Magic of the Moment

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a weird silence between them after Sehun had said a few words. Maybe it was the realization, that this was actually happening – that the hug hadn't just been imagination –, that slowly dawned upon them. Bizarrely, though, none of the two questioned it. Questioned the other one's reason for behaving the way they were right now. For acting as if nothing happened. Maybe it was the magic of the moment that had both of them desire not think about the problems, not question anything, and just relish. Just for now, relish.

 

Sehun tried to get his act together. There wasn’t time to think about unnecessary things at the moment. They needed to get back, so slowly starting to move forward wouldn’t be bad.

 

“We should get going,” Sehun said, putting out his hand for Ara to grab it and stand up. Without to think, she first reached out. In all the surprise and overwhelming of her feelings, she had forgotten about the pain in her ankle. As she put up her one foot, she could feel pain zip through it, and immediately the leg gave in. Hadn't it been for Sehun's quick reaction as he reached for her waist, she would have fallen hard.

 

Ara glanced up at the male with wide eyes, as she realized she'd completely forgotten the pain, feeling his arm securely around her waist. The next second, she grimaced as another wave of pain shot through her leg.

 

“You're injured!” Sehun's voice was filled with worry and accusation. “Why didn’t you say so earlier?” He scolded as he kneed down. He didn’t mean to scold her, but he hadn't been able to prevent the words leaving his lips. It was the worry that caused the anger. “Where exactly?” At his question, Ara pointed at her ankle with an unsure expression at his sudden outburst. She hadn't intended on hiding it; she had just forgotten about it for a moment.

 

The girl could feel her expression, that had been filled with pain, change when her gaze fell upon the male's face as he carefully rolled up her leggins and held up his cellphone to shine on it as he eyed it precisely. That undefinable look in his eyes, it was present; mixed with sincere worry. Ara loved it, and she didn’t even know why.

 

At the sight of the red and swollen ankle, Sehun could feel his heart drop. It worried and angered him that Ara had to get hurt. At the same time, he just felt so bad that she was hurt. He didn’t want to see her in pain. He simply couldn’t.

 

Trying to be as careful and gentle as possible, he touched her skin a little above the swollen area, his finger brushing over the swollen part. A muffed sound could be heard and as he looked up and was met with the sight of Ara pressing her lips together in pain, his hand shot back and he automatically backed away a little. “I'm so sorry,” he mumbled, feeling guilty for having just caused her to be in more pain than she already was.

 

“It's okay,” Ara assured him as she saw the guilty look on his face.

 

“How did that happen?” Sehun asked as he continued to observe the injury.

 

Ara shifted slightly. “That Lee Byunghee pushed me,” she mumbled, feeling the anger boil inside her again. Her voice showed just how angry she was, and she didn’t even bother to hide it.

 

Sehun jerked up almost immediately upon hearing that, hands clenching into fists. “He – what?” He called out, absolutely furious, his eyes glowing with contempt and hate. There was this urge inside him. This urge to kill that bastard. How dare he!

 

“It's okay – no, it's not okay, of course – but for now we shouldn’t focus on that,” Ara replied, rubbing her forehead tiredly. “When I'm out of this forest, he's going to die,” she muttered under her breath. Although she hadn't intended for Sehun to hear it, he did so nonetheless and quickly, the anger inside him was replaced by a warm feeling. That's my Ara, he thought, a smirk tugging at his lips. Instead of fearing Lee Byunghee, she'd choose to face him with all her might; with all her fury. That was the strong girl he knew.

 

However, if it was up to Sehun, he'd prefer Ara not to face Lee Byunghee. Just in case the other male would do something, but since right now this wasn’t their biggest worry, he kept quiet about that.

 

“Yeah, we should focus of getting out of here,” he said, grabbing at his backpack, only to realize that he hadn't brought it with him, as he had run to the forest right after hearing what Lee Byunghee said. His backpack was still lying next to his half-built tent.

 

“Can you take out your tracker? I’ve left my backpack there,” he asked, and immediately after the question left his lips, he wondered why Ara hadn't already contacted the teachers with her tracker device. That question, however, was already answered as the girl lightly shook her head. “It's broken.”

 

And all of a sudden, Sehun felt dumb. Of course, she would have contacted them if it had worked. He could have figured out that much the moment Lee Byunghee stepped out of the forest alone. But in all his worry and panic, he had just dashed into the forest … You're so stupid, Sehun thought to himself, scolding himself for being so inattentive.

 

Ara noticed the look on his face and she could almost read what he was thinking. “It's okay, we'll find the way out, with or without tracker device,” she said, trying to sound optimistic, which was so unlike her. She wasn’t someone to cheer others up, but seeing Sehun like that, she couldn’t help it.

 

The male gave her a little smile, surprised by her attempt to cheer him up somehow. “Yeah.”

 

He looked around a bit and then pointed to his right. “I'm quite sure I came from that direction, so let's go that way first,” he said, squinting his eyes in an attempt to see more and maybe recognize where he walked past when he was looking for Ara. However, it was too dark to make out details, and he hadn't paid attention to the way in the first place as he'd been running in all his worry.

 

When Sehun crouched down in front of Ara, her eyes widened a little. “Get on,” he softly ordered, turning his head lightly to glance at her. The girl stared at him, slightly dumbfounded. “I-I can walk on my own. I only need you to support me,” she mumbled, waving her hands in front of her.

 

“Just get on,” Sehun repeated, sounding a tad impatient. As if he would let her walk around while her ankle was most-likely sprained. When there was no reaction, he took a deep breath and said with emphasis, “Ara.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter