Disappointed

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Much to Ara's fortune, the students kept quiet about the scissors incident in front of the teachers. But that wasn’t all too unusual for the school. Problems were all being ignored; whether it was bullying, cigarettes, drugs; the teachers, even if they got scent of it, ignored it. Dealing with it would only cause too much publicity – people from outside would notice it, and as this was the richest, most well-known school from Seoul, it couldn’t allow any bad rumors. Still, there was gossip among the students. And soon, people seemed to be even more afraid of Ara than they had already been.

 

Two days passed ever since then, and Byunghee seemed to avoid her because of the scissors incident (an effect of this whole incident, Ara truly enjoyed). The gossip about the incident quickly drowned on this day, since the probably biggest event of this month was taking place – Lee Jaehyun's birthday party. By now the infamous routine of his party was now etched on Ara's mind, so much did the students talk about it. You go there, dance, drink, then there's only black, and woosh, you wake up, with a hangover and that bitter feeling of regret. Hearing all those words, she was more than glad that Hyejin had decided not to go.

 

When the door of the classroom opened, Ara snapped out of her thoughts and straightened.

 

“You tests from last week,” the teacher – a middle-aged woman in her forties – said, glancing at the pile of paper sheets in her hand.

 

Ara sighed. She hadn't been able to concentrate fully on the tests because of all the worries about Hyejin dating Kai had occupied her mind. But luckily, it was just a small test. Getting her test handed, she quickly glanced at the mark before putting it in her bag.

 

The teacher cleared . “On a different note. Class A's homeroom teacher absent, and as of now there is no substitute available, so the class is temporary dissolved and several students will be part of the other classes. Each class will get five new students. It is unclear whether it's going to stay this way, but all the classes right now consist of a small number of students, and our director doesn’t intend to employ new teachers for the time being, because he hasn't found anyone who fits our school's criteria.”

 

A few complains could be heard, as well as a few cheers, since most girls were utterly excited as class A was the one which all Kings were in. If only one of the kings would happen to get into this class, they'd faint from happiness. The teacher motioned the class to be silent. “We can only take truly qualified teachers. This is not Seoul's best school for no reason.”

 

Ara cocked her head lightly, listening halfheartedly. Fine by her. It wasn’t like she attended school because of her 'wonderful' class anyway. Five students more or five less, it didn’t make any difference for her, and she decided to close her eyes, since the whole matter didn’t interest Ara at all. When the teacher finally continued with her usual lessons, Ara opened her eyes again and straightened again.

 

-

 

Once school was finished, Ara hurried to her part-time job. Although today her shift was the longer one, she had to admit that today was one relaxed day, which was good because during the past few days she hadn't felt well – the headache occasionally appeared and she just felt tired. After she cleaned the last table, she already went to her locker to get her things when her boss stopped her.

 

“Ara!”

 

She turned around and gave him a surprised look. “The cook made too much Jjajangmyeon earlier. Do you want to take some home?” He asked with a small smile. “You always help out so diligently, view this as a small thanks.” Ara gratefully accepted it and bowed to her boss several times before leaving the shop.

 

The sun had long set – it was already 10pm. Gnawing her lower lip, she eyed the plastic, in which the box with Jjajangmyeon was. How long had it been since she last ate that? Not only that; with this she could probably brighten Hyejin's mood. Ara was sure that her little sister felt resentful because she couldn’t go to the party, that took place this evening. She needed something to have something make her happy. She could, at least, do that for Hyejin, since the latter already listened to her.

 

Ara hurried a bit to go home. She couldn’t wait to tell Hyejin that she had Jjajangmyeon. Once she stood in front of the flat's door, she immediately unlocked it. Trying to sound more cheerful for once – Hyejin always complained about her elder sister sounding so sad and stiff –, Ara called out, “Hyejin? I’ve got Jjajangmyeon, your favorite.” Opening the door, she peeked inside. She frowned when no once answered. She knew that her mother would come home in a few minutes, since he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter