Supporting Each Other

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara awoke, dry and her eyes aching, as the first few sunrays shone through the small window in the little playground house. She moved a bit, thus realizing that her head was leaning against something. Something that wasn’t as hard and cold as the ground, from which her back felt sour. Opening her eyes irreducibly, she glanced to the side, and her eyes widened at the sight of those picturesque features.

 

Why is Sehun …? Before she could continue her thought, the faint memory in her head became clear in an instant. Her heart painfully contracted remembering what happened and how she ended up here. But as though she'd cried all her tears out the day before, her eyes remained dry today. With a dull expression, she looked around. It was very bright already, and the girl figured that school was probably starting soon. However, she didn’t care at the moment. School … was a thought that seemed so far away. Going there was like proceeding with your everyday life, as if nothing happened – and that would be a lie. A lot happened. Too much, even.

 

Within one day, Ara's only trusted person was taken away – no, within one second. It was unbelievable how quick one's world could crush. A simple blink of the eyelids, and everything could be gone.

 

A heavy sigh escaped Ara's lips, her eyelids dropping, and she unconsciously leaned more against the shoulder. Only when Sehun moved, she realized what she had done, and quickly sat up straighter. Having sat up, she noticed the jacket that she was wearing – or rather that was put on her. It was a grey cardigan with thick stitches and it kept her really warm.

 

Her eyes wandered from the jacket to Sehun, seeing that he was only wearing a chemise. Ara stopped at his face and stared at it longer. His masculine features looked a lot more child-like when he was sleeping, with his closed eyes and slightly parted lips. The sunlight reluctantly touched his porcelain skin, embracing it gently. He looked like a painting.

 

Ara reached out and touched the male's hand. As she'd expected, his skin felt really cold. Idiot, why did you give me your jacket? She thought, a scolding and yet touched smile spreading across her lips. Slipping out of the jacket, she continued to gaze at the guy. So, he had stayed with her the whole night? The girl's expression softened as she noticed how stiff his position looked. He had let her rest against his shoulder despite his own uncomfortable posture. That boy …

 

She placed the jacket over his chest and made sure to cover his hands as well. When her hand grasped his, she held it longer than necessary, attempting to warm up his fingers. All of a sudden, his hand twitched and his fingers wrapped around her small hand, but he remained asleep. The grip of his hand was strong, but it didn’t hurt. It was the kind of grip that seemed to say, Don't go.

 

Ara continued to stare at him, replaying the scenes of yesterday. He'd been constantly hugging her, not letting go once. Now that she thought about it, she didn’t even know when or how she fell asleep. But she was sure that she fell asleep before the male did, since in her memory of yesterday the warmth of his body never once left her.

 

Just as her eyes wandered to his face again, his eyelids fluttered open. With worried eyes, he stared into her brown orbs, and the girl could literally see his body tense up as he sat up straighter, the jacket falling off him. “Do you feel better?” He immediately asked. Swallowing the still slightly weird feeling inside her, Ara nodded weakly. “A bit.” She did feel better, but the emptiness was eating up her heart. At least, though, the pain subsided.

 

“We should get going,” Sehun mumbled and stood up. He immediately put out his hand for the girl to grab, knowing she still felt weak. Ara stared at the hand, wondering if she shouldn’t just stay here at the playground, but nonetheless she grabbed it and let him pull her up.

 

 

 

When Sehun brought her to her flat, Ara thanked him quietly before excusing herself for the rest of the day. Sehun didn’t even think about bringing up the fact that they had school, as the girl was definitely not in the mood and not in the state for such a thing. Seeing her rather unstable walk, he decided to follow her until she reached her flat. He even followed her inside, assessing that besides the two of them no one was at home.

 

Ara didn’t say anything, just headed straight to her room, and the male was left alone in the living room, feeling like this was a déjà-vu. All of a sudden, Sehun sneezed, thereupon wrinkling his nose. He unconsciously walked to the photos again and looked at them. His eyes quickly found the family photo again. Mrs. Park, he thought as he looked at the older woman in the photo.

 

A sigh slipped from his lips. I will take care of her, he silently promised the older woman. Or rather, I will try to. You should know the best that she's a really stubborn girl. He chuckled a bit. But even such a strong person has weak moments at times, and I will be there for her during those times.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter