In Love

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As though he was still in a trance, Sehun just looked at the girl for a long while, his gaze gentle. Having realized his love for her, was … he couldn’t exactly how it felt like. Was it a good thing, or not? He remained unknowing about that, but honestly, he didn’t feel the need to think about it further either. The fact that looking at the girl while the wind was tousling her hair lightly made him feel so at ease, was enough reason for him just to stay in his position.

 

That was, until Ara's eyes suddenly widened. “My part-time job!” She called out, immediately trying to stand up in instinct. However, that wasn’t a good idea, as she slipped on a roof tile and almost fell on her back, if not for Sehun's fast reflexes. The male immediately shot up and grabbed her wrist, strongly pulling her to with him, until his other arm wrapped around her waist.

 

The girl found herself being half hugged by Sehun, her face against his shoulder, and one of his arm around her waist. She unconsciously gulped at the sudden proximity and the sound of Sehun's breathing filled her ears. She could feel the movements of his chest as he breathed. “Be more careful,” he whispered next to her ear, his lips a few inches away from her hair.

 

A shiver went down Ara's spine and she involuntarily arched her back, causing her body to touch Sehun's, which sent electrifying sparks through her body. She didn’t know though, what kind of effect that had on the male. The said one felt absolutely unable to think clearly when he could feel her body against his. There was this strong urge just to wrap both of his arms around her and hug her tightly, but of course he wasn’t going to hug her out of the blue – no, his sanity was still there.

 

Unconsciously halting her breath, the girl nodded her head before she slowly stepped back. “Mhm,” she mumbled in response to him telling her to be more careful. Actually, Ara wasn’t careless, but the sudden thought of her part-time job had her almost jump up. Besides, she wasn’t used to standing on a roof top yet.

 

“Part-time job, you said?” Sehun asked, giving her a smile. To her, nothing changed about the way he behaved, but that was because she couldn’t hear his thoughts. It took the male much willpower to behave normally and not just pull Ara into a hug to tell her his feelings. Now, one part of him was feeling absolutely blissful with the realization of the feelings and just wanted to let them out, but the other part was doing everything suppress it first. He knew it'd be dumb to shock her with something like this. Ara probably wasn’t someone to take such a thing easily. The girl was rather hardened towards others.

 

Ara nodded her head and watched as he jumped into the window hole. When she stepped close enough to the window, she peeked through it and saw the male reaching out his hand. Her gaze wandered from his hand over his arm to his face. A smile was gracing his lips.

 

Grabbing it, she took another step and jumped down.

 

 

 

“Directly to the restaurant?” Sehun asked as he put his seat belt on. Doing the same as he was, Ara replied, “Home. I have to get my working clothes first.” The male nodded his head, asking her for her address before he quickly typed it into his GPS, and stepped on the gas. The car ride was quiet, not an uncomfortable silence though, but one both liked and didn’t want to interrupt. Ara looked out the window. Sehun had shown her his secret place. He shared the beautiful view with her, danced for her. Things, of which the girl knew, he hid from others. As far as the girl remembered, there had never been any rumors about Sehun or Kai dancing, and as the abandoned dance school was secluded, no one would really know what was going on.

 

Unconsciously, the girl began smiling. It felt great to know he was willing to share such things with her. At last, the girl broke the silence. “Sehun,” she called out his name. “Thanks … for showing me the place,” she mumbled, looking down as a slight blush crept onto her cheeks. “And for dancing. Thank you for sharing those with … me.” Thanking was still a tad hard for the girl, but still, she wanted to.

 

Although the male knew he wasn’t supposed to do that, he stole a side glance at the girl. Her weird way of thanking had become something he grew to be familiar with. He liked it very much, actually.

His own heartbeat became louder in his perception and he forced himself to quickly look at the street again. Damn it, he thought, am I going to continue feeling like a love-stricken idiot? But at least, he was still managing not to behave like that, too.

 

 

When they arrived, the male got out of the car first only to realize that he didn’t know how to get to the girl's house. Ara closed the door and quickly caught up with him. “Ah, you've never been here,” she mumbled, earning a nod from Sehun. He looked around the whole area, spotting many blockhouses and a few smaller houses, all tinted in a dull grey color, looking rather old. Whenever he followed her when she walked home from her part-time job, she'd tell him she reached her house when they entered a certain area. He'd never been to her home, didn't even know which building.  

 

He followed suit as she began walking. After two turns, they entered one of the buildings, and the girl stopped at the third level. “Do … you want to come in?” Ara asked, unsure. As there wasn’t much time until her shift would start, she just wanted to grab her clothes and go, but it would be rude just to let him stand here.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter