Jealousy

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It's really pretty, huh?” Sehun could hear the intern – Luhan – say. He could literally hear the smile on the other male's face from how content he sounded. Unconsciously, Sehun turned his head a bit and glanced at the intern and Ara. When he saw Ara's expression, he immediately regretted having ever looked at them.

 

The way the girl was glancing up at the intern with a flustered expression sent sparks across Sehun's whole system. Not prickling ones – no – scratching ones. Jealousy. It was the uncomfortable and ugly feeling of jealousy. Ara was giving the intern an expression Sehun wanted for himself. The adorable way her eyebrows scrunched up a little and her brown orbs avoided eye-contact in embarrassment was something he didn’t want others to see. Something he found to be too precious to share it with others. It was childish, he'd admit, but he couldn’t help it. Couldn’t help but feel the urge to walk over there and drag Ara away from the intern.

 

Almost as if fate wanted to mock him, the girl suddenly talked much more than before. She talked, sounding honestly interested in what the intern said, and gave longer replies. She talked more than she did usually.

 

At the scene, the jealousy inside of Sehun grew. He clearly remembered how the girl barely said more than one or two sentences to most people. He remembered being the only person Ara talked a lot with. He remembered feeling a little special because of that …

 

Feeling both childish and embarrassed with his thoughts, Sehun turned away a tad too aggressively, which caused Miyoung to give him a wondering look. He, however, ignored her, too lost in his feelings of jealousy, keeping his gaze straight and trying hard to refrain from glancing back.

 

However, he couldn’t avoid looking at Ara and the intern for all too long, when a certain figure from ahead got closer. Sehun narrowed his eyes at Lee Byunghee, whom he just walked past, as the other male seemed to deliberately slow down. What is he trying to do? Sehun thought, turning his face a bit and glancing at where Lee Byunghee disappeared to. Behind Ara and the intern, that is. The sight of the other male walking behind Ara worried Sehun a little, but when he wanted to turn around and walk to the boy to make sure he wouldn’t do anything stupid, his gaze fell upon Miyoung, who looked rather exhausted – Sehun still wondered why she went to this trip in the first place – and he was reminded of the responsibility over Miyoung he had.

 

Still, he slowed down a bit and kept glancing at where Lee Byunghee disappeared to. Just then, he could see a devious smirk spread on Lee Byunghee's lips. But before he could react as he saw the male raising his one foot a little, his ears already perceived the little gasp that escaped Ara.

 

Almost instinctively, Sehun completely turned around, ready to rush to her and catch her fall, but before his feet even had the time to move, he could already see the intern reach out casually and hold Ara by her waist. Sehun's gaze were glued upon the arm around Ara's waist, his eyes filled with such burning jealousy.

 

When his eyes wandered across the arm to Ara's face, it felt like another lighting filled with ugly jealousy zipped through him. The little smile that tugged at Ara's lips, together with the sincerely grateful look in her eyes would be enough for Sehun to simply lose it. If only he were the one it was meant for.

 

He hated how that intern, Luhan, was able to lure such an expression from Ara. Hated how the other male was actually able to make the girl smile a little, when he himself took god knows how long to do that.

 

His whole system was urging to slap away Luhan's arm. His whole system was u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter