhh, well it's nice to meet you too Chanyeol. So, I better get going, I still need to find my friend who I apparently lost."
"I'll come with you."
"Suit yourself."
 
Both of them, side by side, walked together in going to the meeting place. Silence came out that only their footsteps and the surroundings around can be heard. It was getting boring and awkward that neither the two would want to start a converstion. 
 
It was getting dark and still not one of them said a word or phrase. Then... Snap! They froze for a minute and looked at each other. From looking at each other too long they looked away and went back to walking. Snap!  There it was again. Snap! Snap! Snap! Something was moving. Horrified, Chanyeon got closer to Chanyeol, accidentally bumping into him. Chanyeol felt the bump and chose to do it. He pulled her into his arms, making sure that no one or nothing will come near her.
 
"Don't worry, I'll protect you."