Author's Note

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, this is the promised long Author Note with an analysis of the story itself and some characters, something like a "Behind The Scenes" of Touch of Fear and how it emerged (lol, makes it sound as if ToF was an MV or something), and just some random thoughts I can't help but share. By the way, I can feel the realization slowly dawning upon me. I'm starting to feel empty, guys. It feels so weird to finish a story you've been writing for more than half a year. And also, some don't seem to understand what I mean with “don't unsubscribe to get the notification for the A/N and Bonus Chapters …. well, those who did read my A/N in the last chapter won't miss the notifications.

 

Important news is that I just thought of something while drinking and taking a rest from the 5 hours I spent writing. A separate story filled with Touch of Fear extra. I'm quite sure that I will want to write Bonus Chapters in the future because I will be craving for my ToF feels. Apart from the Bonus Chapters about HunRa, KaiJin and maybe some of their childhood, there will be photos for some characters like Mrs. Park, Ara and Hyejin's mom, and further information, and just extra stuff while I recover from the weird feeling now that it's over. It's similar to what Parisa / Akacchiin did with her The Legends series. You see, I don't want to always update ToF when I get an idea for a Bonus Chapter, and there might be some who don't want to read Bonus Chapters, so a separate story makes more sense. I will put the one Bonus Chapter I already wrote there and as well as the Bonus. Who knows, other chapters might follow, haha.

 

Click here for the Extra.



Part One: Analysis


Touch of Fear is, in my opinion, a story that seems quite boring, simple and clichéd at first; and admittedly, the surface is actually like that. However, I, as the author, know that I put in more than just that. I think that once you start reading and get used to the slow pace, you will find it interesting and comprehensible. Not exciting or thrilling or extremely fluffy or funny or very surprising – just interesting and comprehensible. I think the interesting part comes from the thoughts – or messages, if you will – I spread throughout the story. Some are intentional, a few unintentional, some are directly explained, others indirectly and therefore require a bit of thinking to understand, but on the whole, I think, anyone who spares the story a thought or two will be able to grasp most of them.
I prefer to call them opinion and thought, though, rather than a message. I don't wish to force my thoughts into your minds and make my morals yours, so better not call them messages, haha.

One of the most important thoughts would have to be that life is not and won't ever be perfect. There will always be both pleasant and unpleasant things in life. And to move on in life, one has to accept that and live with it, instead of constantly seeking for the good. I have emphasized this A LOT in ToF, directly, so anyone who hasn't found that out must have either skipped some chapters or read very inattentively. I think, it is the most evident in Sehun's development when he finally accepted being the heir. When he realized, not everything can be the way he wants, and learned to make the best out of it. 
Sacrifices are part of life. It's a constant taking and giving, being given and losing something. 

Another one actually goes together with the first one I mentioned: the world is corrupted. No matter how much time passes, no matter how much you force people around you to be sincere and proper, there will always be people choosing the other way. In fact, the mere thought of a world free from corruption is so naive that I cringe at it. As I have explained in ToF, better accept the fact quickly and try to live your live according to your own principles. You can, if you want to, try to live your life with as little corruption as possible, but wanting to be completely clean is impossible. Being realistic and rational is important.

And another one, an unintentional one -- I didn't even notice it until a reader pointed it out -- is that suffering brings wisdom. In fact, I have really never intended to put this thought into it and directly I never did so, but as I saw it in a comment, I realized it's a thought that actually dominates most of my stories (oh, the irony). My characters develop once they face an obstacle, a problem, once they face suffering. They learn through mistakes. And althoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter