What?!

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After a few days Hyejin received her school uniform, and officially started going to the school her sister attended. Much to Ara's surprise, Hyejin was easily accepted by the students. But by no means was she jealous of her sister. No, she'd rather eat a broomstick than getting closer to her classmates than necessary. She disliked them, and they hated her. It was mutual hate.


Ever since Hyejin transferred, she secretly began to prick up her ears to see how the students thought of her little sister. It was actually the first time she ever voluntarily eavesdropped her classmates' gossip. And it wasn't after ten minutes of eavesdropping that she finally heard something about Hyejin. Since she was filtering out everything that didn't mention her sister in any way, she only caught some names, that told her nothing.

At random times Kai, Baekhyun and Sehun could be heard, but Ara didn't think about them further. Then finally, something regarding her sister. "Hey, you know that new student?" 

Ara pricked up her ears. "Yeah, and I heard she's that scholarship student's little sis!" 

"What?! But she's the total opposite! She's actually nice and cute." After that sentence the teacher entered the classroom and Ara turned away, having heard enough to know that the students quite liked Hye. When class was over, she left the classroom as fast as possible,  and walked into Hyejin.

"Oh, Unnie!" Her little sister called out. Ara only nodded her head before asking, "How was your second day?" 

Hyejin flashed her a bright smile. "Wonderful, Unnie!" Just then Ara could hear some murmuring behind her and she turned around. A few boys were pointing at her, mumbling. She frowned, but turned around to talk to Hye again.

"What? Hyejin is that Ice Princess' little sis?" One of the boys muttered as he watched the scene of Hyejin and Ara talk. It was unbelievable. The new girl, that cutie, couldn't possibly be related to the iest ice princess of the school. Okay, both were pretty, but Park Ara's bad attitude ruined everything. They would accept her being a commoner if she was as nice and cute as her sister. But no, she had that arrogant aura around her.

 

Ara pricked up her ears and caught what they said. She didn't care about what they said about her though. But still, she bade Hyejin goodbye and went back to her classroom. If her sister was liked, she wouldn't try to destroy her sister's good image with her bad reputation. Ara was okay being a loner. Heck, she even felt comfortable with it. But Hyejin? She disliked being alone. She really did. The loneliness and weird empty feeling, she couldn't stand it.
 

Ara found her seat and quickly sat down. Just as she took out small notebook to write down what she had to buy at the grocery store, a hand snatched the notebook from her. She looked up and annoyed sigh escaped her lips. It was none other than Lee Byunghee. The boy who had annoyed her since the day she transferred to this school. She made a mental note to tell Hyejin to avoid this guy.

 

“Your sister transferred, huh?” He said in a smeary voice. Ara didn’t look up, but a crease formed between her eyebrows. If it wasn’t for her notebook, she would have ignored him completely. But she needed that notebook, or she'd have to buy a new one. “I heard that she's really cute. Haha, so unlike you!” He grabbed Ara's chair, trying to pull it away, but she stomped her feet on the ground, making it harder for him. He snorted, realizing what she was doing. “How can such a y, sly like you have such a sweet sis?” He laughed loudly and leaned forward to grab Ara's face, since the latter wasn’t even looking at him.

 

As his fingers touched her skin, Ara slapped his hand away and looked at him coldly. “Don't touch me,” she said sharply before grabbing her notebook and putting it on the desk again. No matter what Byunghee said, she just ignored him and continued with her grocery list. She certainly did not have time to let herself get annoyed and pissed at what he said. His existence was nothing. Ara wondered how long it'd take him to realize that all his actions didn’t have any effect on her.

 

After a few minutes Byunghee seemed to have lost interest due to Ara's non-existent reaction. The rest of the day passed slowly. Ara went to a grocery store after her part-time job ended, bought the necessary utensils for Hyejin to cook, since she herself couldn’t cook well.

 

She opened the door and faced her little sister who looked at her with bright eyes. Hyejin was eager to tell something. Ara immediately saw it in her face. “Unnie!” Her sister called out excitedly. “I talked to Kai,” she half said, half squealed. Ara put the paper bag on the table and turned around. “Who's that?”

 

“What? Unnie, you don’t know him?!” Hyejin squeaked, immediately grabbing her sister's arm. “How can you? You've been going to this school for almost two years!” She said, completely unbelieving. Ara shrugged her shoulder and shook her sister's hand off. “Yeah, I don't know him. Hye, you know that I don’t show much interest in the people around me.”

 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter