Sorry

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The lump in Ara's throat didn’t want to disappear, even as she left the library, now walking in the corridor The bitter taste still lingered on her tongue and she found it hard to focus. She looked up, feeling the cold wind hit her skin, once she got out of the building. As she spotted Sehun and Kai about thirty meters from her, the twisting in her chest became stronger. It was the sour feeling of regret.

 

Maybe … she had been too quick to judge him, but what he did was still not acceptable. Although she knew, Hyejin's naivety was a reason for what happened, she couldn’t help but feel protective. At the same time, she didn’t know everything in detail, but then also … Argh! Ara clenched a fist and stomped forward.

 

 

 

Kai, who stood two meters away from Sehun, turned his head and glanced at the other male. “You didn’t have to do this,” he mumbled. “Besides, you have something for that Ara girl, don’t you?” Wriggling his eyebrows, he gave Sehun a mocking smirk.

 

“Shut up,” the younger male growled in answer to Kai's assumption, making the other one chuckle. “I have to do this. Kai, as much as I hate you sometimes, I know how you really are. And no one, really no one should judge you,” Sehun finished, his voice getting softer. “Tch,” Kai chuckled and took a step, reaching out his arm. He strongly ruffled the younger one's hair, using so much pressure that Sehun had to bend. “You're an idiot.”

 

“Ah,” Kai muttered all of a sudden as his hand retreated, “here comes your princess.”

 

“What the–“ Sehun mumbled, but silenced when he was standing straight again. A few meters away stood Ara, eyes glancing to the side, nose wrinkled, while she was slowly walking – or rather stomping here. In the corner of his eye, he could see Kai sending a smirk his way before the latter walked away.

 

Now that she was standing here in front of him, he recalled what he just said to her. Hadn’t he been a bit harsh? But at the same time, it had been the truth – nothing more, nothing less. Still, he felt a bit weird having said that.

 

Unknowingly, his tongue had moistened his lips several times already, and he only came to realize it at the fifth time. Just as he wanted to say something, though, Ara spoke up, “Sorry.” It hadn't been louder than muttering; said in a rather unapologetic voice, but that's because Ara doesn’t have much emotion in her voice in general. She looked at the ground, to the side, everywhere but his face, her nose crinkled and her eyebrows knitted. Man, apologizing was sure hard for Park Ara.

 

Sehun took several seconds to realize what had just happened, but just as he wanted to say something, Ara sneaked a peek at him. Her face was still pointing towards the ground, her lips were pressed in a firm line. He almost chuckled at the sight, not even realizing that he was too late to react, as Ara continued with a louder voice, “Don't think that just 'cause I apologized means that I find what Kai did acceptable. I only apologized for judging him so quickly. That changes nothing regarding my view on what happened that night. And you know what? He should definitely do the same. At worst, I'll punch him unconscious and drag him to my sister – he will apologize.” The girl took a deep breath after rattling that down. Unlike when she apologized, she was now staring into Sehun's eyes. The determination in her brown orbs clearly evident.

 

Speechless. Sehun was speechless. How did that girl always manage to do it? Make him just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter