The Realization

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school day dragged, and Ara didn’t even realize how it passed, as her whole being was still slowly taking in the fact that Sehun had gone abroad. One month, the teacher had said, to Germany. Ara couldn’t really believe it, not yet. It was simply too absurd. However, when the first break arrived, she looked for Kai, as if to receive confirmation that Sehun wasn’t going abroad, and she was met with the same news as what her teacher had told the class.

 

“Sehun hasn't said anything about going abroad in the past few days, so I guess it was an unexpected decision made by his father, Kai mumbled, half to himself, half to Ara. “I sent my driver to the Oh mansion. When he's back with more information, I'll look for you and tell you.” The girl nodded, pressing her lips together. Kai noticed the uncertainty in Ara's little actions. “Don't worry. Sehun isn’t someone to disappear without a word on his own free will,” he said reassuringly, reaching out to pat the girl's shoulder. “He would have contacted us if he could, so I'd say something happened to his phone. Most-likely, other options to contact any of us weren't possible as well … I just wonder how long it's going to take for him to inform either of us. That is, if he gets it done, because who knows what barriers his father created.”

 

As Kai rattled down all his thoughts and speculations casually, Ara found herself respecting him more than ever. There was just such faith in his voice and eyes regarding Sehun, that he didn’t even bother himself with unnecessary worries about his trust in Sehun and the latter's in his. Kai seemed to have taken in the news very well, and instead of wasting time on realizing it, he immediately made conclusions as to what happened, and even sent out his driver for further information. He had immediately assumed Sehun's unavailability to any contact possibilities, instead of blaming it on other things. He knew Sehun well. Very well, even.

 

Unlike me, Ara thought, gnawing on her lower lip. She then bade goodbye to Kai, even cracking him a little smile, before going back to her classroom. Even as class continued, Ara found it hard to pay attention and concentrate. She was thinking about the fact that Sehun wasn’t going to be here for a month. That he, right now, was somewhere in Germany doing something she had no clue of. It was … a tad weird, to say the least.

 

She then forced herself to at least listen to the teacher, and for a while she stopped thinking about Sehun. That is, until the second break began and Kai entered the classroom. Quickly, Ara made her way out of the classroom with the said male.

 

“What I said turns out to be almost completely right. His father's secretary spilled the beans – he's such a softie, even to my driver. Sehun's phone got blocked, and he received a new one, fit for his stay in Germany, and that phone only contains his father's number and the university he's attending there. I guess he doesn’t have Internet on it either, which prevented him from contacting me via email as well. Besides, I'm quite sure that if his father wants him to focus on his studies and not fool around, he would have blocked it anyway.” Kai shrugged his shoulders.

 

Ara frowned a bit. “But isn’t that a bit … too much? I mean wanting him to focus on his studies isn’t wrong, but …” she trailed off, crossing her arms before her chest. The male raised his eyebrows, answering, “His father is a quite consequent man, and he doesn’t back off from such little things. A stay in Germany isn’t that easy to get – that old man must have done quite a lot for that, contacts and the like – and now he wants Sehun to put in as much effort as possible. Quite obvious, if you ask me.”

 

Slightly dumbfounded, Ara listened to what Kai said; and even after he was finished, she remained quiet for a while before she mumbled, “You could be a detective or something.”

 

That lured out a chuckle from Kai's lips. “Maybe,” he shrugged. “But such things are easy for me to decipher. Anyways, gotta get going – the break is over.” He waved at Ara before he turned around and walked away. “If I get anything from him, I'll tell you. Same goes for you; I expect you to immediately contact me then,” he called out while walking away.

 

Ara nodded, although she knew that he couldn’t see that as he was back-facing her. She then took a few steps until her back leaned against the wall behind her. A sigh escaped her lips. “One month, huh?” She mumbled to herself. One month with him not being here and a period of unknown length without any news from him.

 

She could feel the bad feeling grow at the pit of her stomach.

 

 

 

However, despite the bad feeling, life continued. The increasing homework and tests had Ara concentrate on them, and thus distracting her a little bit from Sehun's absence and the non-existent news and contact from him. It, however, remained only a little bit. Soon one week passed, and the girl could see the effect of the said male's absence – or rather, she could feel it. It wasn’t just the week; she had already not seen him for the whole week before this one since he'd been sick. But the difference to last week was the fact that she knew he wasn’t going to turn up once he was healthy. It wasn’t going to take a mere week but a whole month. When he'd been sick, she had had the option of just going to his apartment and visit him, or call him. But it wasn’t that simple to go to Germany, and she didn’t have the number of his new phone.

 

It was a normal Monday morning when Ara sat down on her seat, turning her head a bit. Like the past few days already, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter