Good Direction

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed as usually. Although there wasn’t the need to meet up in the library to work for the project anymore, as it was over now (their mark was very satisfactory), Sehun still accompanied Ara to her part-time job – that is, as much as his schedules allowed. His father forced him to go to one or two meetings per week, and he knew that although last time nothing serious happened, he had to be on alert. What still occupied his mind though, was how his father knew about his and Kai's secret place. Maybe his father knew more about his life than he expected. 

 

But even those worries didn’t reach his brain properly, as one thing in particular took up the biggest space in his mind and heart. Feelings. It wasn’t as if he neglected everything else though – by all means, no – but there was just this urge to have Ara near him. The urge to see her smile, to hear her talk, and to touch her. Whenever he walked her home – as of now, he'd bring her directly in front of her flat's door – he caught himself wanting to embrace her. But of course he didn’t, that wouldn’t happen. No. Sehun had never been someone who liked all too much physical contact and the sudden desire was throwing him off the track.

 

 

You're crazy, Sehun thought to himself as he entered the classroom and caught himself immediately looking for Ara. Within a second, his gaze had wandered to the said girl, and the corner of his lips twitched a bit, as their eyes met. Slowly, he sauntered to his seat and sat down, their gazes still locked with each other. “Hey.” Leaning against his chair-back, Sehun gave her a smile, which she returned with a twitch of her lips. But more didn’t they say during class – Sehun knew about his fangirls observation skills during class. And he figured that Ara would want to deal with those girls.

 

 

Everything had been normal the past few days, and somehow he didn’t intend to break the normality. He didn’t indicate anything regarding his feelings when he was with the girl, because a feeling inside him just told him not to.

 

Park Ara wasn’t someone you'd simply confess your love to. He knew she was focused on school and work. Besides, the girl didn’t act like any other female he'd ever encountered, thus making it impossible for him to figure out what she was thinking about him. He didn’t know what he was going to do for now; he'd just wait and see.

 

Also, Oh Sehun had never been someone to confess his love. Other than the blind dates Kai had always set up for him, he hadn't interacted with females all that often. Why would he? Just like everything else in life, they were easily manipulated by money and superficial things.

 

During all those boring double-dates, he'd learned that the only reason he was being sought after, was his money and looks. Maybe his reputation, maybe his image, too. Didn’t all females dream of wanting to melt an Ice Prince's heart? But Sehun didn’t need that, he didn’t want that.

 

He didn’t need anything that could be bought with money, would come just because his surname was 'Oh', was available because of his face. Too often did he encounter such things as a child. Competitions his parents sent him to were manipulated by money so that his father wouldn’t have to worry about his family's reputation. But the young boy only found out much late that all the years he'd thought he was actually talented and smart, were built onto money and lies.

 

Maybe that, too, contributed to his feelings for Ara. Maybe knowing she was someone who'd only love a person because of that person's true self, and not because of money, looks, image, reputation or something, made him want her even more. The man this girl would fall in love with in future, was really lucky. For he'd receive the purest and most genuine form of love.

 

One that came from the heart.

 

And not from the mind, that was craving for the money, or from the instincts, that were easily delighted at the physical appearance of a person.

 

Sehun caught himself thinking that he wanted to be that man.

 

 

Besides the bought first places at those competitions, there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter