To Be, Or Not To Be.

Loving In Another Shoe

-동해.DONG HAE-

 

“Hyung, I don’t think we can make it to the gym.” Hyukie said to Eeteuk hyung over the phone.

 

Then he quickly tosses the phone to me. Thinking that Eeteuk hyung wants to talk to me, I place the phone on my ear.

 

And regret comes enveloping me at the next second.

 

“ WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN’T COME TO THE GYM?!?!?! MANAGER HYUNG IS GOING TO KILL ME!!! I PROMISED HIM THAT ALL OF US WILL BE THERE, EXCEPT FOR KIBUM!!! SO UNLESS YOU ARE KIM KIBUM, GET YOUR MUSCLES AND BONES HERE!”

 

Eeteuk hyung’s scream pierces through my ear and I swear my ear is planning on having a suicide because of that extreme scream.

 

Ouch. Curse you, monkey. You handed me the phone because you know Eeteuk hyung is going to rant? Aisy. Pity the fish a little, would you?

 

Since joining Super Junior, I can guarantee that all my body parts have been abused. Loud screaming to my ear, constant smacking to crash my skull, pillow fighting to break my bones, stuffing food down your throat as fast as you can to avoid doing the dishes, sigh. I guess I won’t be leaving the world in my best condition, huh?

 

“Mianhaeyo, Eeteuk hyung. There’s really an emergency. Really, we’ll find a way to make up to the managers and the trainer. And yeah, don’t worry, I have some girls idol phone numbers ready for you.” I said innocently.

 

“Well, it’s okay. I was probably too tired that I screamed. Never mind, I’ll talk to manager hyung after this. Just, make sure both of you solve whatever emergency it is that you have. And of course, keep your promise on the phone numbers thingy.” Eeteuk hyung replied and hangs up.

 

This Teukie hyung. Yeah, he sometimes would scream but that’s probably because he promised manager hyung. But just a few seconds after that, he’ll be his usual, kind and nice leader again.

 

I love you, Teukie hyung!

 

Okay, that was random.

 

“Ergh.” Hae Rin exclaimed. Oh, shoots!!! How can I forget about her?

 

I turn to look at her who’s still lying on the bed, eyes still closed. I guess she’s not awake yet then. The exclamation before was probably her making noise in her sleep. Aisy. My mind is puzzled and confused. Just this morning we were having pillow fights at her house, and now, she’s lying here on a bed, with cuts all over her body.

 

 “Donghae ah. What do you think happened to her?” The monkey asked.

 

“I don’t know. She probably played with knives and that’s how she got cuts on her body?” I replied.

 

Smack.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Do you think she’s like you? Playing with things and gets hurt easily? Aisy, this fish. I really wonder what they taught you at the East Sea Elementary School.” Hyuk said.

 

“Well, it’s probably better than what they teach you at the Monkeys Elementary School!” I stick out my tongue to him.

 

“Yah!”

 

We were about to smack each other’s head when we heard Hae Rin waking up from her sleep.

 

Hyukie turns his gaze towards her. I take this chance to smack his head. He's shocked by my smacking.

 

“Aww! Yah, fishie! Your friend has woken up and you still want to hit my head?” Hyuk said while rubbing his head.

 

“Well, I did it to make Hae Rin feel better upon waking up.” I state my excuse.

 

“Yeah, I bet she’s feeling a whole lot better seeing a monkey being smacked by a fish. Oh yeah, I’m sure she’s happy now.”

 

Both of us turn our attention towards Hae Rin. She’s just smiling a little, seeing Hyuk and me playfully arguing with each other.

 

But her smile isn’t as sincere or bright as always. What’s wrong, Hae Rin ah?

 

“What’s wrong, short legs? You made us freaked out!” I asked her.

 

She hesitated for a while before answering.

 

“Erm, nothing. And thanks. Actually, where am I? I don’t think this is the dorm, right?” She asked, avoiding the question that I asked her.

 

“We’re at my friend’s house. He’s the doctor who treated you. But he has gone back to his clinic now.” Hyuk explained.

 

“Oh.” And that is her only reply.

 

She seems to be thinking deeply about something. This short legs, I tell you. Why is she being so quiet? This isn’t the normal her! The fish needs an explanation.

 

Yah, short legs. It’s not every day you bump into your friend whom you had a pillow fight with in the morning and finds her covered in cuts and bloods at noon, losing her balance beside the main road, hugged you tightly and cried and then the next thing you know she passed out in the car and had to be treated by a doctor whom luckily Hyuk knows or else your body would be dried out of blood and I would have to do some blood donations which involves syringe and needles and time! Huh.” I take a long, deep breath after nagging to her.

 

And then I continue. Oh yeah, the nagging is not over. I got the trait from Eeteuk hyung. Blame him.

 

“So, short legs, do you want me to continue nagging like Eeteuk hyung? Because trust me, I can go all day if you want, unless you tell me what really happened.” I said to her.

 

I’m not mad at her. I’m just worried. Yeah, a fish knows how to get worried of her devil friend too, you know. Well, who wouldn’t after seeing her covered in cuts?

 

Pukk!

 

Suddenly the world turns dark.

 

Oh no! Who turned off the lights?! Help me! Did Hyuk’s friend forget to pay the electric bill or what?

 

After a while in the darkness, I realize something.

 

A pillow is covering my precious face. Great discovery, huh?

 

“Yah! Who threw the pillow?!” I asked randomly.

 

“Your nagging is a pain to my ears, fishie.” Hae Rin said. Aigoo! A girl who’s injured like her still has the energy to throw a pillow at me?!

 

Are you sure she’s really injured? Or are the cuts on her body fake?

 

Smack. Yeah, I probably deserved that smack by myself.

 

“Hae Rin ah. We didn’t get to train our muscles today because of you. So, I think you owe us an explanation. Don’t worry, you didn’t trouble us. It’s just that, we’re freaked out. Look at the fish for evidence of how freaked out we are. His nagging is, ergh, just, unbearable.” Hyuk said.

 

Hae Rin touches the cut on her neck, and cringe a little on the pain she felt.

 

“Okay. I’m sorry that you guys are worried. But I need to ask you dorks something first.” Hae Rin finally said.

 

“Shoot.” Hyuk and I replied together.

 

“You guys didn’t go to the gym right? But do you know who’s there?” Hae Rin asked.

 

What kind of question is that?

 

“All of the members are there.” I answered.

 

“Except for Kibum. And of course, the both of us.” Hyuk added.

 

“That’s it?” She asked more.

 

“Oh yeah, a few crews are there, but that’s it. It’s a private training.” I said.

 

“And, that’s all you guys know? No one else?” She asked again.

 

“Yeah. Now, tell us.” Hyuk blurted.

=====================================================================================================

-하영.HA YOUNG-

 

I enter the showers room after finishing my hot chocolate. Ah, a nice, warm shower is going to be nice. The shower room is big, with many cubicles. It’s not an open shower room where people shower together. It’s clean, and nice. I’m going to take a long shower.

 

As I enter one of the cubicles and lock the door, I take off the oversized sports clothes and take a look at it again. Seriously, I can’t believe I survived wearing this clothes that belongs to the empty head! I thought he would put itchy powders on it, or maybe curse a spell on the clothes or something.

 

Well, maybe I am right about the spell thing. Maybe he did put a spell on the clothes. Or else, how would I ended up humiliated by being covered up in 11 servings of sundaes, and as if that’s not enough, the empty head was on top of me, not to mention his lips.

 

Ergh, the accidental kiss. In front of other members!!! I swear I could kill myself now for the embarrassing moment!

 

But then again, why would I kill myself? It’s better if I just kill the empty head. My life would be wayyyyy better.

 

‘Are you sure you want to kill him, Ha Young?’

 

Eyh, who’s that?

 

Oh, it’s just my other self in my head. Say hello, guys.

 

Ignore her, she’s crazy. But wait, that would mean that I am crazy, since she’s a part of me too.

 

Smack. Smack. Smack.

 

Okay, Ha Young. Since when do you have your other self talking back at you?

 

I’m blaming it on the empty head. Well, who told him to crash onto me while I’m holding a tray of ice-creams and make my whole body covered with ice cream? I am so going to get him back.

 

After realizing how much I have talked to myself and how much time I have wasted on that, I should go and have my shower now, right?

 

Thank you, my great mind, for reminding me to stop talking to myself in my head and get a shower to get ice-creams out of my hair.

 

I am so proud of you, my brain! I mentally pat my brain. Wait, is that even possible?

 

Ergh, who cares.

 

Finally, I turn the tap and water comes running out from the shower head. Definitely refreshing.

 

After the long shower, I dry myself and wrap my body with a towel. I open the door to get out from the cubicle.

 

As I am making my way, something catches my eye.

 

At first I thought the sundaes have affected my eyesight or something, but it seems that what I’m seeing is real, not just hallucinations or my mind playing with me.

 

No…

 

What the…

 

“AAHHHHHHHH!!!”

=====================================================================================================

-해린.HAE RIN-

 

“And so, that’s how it happened. The end.” I finish my explanation.

 

Would they believe it?

 

I look to Donghae’s and Hyuk’s faces. They seem to be thinking about something. Are they believing me or not? Hello, I need some response here!

 

Smack. Smack. One for the fish, one for the monkey friend.

 

“OUCH!” Hyuk screamed.

 

“YAH!!!” The fish yelled.

 

“Good. You guys are still alive. I thought your souls have left your body. Well, say something. Why are you guys being so quiet? It’s creepy.” I said to the two dorks.

 

“Hmm.” Both of them exclaimed at the same time.

 

Smack. Smack.

 

“YAH LEE HAE RIN!”

 

“You smack like you’re not even injured!”

 

“I said ‘say something’. And I don’t consider ‘Hmm’ as a word, you know.” I said.

 

“Aisy, this short legs. I’m still trying to process your story. I don’t know if it’s real or not. Right, Hyukie?” The fish answered.

 

“Yeah. Welcome to the club, fishie. I’m still in the middle of processing the story in my monkey brain.” Hyuk replied.

 

“Well, since you guys are busy ‘processing’ the story, I’ll find my way home by myself then. Happy ‘processing’!” I bid as I try making my way out of the bed.

 

“Wait, wait! Aigoo. Seriously, short legs. Do you think you can go back by yourself in this condition? Come on, Hyuk. Let’s send her home. Aigoo. A day’s work as a driver of the short-legged devil.” Donghae complained.

 

Smack. From the monkey to the fish.

 

“Yah, you’re not even the one driving, why are you complaining?” Hyuk blurted.

 

“Oh yeah, that does make sense. Haha. But then again, your driving isn’t that good.” Donghae grins from ear to ear.

 

“Okay, guys. I need to go to the toilet first.” I excuse myself and try to get out from the bed.

 

Ouch. The cuts on my body do hurt.

 

Suddenly I feel a hand around my waist, helping to support me as I try to get up.

 

“Thanks, Hae.”

 

“Hey, what’s a devil’s friend for?” Hae replied and continues in helping me to the bathroom.

 

“Pi-si and…” Hyuk starts to sing.

 

“Yah! HA.JI.MA!!!” Hae suddenly screams, stopping the monkey from continuing his singing.

 

I wonder what song he was going to sing anyway. Hyuk just giggles by himself.

 

As I enter the bathroom, I lock the door and take out my phone from my pocket. After dialing the number, I wait for the person on the other line to pick up.

 

“Yoboseyyo.” She greeted.

 

“Oh, Sunhwa. It’s me, Hae Rin.”

 

“Oh, Hae Rin sshi.” My maid answered.

 

“I’m going to be back at home in a few minutes. I’ll be using the back door. Can you help me to make sure there’re no agents there, at the back door when I get back?” I asked her a favour.

 

“Oh, urm. I’ll try, Hae Rin sshi. Please come back safely.”

 

“Thank you. I’ll see you at home.” I thanked her and hang up.

 

I’m glad there’s some help back at home. Phewh. And I’m just beyond thankful that I bumped into Donghae. The monkey and he had helped a lot.

 

They insisted I tell them what happened to me, and I was trapped in a dilemma. Well, I told them what I think is the best for them to hear. I don’t know if I did the right thing to them, or even, to myself.

 

Let’s just see how this will go on.

=====================================================================================================

-규현.KYU HYUN-

 

Yeah, I am taking care of her because Changmin asked to. Since I’m a good friend, and of course, to avoid being murdered by Changmin, that’s why I’ve been looking out for her.

 

Right?

 

But she said I don’t need to do that anymore. She’ll tell Changmin that I have taken good care of her. So, problem settled. No need to waste my time and energy anymore, worrying about her and all.

 

Good then.

 

I can live my life normally now, right after I take my shower.

 

I turn on the tap and water comes running out of the shower head. This warm shower could get my mind straight again. I can’t believe that for a split second before I even thought that I looked out for her because I wanted to.

 

Hahahahahahaha. Yeah, that sure is a joke. Probably the ice-cream has affected my brain. Yeah, probably.

 

 

 

 

Okay, I have to admit it now.

 

She looked too fragile when I saw her crying before. I don’t think she has forgotten about her friend’s death yet. Urgh. What if she’s crying again when she’s all alone? Aigoo. What am I going to do then?

 

Smack.

 

Why do you even care, Kyuhyun? Didn’t she say that she’s going to tell Changmin that you looked out for her while he was gone? Hence, there’s no need to worry about getting murdered by Changmin anymore!

 

“I must be crazy that I’m conflicting with my own self while taking a shower. Huh.”

 

What a day.

 

=====================================================================================================

A/N : Hello, my readers!!! I’m sorry that I’m late again. And yeah, this chapter is short. Are you guys mad that you’re already seeing the a/n? Okay, okay, don’t kill me yet. I still have a long journey of life to continue. Lol.

 

So, how’s the update? You guys got any idea on how the story will continue?

 

And I love your comments on the previous chapter! I'll never get tired of saying this, so, I LOVE YOU MY READERS!

 

And keep the comments and love coming, maybe the next update will be up soon.

 

Okay, okay, sorry. Don't hate me, I'm not teasing you guys, okey. Keep the love coming!

p/s: on the replies, i messed up the fonts and colours and hyperlinks that doesn't exist, too lazy to fix it back. sorry=P

 

@Starberry : Whoah, you dunno how excited I am to hear you say that! Oh, I'm glad your sister love it too! Say hi to her for me! You guys call him empty head?! Haha. Nice! You and you sis rocks! Thanks a lot! Keep the love coming!

@kiss_xander23 : thanks for loving it so much. and i'll keep updating for my beloved readers. thanks!

@RaspberryTaffy : i'm glad you love the story! i'm so excited. But still, i don't get about the fish issues, is it a good or a bad thing? lol.. excuse my slowness.. anyway, thanks a million!

@glamCITY : well, what do you think? will they find out? will they not? anyway, thanks a lot for enjoying the story. keep it coming! thanks again.

@Lisa1134 : haha. it's great that your'e finally satisfied!!! great to hear that. aww, your comp is a meanie. let me have a word with it. lol. anyway, thanks a million! keep the love coming!

@twinklingconfusion : yeay! you're not disappointed! owh, was i too mean with the ice-creams? well, maybe there is something to donghae's dorkiness.. haha.. anyway, thanks a lot! keep it coming!

@isarangylil  : thank you! it means a lot that you say i'm doing a good work! I'll my best keeping it up! well, keep the love coming! thanks!

@LiFeS_G0oD : And HELLO!!!! You're back! Finally!! I've been wondering like crazy where you've been! glad that you love the updates!!! and yeah, is the action okay? or is it too much? oh well, welcome back! keep your comments coming! i love it! thanks again!

 

Erm ,to other readers, it'll be nice if you guys drop a few lines here. At least let me know what you think.

Nevertheless, I'm beyond happy that you guys are reading the story! Thanks a million!

See you at the next update!

=P

20100913