The Aftermath Fight

Loving In Another Shoe

-규 현.KYU HYUN-

 

Subtle, but still, I can hear voices – people talking among themselves. Those are familiar voices, very familiar.

 

 

I can’t see a thing. There’s no light reaching my eyes. It’s dark.

 

 

I try moving my body. Argh, my left arm hurts the most. And my whole body feels like it’s been hit by a train. Why am I in this excruciating pain?

 

 

Someone is sobbing. I can hear it, very close to my head. “Kyuhyun-ahh..” The sobbing woman calls my name. Is that, my mom?

 

 

I force myself to try and open my eyes.

 

 

“Hyung, look! He’s waking up!” I recognize that voice. It’s Ryeowook hyung’s.

 

 

“Go call the doctor!” Someone instructs.

 

 

Some members are also exclaiming shock, and some others are calling my name in excitement.

 

And finally, some light shines through my pupils. Argh, the shine is quite blinding to my eyes.

 

 

“Whoahhh.” The very first word that I could utter, while mesmerizing the view before me.

 

 

Well, almost all the members are gathering around me, it’s like they’re sandwiched with each other that I can’t even detect any space between them. Plus I can see my parents and my sister here too. Is it my birthday again? Why is everyone gathered here?

 

 

“Yah Kim Kyuhyun, you’re alive!!!” Of course,I can feel how excited Heechul hyung is to see his KIM Kyuhyun dongsaeng.

 

 

“Son!” My sobbing mom suddenly hugs me.

 

 

“Ouchh.” I cringe at the pain in my left arm.

 

 

“What’s the big occasion? Why’s everyone here? Wait, where are we actually?” I start to pop up questions.

 

 

And suddenly, the smiles on their face vanish, and replaced with a hint of worry. Their happy expressions, all turn gloomy.

 

 

I take a look at the whole place. Two couches at a corner, flower bouquets and fruit baskets arranged neatly against a wall. And the smell, the smell of medicines and disinfectants. It seems like I’m in… a HOSPITAL ROOM?

 

 

Then I look down on my clothes, and find myself in a hospital gown.

 

 

I can see an IV drip attached.

 

 

I take a glance at my aching left arm, and see it bandaged, hanging to my neck by a cloth.

 

 

“Wh.. What.. What happened? Why are we here? Why am I here?” My mind tries to find any memories that can correlate to this.

 

 

“Kyu yah, don’t you remember what happened?” Eeteuk hyung asks in worry.

 

 

“You were shot…” Donghae hyung exclaims.

 

 

Shot?

 

 

Then suddenly a train of memories come hitting my mind non-stop.

 

 

Do you trust me?

 

 

Flashes of events run through my head.

 

 

Keep running!

 

 

The sound of screams and gun shots. The heavy breathing sound of people running. The dark lit room where I was tied.

 

 

“Arghhhhhh!” My head hurts! Where are all these memories coming from?

 

 

DON’T YOU DARE LAY YOUR HANDS ON HER!

 

 

 I remember the taste of blood in my mouth after being punched. What happened?

 

 

We still need to get married for real, devil. Come on, get up.

 

 

The feel of my hands holding a gun. The crazy heartbeat of my nervous self. The immense pain after the bullet hit my arm. The tiredness of running with the little energy left.

 

 

Do you accept me as your wife?

 

 

The touch of another person’s hand, holding tight to mine while running away. But who?

 

 

You’re the most beautiful bride.

 

 

Whose hand was it?

 

 

Park Ha Young loves you.

 

 

The sight of a knife, stabbed onto her back!

 

 

I’m sorry.

 

 

“ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” I shout another scream out of the unstable emotions I’m feeling, and the shock at the memories running through my head.

 

 

“Kyuhyun ah! Are you okay? Relax, relax. Take a deep breath. Everything’s okay now.” Donghae hyung hurries to my side, cradles me and pats my back.

 

 

I remember everything. I remember it now.

 

 

My eyes are b with tears at the moment. Lee Hae Rin…

 

 

“Hyung, where is SHE?” I ask Donghae hyung.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Kyu yah. I’m sorry.” Donghae hyung’s eyes are also filled with tears.

 

 

“I need to see her, hyung! She was stabbed by that maniac! I NEED to see her!” I remove the blanket over my body, trying to get out of my bed.

 

 

The tears finally fall, rolling on my cheeks, not showing any sign of stopping.

 

 

“You can’t, Kyu yah. You can’t anymore. I’m sorry… I’m sorry. I’m sorry Kyuhyun ah. I’m sorry.” Finally Donghae hyung’s tears fall down his cheeks too.

 

 

With all the little energy I have, and the pain I’m going through, I force myself to get out of the bed. But Donghae hyung hugs me tight, not letting me go anywhere.

 

 

“You can’t, Kyu, you can’t..” Sobbing, Donghae hyung tightens his arms around me.

 

 

“Wh.. Why? Why can’t I? Why?!” I shout, still trying to break away from hyung’s arms in vain.

 

 

Some of the members already have tears rolling down their cheeks, some are covering their faces. Some members’ faces are red, trying hard to hold their tears from falling. Some just left the room while crying.

 

 

“What happened to her, hyung?”

 

======================================================================================================================

-해 린.HAE RIN-

 

All the members know the truth now. Including how much Kyuhyun loves Ha Young.

 

 

When they saw the other ‘me’, they were quite shocked themselves.

 

 

The sight of Ha Young in a pool of blood, with a deep stab wound on her back, and lying on the ground next to the shot Kyuhyun was one of the nightmares that I wished only happened in my dreams.

 

 

I almost fainted at the scene, seeing Ha Young like that.

 

 

The police and paramedics arrived very soon after we did. Thank God Junho was there. He already explained the situation to me.

 

 

He heard me saying about seeing the killer taking Ha Young in the villa, and immediately sets off the alarm to the other agents in the area. He went first with the other agents. It took some time for them to locate the killer, but luckily they were a bit faster than us. However, both of us weren’t fast enough to prevent what happened to Kyuhyun and Ha Young.

 

 

RING RING RING. Incoming call from the fish.

 

 

I wipe my tears, and clear my throat.

 

 

“Hi.”

 

 

“Hi.” Both of us are enveloped in sadness.

 

 

“Are you okay?” He asks in concern.

 

 

“Yeah. How’s Kyuhyun?” I ask.

 

 

“He just woke up. Finally.” Donghae sounds a bit relieved. They’ve been waiting for Kyuhyun to wake up for almost 48 hours now.

 

 

“Thank God he finally wakes up. Don’t leave his side okay, fish?” I’m relieved as well.

 

 

If anything happens to Kyuhyun, I’ll live the rest of my life blaming myself for what happened to him.

 

 

As for Ha Young…

 

 

“He’s asking for her.” Donghae breaks the news to me.

 

 

My heart beats faster.

 

 

“Just tell him the truth. We can’t hide it forever, no matter how much we want to.” Stutters in my voice. My tears are already forming again.

 

 

Ha Young-ah. Why’d you leave me?

 

 

“I..I’ll tell him that. Hm, where are you now?” He asks.

 

 

“In Ha Young’s room at my house. I’m looking at her picture. She’s much prettier than me you know; no matter how much we look alike. She looked so happy when we took this picture. If only…” And the tears start to fall.

 

 

“Hae Rin-ah.. It’s not your fault. I’m sure she doesn’t blame you either.” He tries to calm me.

 

 

“It’s okay Hae. I just want to be by myself for a while. I’ll see you around.”

 

 

“Arasso. Just call me if you need anything, I’ll be there for you Hae Rin-ah.” And we end our conversation like that, with tears still falling down my cheeks.

 

 

Junho-sshi didn’t let me ride on the ambulance taking Ha Young to the hospital, and everything was a mess back then that I didn’t even get to know which hospital they sent Ha Young to.

 

 

It was about a couple of hours after the incident that that I received a call from the director of the agency. I still remember it clearly, how he broke the devastating news to me on that day.

 

 

‘She’s gone. The doctors couldn’t do anything. There was too much haemorrhage and also a respiratory failure. I’m sorry Hae Rin-sshi, we’ve tried as hard as we can, but nothing else can be done.’

 

 

When I heard the news I almost collapsed.

 

 

I didn’t even get to take a proper look at her for the last time. I wanted to go to the funeral but couldn’t get in touch with the agency to know where they are holding it at. The agency is cruel. How could they not let me pay Ha Young my last respect? All I could do was cry alone in Ha Young’s room for the past 2 days. I couldn’t even bring myself to visit Kyuhyun, because I’m afraid I’ll break down at the sight of someone innocent who got hurt because of me.

 

 

I take a look around Ha Young’s room, replaying my memory of us gossiping and laughing like maniacs in this room.

 

 

Ha Young ah. I miss you already. So, so much.

 

========================================================================================================================

-준호.JUNHO-

 

“We can’t do this to them! It’s unfair!”

 

 

My supervisor widens his eyes in disbelief.

 

 

“You’ve been given your orders. You dare go against them?!” He grabs me by the collar.

 

 

“Sir, the killer has been shot, in fact, he’s dead! I killed him myself! Everything is over now. Why do we need to take her away from them? They’re like a family now! She doesn’t have anyone with her. Sir!” I stress the reality upon my supervisor.

 

 

My eyes are b with tears. But I’m an agent; I’m not that weak to let it fall down.

 

 

“Sir, please sir. You can’t take her away from them. She ALMOST DIED just for another person’s sake. You’re not this cruel, sir. Let me tell them the truth, so that they know she’s alive. We can’t take her away from them like this, sir. It’s cruel to her, and to them. Please, sir.” I literally beg him.

 

 

He slowly lets go of my collar and sits on his chair again.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Junho-ah. It’s not up to me to make that decision. If it were up to me, I’ll leave the girl alone and let her live her life without us interfering anymore. But the people at the higher positions are doing this for preventive measures.” He utters.

 

 

Then he continues.

 

 

“Super Junior is already well-known in Korea. One of their members is tragically involved in this. The media and the citizens are all aware of the case, and they’re not just going to sit still. If we let her be with them, the whole nation will know about what really happened, and it won’t take them long to dig all these kind of information. Either they will criticize the government for using an innocent girl to protect Korea’s economy status and let her be the bait to catch a psychotic murderer, or they can even blame the girl for trying to use this opportunity to get close to Super Junior and ultimately got one of their members to get hurt in this incident. Either way, it won’t be good for any side. Think about it, Junho-ah, if you care for the girl.” The tone of his voice shows the regret he holds.

 

 

I take look at the plane tickets in front of me, along with an envelope full of identification documents.

 

 

“It’s the only way to let her live peacefully, without anyone finding out about this. Then there won’t be any media, or citizens harassing her or trying to find out anything from her. You can continue to protect her there. Everything is provided for both of you. I trust you to continue protecting her.”

 

 

The supervisor looks at me, trying to convince me to take her away from here, although deep in his heart, he knows the best place for her to be is with them.

 

 

I want to strongly deny it. But I can’t either.

 

 

He’s right. Although taking her away will make her feel lonely and do no justice to any of them, but it’s the only way to protect her from the cruel media and unforgiving citizens who misunderstand easily.

 

 

“Sir, I’ll follow your orders. But I don’t guarantee that I will follow it FULLY. I’ll make sure that it’ll be the best for any party, so please trust me, sir.”

 

 

He nods, giving his permission reluctantly.

 

 

I march out of his office, taking along the flight tickets and the other documents.

 

 

After a 20-minutes’ drive; now I stand before one of the hospital rooms’ door. I’ve been here for almost a week. The name on the door represents the patient being treated inside. ‘Shin Eun Ae’

 

 

Her new identity, Shin Eun Ae, set by the agency to avoid the public from finding Park Ha Young, just in case they are able to find the information about her regarding Kyuhyun’s injuries.

 

 

I open the door, take a few strides and sit on the chair next to her bed.

 

 

She’s breathing, although on ventilation support. Her heart is beating, but she is still in coma. The doctor said that she’s stable, she’s able to hear and they’ve done everything they could. But everything is up to her now; she has got to find the will to wake up from her comatose state.

 

 

“Yah, did you know, Kyuhyun woke up!” I relay the news to her, hoping somehow she’ll wake up to the news. Her heart rate increases, I guess she really can hear me, but she’s not waking up yet.

 

 

I take a look at the news using my phone.

 

 

“Whoaa. Kyuhyun is getting really popular now. They even found out in details about the places he got injured. I guess it’ll be just a matter of time before someone leaks out about Lee Hae Rin and Park Ha Young. How am I supposed to protect you then? Maybe I really should take you away to London?” I talk to myself while scrolling the news.

 

 

 

Then I stare at the plane tickets. It’s supposed to be three days from now. If she’s still in coma, I’d have to request a proper transfer to another hospital in London.

 

 

Ergh. I really can’t make the decision. I know I promised the chief to take her away, but really, after seeing Ha Young again, I realize it isn’t my choice to make!

 

 

“Ha Young-sshi. I really, really need you to wake up, call me a psycho and then make a decision. Well, if you stay, there’re going to be people harassing you, Hae Rin-sshi, and Super Juniors once they know everything about the operation. And of course, they’ll probably go criticize the government and agency. But if I take you away, of course they can’t find you or harass you, and since they can’t find you, they’ll probably think everything is a rumour. Then everyone will slowly forget about this after some time. But the thing is, you guys would be suffering instead. Especially you, you’ll feel really lonely.” And here I go again talking to someone who doesn’t even bother to respond.

 

 

I know I‘ve picked up a lot of fight with this person, but I never said I hated her though. She sure knows how make people miss her.

 

 

“So, can you wake up and help me make a decision here? It’s your life after all.” I really hope she can hear me and somehow wake up from all my blabbering these past few days.

 

 

“Oh, one more thing: The chief told them that you’re dead to reduce the risk of anyone finding you. He’s doing that because the superiors ordered him to. I think that’s just plain cruel. You’re right here, breathing and have a beating heart. How can they say you’re dead, right?”

 

 

Just then, her fingers twitch.

 

 

I rub my eyes a few times.

 

 

Is it because I didn’t get a good sleep that I’m seeing things, or her fingers are really moving?

 

 

Right then, they twitch again.

 

 

“Ha Young, Ha Young-sshi! Wake up, please, wake up! Open your eyes!” I call out her name, begging her to find the will and wake up.

 

 

I press the button to call the doctor.

 

 

Finally, slowly, her eyes open. Finally.

 

 

The doctor and nurses finally arrive. I step outside to let them do their procedures.

 

 

Thank you God, thank you!

 

 

“You can see her now. She’s in a good condition, thank God.” The doctor allows me to come in after finishing the procedures.

 

 

I take light steps towards her. She greets me with a subtle smile on her white pale face. I take a sit on the chair.

 

 

“Kyuhyun..he’s alright, right?” Her first question freezes me.

 

 

Then she continues, with her weak voice. “I can’t fully remember your blabbering, but I know you said he woke up.”

 

 

“So you really heard me?” Wow, how much of my blabbering did she hear?

 

 

“I can’t stand your blabbering, that’s why I had to wake up so that you’ll finally stop.” Okay, if she can joke like this after getting out of coma, then she’s totally fine!

 

 

“You’re really back!” I’m just glad that she’s okay.

 

 

“Well, I’m glad Kyuhyun is okay too. What really happened? Where is he?”

 

 

“Yah! Don’t you want to know your own body condition first? And do you know how chaotic the citizens and the media are now?” Of course, a little bit more blabbering wouldn’t do more harm.

 

 

Now is the time to finally tell her everything. I fill her in with the accounts of that day, and what is going on these few days that she’s been ‘asleep’. I also let her know of the current situation: the media, the citizens, and the agency.

 

 

And I let her make the decision.

 

 

“So they think I’m gone?” She wants to confirm.

 

 

“Yes, unfortunately.” I answer with some guilt.

 

 

“Aish. I just woke up, and find out that I’m ‘dead’?” Complaining as soon as being awake from coma, yes, I guess that’s her specialty.

 

 

“So what do you want to do now?”

======================================================================================================================

-하 영.HA YOUNG-

 

Argh. My throat still hurts from the intubation and my chest and back are literally killing me.

 

 

And here goes the psycho telling me that the whole world is a chaos after the incident that day. Obviously, he loves over-reacting.

 

 

Why am I being calm, you ask?

 

 

I’m calm, because the maniac killer is gone, and everyone else is safe. Especially Kyuhyun.

 

 

Do you want to get married? To me? Now?

 

 

I can’t help but smile. I can’t believe we survived hell. And managed to get ‘married’ while doing so.

 

 

I made a promise: to tell him about the real me.

 

 

I’m not going to run away. But I don’t want to cause them harm too. What should I do now?

 

 

“Psycho, I’m not going to play the noble idiot who disappears just to ‘save’ the ones I care about. That’s not how I believe it would work. I’m pretty sure Hae Rin will be blaming herself for my ‘death’. And the other guys will feel bad too. I can’t let that happen, they can’t live like that for the whole life. And I also made a promise to Kyuhyun.”

 

 

The psycho listens attentively.

 

 

“People are going to forget about this, if they can’t find me. I’d have to hide myself somewhere for a period of time. BUT, I don’t want Hae Rin and Super Junior to think I’m dead. I know they’ll feel bad about it, and I don’t want that. We have to tell them about me. And above all, I really, really don’t want to be forever separated from them. I want to be with them again. I really feel like I have a family now, with them, Junho-yah.”

 

 

Okay, too many talking for someone who just woke up from coma! Hmm.

 

 

Well, I know I may sound greedy about all this. But as long as I am able to, I’m going to do whatever I can so that both sides can be happy. Trust me; a near-death experience makes you cherish every little thing you have in your life.

 

 

“Kyahhh. Why didn’t I think of this plan earlier?” The psycho smiles. He takes out his phone and dials a number.

 

 

“Yoboseyo. Hae Rins-sshi? It’s Junho.”

 

=========================================================================================================================

A/N: The story is nearing it's end, but why do I keep want to make it longer and longer? Maybe because I just don't want to end :(

But that's not how it's supposed to be, right? I'm sure all of you wants to know the ending :)

I don't know how to evaluate myself for this chapter. I rewrite it so many times, that I give up on counting how many. Really.

I apologize if this isn't up to your expectations, but still, I hope you'll love it and enjoy the update :)

Anyway thanks a million! And do leave a word or two, so that I know you guys are reading. Thank you, and love you awesome readers so much!

 

kaylalukman: She didn't die! :) Thank you for loving this, and for cheering on me! Keep the love coming!

 

asian_star: I couldn't let her die :) How's the update?

 

crazylover2512: Whoaa, glad you love the update that much! Haha, well, all of us wants to get married to Kyu. Thank you for the wish for my finals, and hope you enjoy the update! Tell me more about your thoughts okay!

 

cutie2512 : I hope you do well in your finals too! Well, I'm a bit late, sorry :( Thanks for the wish for my exam, and here's the update! Do continue to love it! Looking forward to hear what you think of the update :)