Calm Before The Storm

Loving In Another Shoe

-KYUHYUN.규현-

 

“Yah, I’m tired. Hang up!” she yawns as her voice starts to get more distant.

 

“WAITTTT!” I’m not going to let her hang up on me that easily, “Where’s my goodnight kiss?”

 

With another yawn, she chuckles, “I threw it out the window. Night empty-head!” And she hangs up.

 

Seriously? Seriously?

 

Well she’s always been averse to giving goodnight kisses through the phone because she felt embarrassed.

 

‘How the hell am I supposed to give you a goodnight kiss over the phone you retarded empty-head!’ Yeah, obviously that was her reply when I begged for a goodnight kiss over the phone one and a half year ago, when she first left and went into hiding at some place that I’m not allowed to know.

 

‘Just give a peck to the phone then. I can hear you!’ Of course, my suggestion was welcomed with another ‘you erted empty-head’ of hers.

 

Eventually we just agreed on an ‘I love you’ or ‘I miss you’ instead for my goodnight kiss.

 

After she hangs up I scroll down my contacts on the phone and call Junho.

 

“What in the world is wrong with you it’s two in the morning dude! Go call your girlfriend!” An irritated Junho offers his kind greetings.

 

“Yeah I miss you too Junho.” He hums a response and adds another yawn to it.

 

“Junho, still not telling me where you guys are living at? Come on, I won’t tell anyone, I just need to see the devil’s face! Lover boy here misses her!” Come on Junho, tell me!

 

2 seconds passed and still no response. The guy probably went back to sleep again.

 

“JUNHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAKE UP AND ANSWER ME!!!” My scream pierces through the phone.

 

“Look you crazy lover-boy if you call me in the middle of the night again just to ask for the zillionth time on our location then so help me because I will really, seriously bring you to hell and let you see a true devil’s face!” And he hangs up on me just like Ha Young did.

 

Now I’m starting to wonder if it’s a law at their new place to hang up on everyone that calls them.

 

Ah I miss Ha Young. It’s been a year and half already!

========================================================================================================================

-HA YOUNG.하영-

 

“Lover boy called me last night to ask about our location again.” Junho spouts as he enters the house and finds me drying my hair with a towel at the living room.

 

“Yah I thought I locked the door! You better have a good excuse on why you used the spare key.” He’s lucky that I already have my clothes on after the shower or else there’s not going to be a sunrise for him tomorrow.

 

“Saving you from dying of famine.” The psycho holds up the breakfast he bought and brings it to the kitchen.

 

Well, I am hungry so I’ll let it slide this time.

 

“Psycho if you come into my house one more time without my permission I’ll seriously report you as a ert to the police!” I warn him while eyeing the hot kimchi pancakes he’s serving on a plate.

 

“You’re welcomed.” The psycho refers to the breakfast that he bought.

 

“Er, thank you?” Who cares, we have food on the table!

 

Somehow I think I’m becoming more and more like the idiots who feel like having conquered the world when there’s food in sight. Ah I miss the idiots.

 

“Yeah let’s eat at the front. I want to watch the TV” Junho brings all the food to the living room and sits on the couch.

 

Hating that my food gets taken away from me, I follow him and lands my bottom on the other end of the couch. I stuff my mouth with some pancake and sneers at the psycho who’s enjoying his show, “Go watch TV at your house, psycho! Why crash into my place...”

 

Junho snaps his head at me.  “Well, I would love to…IF somebody didn’t whine like a spoiled brat and forced me to transfer MY television to her house saying that she needs a TV in her house or else she’ll die! Oh yeah, SHE also said that I can come over and watch the TV anytime I want!” He turns his gaze back to the screen, shooting daggers with his eyes.

 

I triple knock my head and wonder how messed up my nerves must be to let my tongue slip because of the TV thing. Oh, well, let’s enjoy breakfast then!

 

“Oh yeah, ask your lover boy to stop calling me in the middle of the night! I would ask him to get a girlfriend but surprise! He already has one! If only his girlfriend would act like one…I can probably get my peaceful sleep at night.” There’s his usual morning rant, as a side dish to our breakfast.

 

Geez. The psycho made me sound like I’m such a horrible girlfriend. Except for the fact that I refuse to give him a goodnight kiss over the phone, and the fact that I haven’t seen him for a year; I have been an AWESOME girlfriend. Says me.

 

I ignore the psycho and continue to devour my breakfast. So, if you’re wondering, yes, the psycho still acts as my bodyguard. Sort of. The agency was not so pleasant with the idea that I’m staying in Jeju Island, instead of London where they initially planned. Somehow the psycho managed to persuade them. He assures that he will make sure no one knows any trace of Park Ha Young and will hide me until all the rumours about Kyuhyun’s injuries die down. That’s why he doesn’t want to risk telling even Kyuhyun our current location.

 

RING. RING. RING. It’s the psycho’s phone.

 

He mutes the TV volume, fishes out his phone from his pocket and answers the call.

 

“Yoboseyyo.” He greets with a slight tension on his face. I wonder who that is.

 

After a few minutes he hangs up. The TV volume is again.

 

“Who was that?” I asked, while Junho flips through the channels to find another interesting show to watch.

 

“My boss.” He puts on a serious face, while still flipping through the channels with the remote. Suddenly I get anxious. Then he cracks up a huge smile, “You don’t have to hide anymore! Our team confirmed that the rumours about Kyuhyun’s injury have been totally forgotten by the people!!!” He lets go of the television’s remote control and jumps on the couch like a true psycho.

 

I take a few seconds to register his words. I-I don’t have to hide anymore? I can go back to Seoul!

 

I jump on the couch and starts jumping and screaming with the psycho. “Woohoooo I can go back to Seoul! I can see that empty-head! I can go see Hae Rin! I can meet the idiots! Woooohoooooo!”

 

The psycho starts chanting too, “Yeah I can be free from you! I don’t need to be hit by you anymore! Woooohooooooo!”

 

“So can I call Kyuhyun now? I’m so excited to see him!” I get down from the couch and search for my phone. The psycho also comes down and turns his attention back to the breakfast and the TV.

 

I find my phone in the living room and joins the psycho in the living room again. The TV is now playing the ‘Happy Together’ show. Oh, the empty-head is the guest! Good job in flipping through channels psycho!

 

While glancing at times at the TV show, I scroll down the contacts on my phone and find the empty-head’s name. “So, Kyuhyun, you like HyunA don’t you?” MC Yoo Jae Suk puts up a question. I halt my movements and avert my eyes to the television screen.

 

“Empty head, you better not…”

 

“Who doesn’t? She’s pretty! And y too. She’s so popular now.” He answers with a sheepish smile.

 

I drop my phone and fume with anger. Junho notices the murderous aura in the room and turns to me with a horrified look. “H-Ha Young, c-cal-calm do..”

 

“THAT SICK STUPID ERTED USELESS RETARDED CONCEITED NARCISSTIC GOOD-FOR-NOTHING EMPTY-HEAD!!!” I scream to the television screen and you could probably see angry fumes coming out of my nostrils and ears.

 

The psycho quickly runs to the entrance of the kitchen and blocks it.

 

“You better let me pass through, psycho...” I seethe through clenched teeth, eager to send the empty-head to hell.

 

Junho puts both hands on my shoulder, trying to stop me. “V-violence isn’t everything, Ha Young! Calm down. If you send him to hell now he’ll probably meet another hot devil and flirt with her then!”

 

“Besides, you were so happy before that you can finally meet him!” Junho still tries to persuade in vain.

 

I turn and return to the living room. Junho breathes a sigh of relief, glad that he prevented another murder from happening.

 

He rejoins me on the couch.  “So, you’re okay now? When do you want to go back to Seoul?”

 

I turn my gaze back to the television and find the empty-head laughing along with HyunA in the show.

 

“I.NEVER.EVER.WANT.TO.MEET.THAT.ERTED.RETARDED.EMPTY.HEAD.EVER.AGAIN.IN.MY.HUMAN.LIFE.” I hiss.

 

Junho change, from being scared to entertained, and lets out a laugh. “Yah, before you were jumping and screaming because you can finally go back and meet lover boy. Now you just want to send him to hell! Ah I should record this!” He takes out his phone and starts opening the camera application.

 

I reach for my phone too and dial empty-head’s number. “You’re going to regret ever uttering those words on that show empty-head.”

 

“Honeyyyyyyyy!” His usual elated greetings chime through the phone.

 

“YAH YOU ERTED RETARDED DIABOLICAL GOOD-FOR-NOTHING EMPTY-HEAD! YOU BETTER LISTEN AND LISTEN CAREFULLY BECAUSE THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU’LL HEAR YOUR NOT-SO-PRETTY-NOT –SO-Y-NOT-SO-POPULAR-GIRLFRIEND’S VOICE! YOU CAN GO AND FIND ANOTHER PRETTY Y POPULAR GIRLFRIEND AND YEAH I HOPE YOU EAT WELL AND LIVE WELL WITH YOUR NEW Y GIRLFRIEND!”

 

Junho stares with a wide grin at the situation that he finds amusing and shakes his head, “You are so dead, Kyuhyun.”

 

=========================================================================================================================

A/N: I feel so bad because I haven't updated in a while. Really sorry :( BUT, I'm going to double update! Because I love my awesome readers so much :) , and also because I feel bad that I didn't update regularly :(
So I'll reply to the comments on the next update! Enjoy this okay! Love you peeps ;)

 

20130907