The Answer

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Halfway through the corridor, Ara paused and turned around to walk back again. Just why did she run away? Damn that cat, she thought and flicked her tongue as she leaned against the wall next to the door which led to the schoolyard, ignoring the weird looks other students, who passed by, gave her.

 

After a few minutes she impatiently tapped against the wall. Admittedly, she was curious to know how the confession ended. Well, as much as she could be curious with the desire to break a certain neck in case the confession ended uglily.

 

Finally, the door opened and she immediately arched her neck to peek at who just entered. Already preparing for a crying Hyejin, she automatically took a step forward, only to be met with a pair cold eyes. Her face fell when she noticed that it was the same person who had been staring at her.

 

With a jolt she turned away and stepped aside. Just thenas  she heard the door open again, a voice, that was all too familiar to her, filled her ears, and she immediately turned around again. But instead of a crying face, she looked at a brightly smiling Hyejin. Her surprised gaze wandered across her sister's face to her shoulder and she almost choked on her saliva as she noticed the arm around her shoulder. Her eyes followed the arm and she ended up staring at Kai's face, taken aback.

 

“Eh,” Ara breathed out and her unconsciously raised her finger to point at the sight in front of her. Before she was able to say something though, Hyejin already bounced to her and grabbed her hand excitedly. “Unnie! He said yes!” Her sister softly squealed next to her ear, but Ara continued to stare at Kai blankly, still not taking in the news.

 

“Kyaaah! I'm so happy, Unnie,” Hyejin continued to half whisper, half squeal, before she let go of Ara's arm and bounced back to Kai. She mouthed something that Ara caught as 'I'll talk to you later' and happily grabbed Kai's hand. Waving at Ara, she left with her newly found boyfriend. The older girl cocked her head a while after Hyejin left. There was no neck to be broken. He said yes. Yes. To. Hyejin.

 

As the realization finally hit her, she stumbled back until she hit the wall, her eyes widened. “WHAT?!” Ara yelled, earning shocked faces from some of the students, which she ignored though with a flick of her tongue. What she didn’t see though was the small – no, tiny movement of Sehun's lips that indicated a smile.

 

“Hyejin, wait! This is a joke! It can't be!” She continued to yell while she ran after her sister and Kai, leaving some students behind, dumbfounded. Park Ara was seldom loud. Really. You'd only see her stare at you coldly or have her ignore you completely. But yelling? It was the first time she yelled in the public.

 

Sehun cocked his head lightly, watching the girl run and yell.

 

 

 

Gasping for air, Ara reached the end of the corridor. She narrowed her eyes. Where did her sister go to? But just as she wanted to continue seeking, the bell rang. Ara forced herself to calm down and go to class first. Finding her sister would probably only lead to her grabbing Kai's collar and urging him to answer if this was some kind of joke or bet. It wasn’t like she thought Hyejin wasn't desirable or something (no, her little sister was really sought after), but because she couldn’t believe that Kai agreed to go out with her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter