It Takes Two Idiots To Help Two Idiots In Love.

Loving In Another Shoe

-동해.DONG HAE-

TING!!!

Oh yes people, that’s the sound you’ve been dying for!

Yeah, you guessed it right. Finally, it’s done!

My reheated pizza! It’s finally done, reheated in the microwave. Gosh, it’s been a dreadful 60 seconds for me to wait for it to be reheated while I stare at the piece of pizza, rotating in the microwave.

I take it out, and without much thought, the pizza makes its way into my mouth.

1.

2.

3.

“HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!”

Argh! I think I just burnt my tongue, and my throat! And everything else that’s attached to my mouth!

Then Hyuk passes by me in the kitchen.

“WATER! Get me some W-A-T-E-R!” I shouted to him while half of the hot pizza is still in my mouth.

Hyuk looks surprised. He quickly gets a glass of water and run towards me.

Thank you my saviour! All hail the monkey!

I’m saved…

SPLASHHHH!

Not…

Damn you monkey!

I spit out the remaining pizza in my mouth into the sink.

“YAH YOU DAMN MONKEY! WHY THE HELL DID YOU SPLASH WATER ON ME?!!!”

I scream while holding a broom in my hand.

“YAH! YOU SAID YOU NEEDED WATER, SO I GAVE YOU SOME! HAHA!” He replied while sticking his tongue out.

“You monkey!!!” I threw the broom at him , hoping it’ll land on his monkey head.

The monkey ducked.

PANG.

Uh-oh…

“Who in this dorm has given up hope to live and dare to throw a broom at my face!” Kangin hyung shouted angrily.

Damn you monkey.

Why did you have to duck and make the broom hit Kangin hyung’s face?

Kangin hyung starts to eye his prey.

“Honey, 1..2..3! RUN!!!” I shouted to Hyuk while grabbing Hyuk’s wrist.

We grab the car key on our way out of the door.

“LEE DONGHAE! LEE HYUKJAE!!!!” Kangin hyung’s voice echoes throughout the dorm.

Running.

Running.

Reach the car. Start the engine. Drive!

Yeah, Kangin hyung is THAT mad that we have to drive away from the dorm. Simply hiding in the dorm is never safe enough.

“Phewww. We’re safe!” Hyuk finally muttered after keeping silent for a while.

“Yah, why’d you duck? The broom was supposed to hit you!” I shouted while driving.

“You’re the one who threw it in the first place!” He retaliated.

“You splashed water on me!”

“You’re the one who asked for it! Literally!”

Well, he does have a point there.

So, where are we going now? The other members just got back from the gym and are resting. Kyu isn’t home yet. Eeteuk hyung said he had to send Hae Rin home first.

Yeah, I know! We were surprised too to know she was at the gym!

Park Ha Young.

Oh well, we’ll get to meet her again soon.

Speaking of Kyu…oh, shoots!

I suddenly make a u-turn.

“Yah! I really need to live for another few years before I can die! Drive carefully, fish!” Hyuk exclaimed.

“Monkey, I’m trying to  make the both of able to live here. We forgot about Kyu’s game controller!” I reminded him.

Hyuk’s face contorted in horror. Yeah, that’s the kind of horror you get when you mess with Kyu’s stuff.

I drive as fast as I could to the game store where I left the game controller.

“Hyuk, go get the game controller. Here’s the receipt. Give me a call when you’re done.” I ordered.

Hey, it’s not every day you see a fish being serious. My life is on the line here people!

After a couple of rounds near the block, I pick Hyuk up at the game store.

Now, let’s just hope we’ll make it home before Kyu gets there first.

“Hyukie ah, just in case we don’t make it, I want you to know that I love you and your feet stinks like hell!” I press on the pedal.

And obviously, Hyuk hit my head with his hand.

“Yah, I’m driving here!” I shouted.

=====================================================================================

-해린.HAE RIN-

That’s it!

I finally know how to get Ha Young and Kyu to realize their feelings for each other!

Come on people, you know what it is…

I’ll give you a clue. It starts with the letter ‘J’.

Yeah, you know what I’m talking about!

JEALOUSY.

Now, to make a more detailed plan. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wait. That’s an evil laugh.

I’m not doing something evil here, it’s for the two of them.

Oh well, let’s get started.

But first, let’s change and hide these cuts and bruises from Ha Young. She would be home any minute now.

=====================================================================================

-하영.HA YOUNG-

“I’m home.” I said softly.

After dropping me off, the empty-head just drives away without a word.

Hey, I should be considering myself lucky, right?

He is not attacking me with his deadly words today. Yeah, I’m lucky today!

I am! Right…?

Smack.

Yeah, I deserve that on my head.

Why am I feeling down because he didn’t talk to me today?

Stupid heart. Why are you feeling like this today? You have some sort of disease or what?

I peek into Hae Rin’s room.

She’s not in her room, but I can hear water running in the bathroom.

“Er, Hae Rin ah, I’m home. But I’m a little tired. Is it okay if I rest for a while?” I said from outside the bathroom.

“Yeah, no problem.” She replied.

I make my way to my room and land my body on the bed.

I feel so tired. All my energy is gone. And it’s only in the afternoon! I used up all my energy for half a day already.

Soo Young’s funeral, the lost cube candy, the gym, and then, the empty head not talking to me.

Urgh, why I care about the empty head anyway?

But still, why can’t I stop thinking about him?

Smack.

I smack my head hard, and I don’t even know why tears fall down my cheeks right after that.

All I know is I fell asleep a few seconds later.

=====================================================================================

-규현.KYU HYUN-

Finally, I reach the dorm.

At the same time, Donghae hyung and Hyuk hyung seems to be running out from their car.

“Hi hyungs!” I greeted.

They look shocked, as if they’re seeing a ghost appearing in front of them.

I didn’t get to say anything, because the next thing I know, both of them start to run to the elevator and close the door before I can even get in.

These hyungs I tell you, are really weird.

After a couple of minutes finally I get to ride the elevator.

I open the door to the dorm, and…

“Kyu honey!!! Where have you been? I miss you so much dear!” A voice greeted me.

“Er, Donghae hyung, we just met downstairs, a few minutes ago?” I replied.

“Noo, I didn’t see you there. Did we, Hyukjae ah?” Donghae hyung said.

“Nope, don’t think so.” And of course, Hyuk hyung agrees to everything that the love of his life said.

“Right. Whatever. I’m tired. Good night hyungs.” I make my way to my room.

“Night? It’s still noon, Kyu ah!” I can hear Yesung hyung’s voice from a distance.

=====================================================================================

-동해.DONG HAE-

Phewhh!

High-five, Hyuk!

We managed to get to the dorm with the game controller before the magnae does. The evil magnae didn’t even go check his games and instead went to rest at his room.

Hyuk and I breathe a sigh of relief. We were THIS close to getting killed by a magnae!

But, why does he look like something is bothering him?

What happened anyway?

Right! It must have involved Park Ha Young!

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Uh, it’s my phone. Hae Rin is calling! Yep, I’m sure. This is another number from the duplicated phone Ha Young and she are using.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hae ah!” I grin at the sound of her voice. How can I miss her already!

“What’s up?” I avoid saying her name, afraid that the others might notice.

“Listen, I just thought of a plan. Maybe it’ll work.” She caught my interest.

“So, tell me about it!” Now I’m excited.

“Here’s how…”

=====================================================================================

-하영.HA YOUNG-

Well, a few days passed since the funeral.

I haven’t been going to Super Junior’s dorm for a few days already. Hae Rin said their schedules are getting hectic these few days, since they have to film a CF.

Yeah, you can call it heaven again people.

No tortures, no Super Juniors. No empty head.

Especially, no empty head.

Shoot me for saying this, but why do I feel like I miss him.

Wait, wait. Don’t get me wrong here! I just miss trying to kill him. That’s all!

Er, right?

The cube candy. Ergh, I wish I have it right now. At least it can me calm or some sort.

Where the hell did you go, little candy?

Did you get lost or something?

Sigh.

Knock knock.

“Ha Young ah, can I come in?” Hae Rin peeks at the door.

I nod.

“Ha Young ah, I need to ask you a favour.” She takes her seat on the bed, facing me.

“Sure, what is it? After what you’ve done to let me go to my friend’s funeral, anything for you.” I replied.

=====================================================================================

-해린.HAE RIN-

“You see, I really, really miss the guys. Especially the stinky fish.” I started.

I have to make it look like I’m really desperate.

Then I continue.

“Remember that you went to the funeral, and I was supposed to go visit the guys at their dorm? But it turns out that the guys had to go to the gym, so I had to stay home. And you told me that Kyuhyun brought you to the gym instead. I kind of really want to see the guys.”

Okay, Ha Young looks like she’s buying it. Well, partly of what I said is true you know. Except for the part that I said I stayed home, when instead it was a long journey to meeting the killer and Hae and Hyuk.

Ha Young keeps quiet, allowing me to continue my sentence.

“So I was wondering, is it okay, that we exchange places back, just one time, so I can meet the guys? Please? Please? Pretty, pretty please?” I  plead like a small girl.

Ha Young seems to be thinking very deeply.

“Hae Rin ah, I really want to help you. But it’s really, really dangerous for you out there. You don’t know when and where the killer might just attack you.” Ha Young said.

Really, Ha Young ah, you don’t know what I’ve gone through with that damn psychotic erted killer. If you knew I managed to keep myself alive you wouldn’t be that worried for me.

“Please, Ha Young ah…” I continue to plead.

It’s all part of the plan people. You’ll understand it well later. I have no time to explain now, I need to be focusing on getting Ha Young to agree with me.

“I’m really sorry, Hae Rin ah. But I cannot bear the risk of you of getting murdered or even getting injured.” She speaks softly.

Oh yeah, Ha Young isn’t able to see the cuts and bruises because I managed to hide it well with long-sleeved shirts, scarves or turtleneck shirts.

Genius aren’t I? Grin.

“Please?..” I try again once more.

“It’s too dangerous. I’m sorry.” Ha Young sticks with her decision.

Well, good thing I have a backup plan for that.

I close my eyes and try to force tears out. I alter my facial expression to make it look crushingly sad.

And tadaa..you get the pity look on my face!

HAHA. Genius.

With that sad face and teary eyes, I said,

“Hm, it’s okay then. Maybe another time. I’ll just, sit in this house quietly.”

Then I start to pace away from her, slowly.

Let’s start the countdown shall we?

3.

2.

1.

“Look, Hae Rin ah!” Ha Young calls me when I reach the door.

Ah-ha! Told you it’ll work!

“Yes?” I turn to her, still teary-eyed.

“Okay, I’m sorry. But if you really want to meet them, I guess we can exchange for once. Just, once, okay?” She finally agreed!

Yahoo! Now I can carry on with the plan.

“Thank you!” I hug her tightly.

I go back to my room and send a text message to Hae to inform him about it.

After the weekend, I can finally go visit the guys in the evening.

I drive my own car to the dorm while Junho, Ha Young’s bodyguard just tails from behind in another car.

The guy doesn’t know I’m the real Hae Rin. Ha Young said not to tell him, because he’ll definitely not allow it.

As soon as I reach the dorm, Hae has been waiting in the living room, while reading the newspapers.

He smiles at me and gives a signal that we can execute the plan.

“Hey everyone, short legs is here! With food for dinner!” He screamed.

Aisy, this stinky fish just can’t stop calling me short legs, can he?

“Yah! No food for you if you keep calling me that!” I threaten him.

God, I miss this dorm so, so much!

“Hae Rin ah! What food did you bring?! I’m starving that I can eat the television now!” Shindong comes running to the kitchen.

“Yah! Don’t take everything, leave some for me!” Hyuk shouted.

“ Me too!”

Boy, did the manager forget to feed these dorks or what?

Oh well, I would shout that I miss them so damn much but then they’ll feel it weird, so I just keep it to myself.

As these dorks are busy killing each other to get their part of the food, I spot Kyuhyun playing his games. Of course.

Hae told me that since Kyu got back from sending home Ha Young, or ‘Hae Rin’ from the gym, he’s been acting weird. He looks like he’s always agitated in what he does. And now, he doesn’t even care about the food?

Hey, this is good food you know!

Well, it must be something related to Ha Young, that’s what the fish said. And I guess it’s true. Ha Young has also been acting strange these few days.

Now, let’s start the plan.

Everybody finds their own place to sit, some sit at the living room, some at the kitchen, some in their own room. Kyuhyun is still playing computer games in the living room, while Hae and I sit on the couch and watch the television.

The plan is : Make Kyuhyun jealous of Hae Rin and Hae.

Well, actually we’re trying to make him jealous of Ha Young and Hae, but since Ha Young will find it weird that the fish suddenly gets close to her, that’s why I had to exchange places back with her.

And of course, I would be the one who’s jealous if Ha Young was the one who were close to Hae, instead of me.

Yes people, I do like the fish, more than just a friend. I don’t know about the fish, maybe he likes me too? From what I’ve heard from Ha Young, there’s a big possibility of that happening.

So it’s a two-in-one. We get to make Kyuhyun jealous and realize that he likes Ha Young while I get to be closer with the fish.

We are watching a horror movie, and I didn’t even realize that I seat so close to Hae until I can hear his breath.

Yes, a horror movie. The traditional way of couples to get close. I know, I know, cheesy aren’t I?

Okay, now I know I don’t need to act like I’m in love with him in front of Kyuhyun, because I really am. Kyuhyun will definitely be jealous like crazy.

When the ghost comes out and kills the characters, it is just too gruesome for me to watch that I close my eyes and look down. Suddenly I feel Hae’s hand bringing me closer to his chest, like he’s hugging me from the side.

My heartbeat suddenly rises. I really do miss him.

And here I admit that I really, really like him. You can kill me all you want fans, but I’ve been with this guys for how long already. I don’t want to lose him.

I just rest my head on his chest, cherishing every moment. It’s just this one time that I get to exchange places with Ha Young.

“Ehm.”

Uh, right, I forgot about Kyuhyun. Of course, our original plan is to make him jealous.

“Don’t you have other movies to watch, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Why? You’re not watching the television are you?” Hae asked back. That certainly made Kyuhyun agitated.

“Whatever.” He shuts down the computer can goes to his room.

PANG!

You can hear the sound of his bedroom door being closed loudly.

Hae and I smile at each other.

Oh yeah, that’s the sound of success! That game-addict is definitely jealous! And we didn’t even do much, Hae just cuddled me while watching a horror movie! That wasn’t so hard huh?

Er, okay, now what do we do?

No one is in the living room. And from the snores that I hear, the members are asleep after having dinner. What time is it already?

Almost 9?

It’s only 9! Why are you guys asleep already?!

I guess they have a very early schedule tomorrow. Or they just ate too much dinner.

Well, suddenly it feels awkward with just the two of us. The movie has ended. But I don’t want to go home yet!

“Yah fishie, I think the fish is already jealous.” I whispered to Hae.

=====================================================================================

-동해.DONG HAE-

“Yeah, I know, he must really like Ha Young.” I answered Hae Rin.

“Shh, don’t say her name here, someone might hear you.”

Well, I doubt it. Judging from the snores that are filling the air in the dorm, I am positively sure everyone is asleep. I’m sure Kyuhyun is sleeping too since he’ll be too frustrated to see this Hae Rin being so close to me.

Our plan worked!

I get off from the couch and check each room. Yep, all are already in dreamland. Probably because the show we did in the day was too tiring, plus we have an early schedule tomorrow.

“Hae Rin ah, I’m sorry that all of them are already asleep this early. I guess everyone is pretty tired. You should go back now, it’s dangerous if you stay too long.” Although I really want to be with her now, but it’s really risky, since the killer might still be lurking around somewhere here. And it’s already dark outside.

She looks reluctant to leave. Heck, me too!

Nonetheless, she grabs her jacket and handbag, signalling she’s going home now.

“Well, see you next time then.” She said.

Damn it, why do I feel so sad?

Of course! Who knows when I can see her again!

I watch slowly as she puts on her jacket and walk to the door.

Why was I so blind before? Did I not see her in front of me all this time?

She’s certainly not just a friend. She’s more than that to me.

Okay, I sound really cheesy that you guys might want to puke now, but try being in my shoes for a while.

Even a fish knows how to love someone, unlike that  game-addict magnae who can’t realize his own feelings.

I grab her arm before she could put her shoes on, and the next thing I know, I’m already hugging her. Tightly.

“Hae?” She called my name in confusion.

“If you like me then hug me back.” I said.

“Of course I do, you’re my best friend!” She replied.

“Lee Hae Rin, you know what I mean.” I said, implying that she likes me as more than a friend.

I wait, and wait. But she doesn’t hug back. She just stands still.

I release her slowly. Okay, I guess it’s one-sided love then.

“Sorry.” That’s all I can say.

I turn around, not being able to face her. I feel crushed.

SMACK!

What the…

Of course, her left shoe just landed on my head.

“Ouch!” That hurts.

“You’re an idiot! An idiotic, stinky fish!” She said while tearing.

Wait, first she throws her shoe at me, now she’s crying? What is wrong with this short legs!

“Hugging is what friends normally do you idiot.” She continued.

Huh?

She comes closer and beats me up with her right shoe.

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!

I grab both her hands while she’s busy hitting me with her shoe.

“What is wrong with you? You’re that angry because I like you? Fine, I won’t confess another word to you anymore. You think I’m being all silly-like, that I can’t like you more than just as a friend?” I said while holding both her hands.

“Stupid.” That’s all she can say?

“Apparently, I am a stupid fish for falling in love with someone with short legs. As if that’s not enough, it’s a one-sided love and I get hit with shoes many times.”

Yes, you can’t imagine how crushed I am. I thought she likes me too!

“Shut up. I love you.” And she finally said.

What is wrong with her?

“Why did you just stand still when I hugged you? Why didn’t you hug me back?” I asked.

“Hugging is what friends always do. I said that right?” She said.

=====================================================================================

-해린.HAE RIN-

As soon as I finish my sentence, the fish pulls me closer.

The next thing I knew, his lips are on top of mine.

Takes you that long to get what I mean, stinky fish.

But my mouth was frozen. I can feel him pushing his lips gently on me but I’m just too surprised.

He pulls away. Looks at me in the eye for a while and said,

“I love you.”

Then his lips found themselves on mine, again.

This time I didn’t just stand there like an idiot.

I kiss him back.

He parts his mouth slightly, and so did I. I didn’t know kissing him would be this nice. And his hands are on my waist, never seeming like he’ll let go.

I grab the back of his neck, holding tight to him, never wanting to let go.

Both of us part away to gasp for some air. Kissing him made me forget to breath.

“When did you realize you love me?” I asked.

Instead of answering, he crushes his lips on top of mine again.

I would be happy even if I die now. I’ll have no regrets.

I hug him tighter.

Suddenly I hear someone coughing.

Our lips parted from each other upon hearing that, and we turn to the direction of the sound.

Both of us can see Kyuhyun walking back to his room.

=====================================================================================

A/N: So, is it too long? Too short? Or too boring? I’m anxious. It’s been long since I wrote, and I just don’t think I can write better.

But I’ll try. Coz I wanna finish the story. HAHA. Even I am anxious to see how it ends.

And thank you so much for those who are still reading. And also to the new subscribers! Welcome!

I love all my readers!

Thank you so much for loving the story. And please do leave comments, so I can fix my writing to be better for you guys, okay?

Thanks again!

@nanana : Yup, there you go, an update! Thanks so much for reading and commenting. I appreciate it, a lot!;)

@choseoyoung : whoah, I’m glad this story is one of your first ones! And on top of that, you love it!! That just makes me so, so happy! It really means a lot that you love the story and leave a comment. And yeah, we all want those two idiots to be honest with each other and stop bickering, right. Well, let’s just wait for it, okay? HAHA. Thanks again!

@honeydewname : yeay! New reader! Welcome on board! Thanks for reading the story! I hope you love it and keep supporting it! Keep the comments coming. I appreciate it so much! Thanks a million!

@twinklingconfusion : I miss you too!! Thanks for loving the story so much. Well, Hae Rin and Donghae finally confessed. Let’s just see how long it’ll take for Kyu and Ha Young to do so. HAHA. Keep the love and comments coming! Appreciate it a lot! Thanks again!

 

20110519