Group Work, Remember?

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

And so they were paired up. Park Ara and Oh Sehun. The class was still shocked, especially the female students. Some of them approached Sehun admiringly. “Oppa, it's really selfless of you to choose Park Ara because no one would pair up with her, but you don’t have to do this.” Another girl nodded her head. “Choose whoever you want. We are willing to pair up with her, so you don’t have to.”

 

Sehun cocked his lightly, giving the girls a bland look. “I didn’t – ” he just started to say when the teacher interrupted him, “There won't be any changes regarding the group formations. You girls,” she pointed at the group of girls, “go back to your seats.” They pouted, but quickly retreated.

 

Meanwhile Ara's head still lay on the table, her eyes closed. Her thoughts were with the project. A defeated sigh escaped her lips. It isn't going to change anyway, right? Might as well learn to live with it, but she'd still prefer doing the project by herself like a thousand times. Actually, she'd prefer not participating in this project at all, since she was busy enough with her part-time job, studies and managing the household, but as she didn’t have any choice, she decided to accept it and think of a way to get things done as fast as possible.

 

The school day went past, and when the teacher dismissed the class, Ara immediately shot up, ready to leave, but was stopped by a hand that grabbed her shoulder. She sighed and turned around, giving Sehun a tired look. “What?” The male seemed to chuckle at the annoyed tone in her voice, but Ara could care less.

 

“Where are you going? We need to make a plan regarding the project,” he casually said.

 

Ara exhaled tiredly. “I'll look up the information and divide the parts,” she quickly said. “And tomorrow, I'll give you your part.” Just as she wanted to go though, his light grip on her shoulder tightened.

 

“We'll do it together,” he said in a low voice. “This is group work, remember?”

 

The girl pressed her lips into a firm line. “Fine.”

 

And so she listlessly followed him to the school's library. Without further ado, she went to the respective section of the library and quickly picked out a few books, which she quietly gave Sehun. Then she went to the computers and sat down.

 

Sehun put the books on the table and blew some air up, making his bangs flutter. “Tch. This is the same as her doing it alone …” he muttered as he watched her squint her eyes in concentration. Despite his annoyed tone there was this small spark of relief inside him. A few days he had seen her lie in the bed, deathly pale and weak, and seeing her work, even when she was giving a y attitude and doing all the work herself, somehow relieved him a bit. But Sehun had always been someone who thought of other people's health a lot, so that shouldn’t a surprise to him. It was just … it felt a bit different.

 

A soft sigh escaped his lips and he pulled one of the chairs back to sit down. He then took a pen and a notepad out of his bag and opened one of the books Ara had picked out earlier. Stealing one last glance at Ara, he shifted his eyes to the book and started reading.

 

In between, he looked up from the book and watched Ara as she scribbled on her notepad. Sehun found himself stopping to work and just watch Ara a few times already. He couldn’t explain why; it was just once he looked at her, he couldn’t look away. Watching her was, in a way, amusing. The way she always frowned made him want to smooth the crease between her eyebrows; her constant of her dry lips made him want to give her a bottle of water; her sighs made him want to ask what was up. Why was he so caught by this sight? He didn’t know. Running a hand through his hair, he decided not to look up again. And he really didn’t avert his gaze from the book even once afterwards.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter