Why Is Heaven Closed? Now What Do We Do?

Loving In Another Shoe

 

-동해.DONG HAE-

 

Scrub, scrub, scrub.

 

Wash, wash, wash..

 

Ahh.. So refreshing!

 

“YAH FISHIE!!! WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE TO THE GYM!!! GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM AND GET YOUR FACE OUT OF THE MIRROR BEFORE I CALL THE FIREMEN TO BREAK INTO YOUR ROOM!!!”

 

Aisy, this monkey. I’m just washing my face for a while. Why is he nagging already? Are we that late to the gym? The guys probably haven’t started training yet. Right?

 

I open the bathroom door and find Hyuk standing beside the door.

 

“Hey, I didn’t know you’re a part-time bathroom bodyguard!” I joked.

 

Smack.

 

Okay, ouch.

 

“Why are you so giddy today? We’re late and you’re still joking? That’s odd of you. Why are you sound so happy after meeting Hae Rin today? Don’t you meet her, like, everyday??” Hyuk bombarded me with questions.

 

Me? Giddy? Too happy? Noooooooooooooooo.

 

“I just feel, energized. That’s all.” I replied with a smile.

 

“Yeah, right! I smell something fishy here, and it’s not just you! Aww, my fishie is falling for the short legs!!! After so long… what a cute couple! The fish and the short legs! But how could you cheat on me! Omo!” Hyuk teased.

 

“Yah!! What are you talking about?! Yah! Shut your monkey mouth! Yah!!!” I tried to shut him up.

 

“Pi-si and Dae-beul, sitting on a ter-ree, K-E-E-S-S-I-N !!!” Hyuk tried to show off his magnificent English pronunciation while teasing me with the song.

 

“Yah!! You spelled ‘kissing’ wrong! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!”

 

Hyuk’s face contorted into confusion.

 

“What?!! That’s the right spelling, you fish!!” Hyuk argued.

 

“No it’s not!”

 

“Yes it is!”

 

“No it’s not!”

 

“Yes it is!”

 

“Is not!”

 

“It is!”

 

“Okay! Then how do YOU spell it?!” Hyuk asked.

 

“It’s K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” I shouted proudly to him. Oh yeah, I sure do learn a lot from Fullhouse back then. I still have the notes, you know! Go Fullhouse!

 

“Fine, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Now, I can tease you, with the right spelling! Aw, Pi-si and Dae-beul, sitting on a ter-ree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!! Hahaha. You one lousy fish!” Hyuk continues singing the song. This time, with the CORRECT spelling of ‘kissing’, thanks to ME.

 

Aisy. Why did I even tell him the right spelling. I’ll have to smack myself later for that.

 

“Pi-si and Dae-beul, sitting on a ter-ree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Pi-si and Dae-beul..” Hyuk is still singing while putting stuffs into his bag. Well, the way he says devil is cute – Dae-beul.

 

But he’s not getting away with that kind of cuteness with me.

 

“Yah! Stop singing!!!” I start giving him a chase. And unfortunately, ever since he’s been on Dream Team, his sprinting is getting better.

 

“HAHAHAHAHA! Pi-si and Dae-beul…” He starts singing louder as he is running around the dorm while being chased by me.

 

“Yah! Shut up!!!” I chase him through the living room, kitchen, the storage room, and through every other room that exists in this huge dorm. Aisy, why does this dorm have to be so big!

 

“K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!” Hyuk looks back at me while running and sticks out his tongue.

 

As he is doing that, he loses his balance a bit and starts to wobble, making him to slow down.

 

“Gotcha!!!” I finally got my hands on his t-shirt!

 

PPANNGGGGGGGGGG!!!! CRRAASHHHHHH!!! BBAANNGGGG!!!!

 

Whoah! I didn’t know our muscles were that hard, until it make loud sounds when both of us crashed into each other and fell on the floor!

 

SMACK.

 

Okay, okay. Fine then. It’s not our muscles. The sounds aren’t being produced by the sounds of our muscles crashing into one another.

 

Why don’t you take a guess? Come on, try it. Guess! It’ll be fun!

 

 

“Hae!!!  It’s KYU’S GAME CONSOLE!!!” Hyuk shouted while getting up from the floor.

 

Gulp.

 

I guess, it’s not that fun then to guess what was the thing that both of us crashed on after I caught Hyuk by his t-shirt.

 

Gulp again.

 

Kyu’s game console?! Why was the console lying around the living room?! Aisy!!!

 

You, stupid console. Why did you have to be here, in the living room? Can’t you go lying around at some other places in this dorm. Aigoo. What are we going to do?!

 

“Kyu is going to kill us and make pancakes out of us!!!” I shouted.

 

“Yeah. Thanks for the precious information, Sherlock. Appreciate it.” Hyuk replied sarcastically.

 

Shoots. Now, seriously, I’m going to be one dead fish. Oh yeah, another dead monkey is going to accompany me. Well, look on the bright side. At least I have someone to accompany me when I’m dead.

 

SMACK. From yours truly, Lee Hyukjae.

 

“Ouch, what’s that for?” I asked Hyuk while rubbing my head.

 

“Well, stop talking to yourself like an insane fish and get moving. We’re going to be late!! Let’s leave this game console at the game store downstairs and you and I are going to be doing extra work to pay for the repair.” Hyuk suggested.

 

“Omo!! My Hyuk is a genius! I guess you’re born with genius monkey genes!” I said while hugging him tightly.

 

“Yah, yah! You’re not going to get away with your part of the payment for the repairing of this game console just by praising me and hugging me! Let’s go. The guys have been calling for a million times already.” Hyuk replied.

 

Aisy. I thought that might work. Oh well, do you really expect Hyuk to let you off when it comes to money, Hae? Think again.

 

“Let’s go!” I grab my bag and hurry myself out the dorm with Hyuk. Both of us make our way to the game store downstairs.

 

And finally, we’re here!!! The game store.

 

Okay, okay. I know it doesn’t sound much like heaven, but hey, this ‘heaven’ is our saviour from being smashed into pancakes by that evil, diabolical magnae.

 

As we reach the door to enter, one word caught our eyes.

 

‘CLOSED’

 

Yeah. You read it right. C.L.O.S.E.D.

 

Now, there’s only one thing to do. Turn on my PANIC mode.

 

How can this ‘heaven’ be closed at crucial times like this?!?!

 

“Ahhhhh!!! What to do?! What to do?! Now we’re really going to be fish and monkey pancakes because of that stupid game console!!! Omma! Eottohke, eottohke?!!! I don’t want to die early! I’m not even married yet! At least let me have a few grandchildren first!!! Nooooooo!!!”

 

And by this time, you would already know what will come visiting my head. SMACK.

 

Aisy. This monkey. I swear my head is going to fall off my neck if he keeps doing that. What? Isn’t it the right time to panic?

 

“Why the smacking again?” I asked innocently.

 

“Because you’re making a fool out of yourself in the morning, in front of a closed game store while ranting about how you’re not married yet.” Hyuk answered calmly. Seems like he is thinking of another solution.

 

Oh yeah, how come he is thinking of the solutions while I’m busy panicking? I want to help too! The fish wants to contribute!

 

Hmm. Now, let’s think. How are we going to fix that magnae’s treasured property if the store is closed? Think. Think. Still thinking.

 

“I know!” Hyuk and I shouted in unison.

 

“What?” And again, we asked the question to each other at the same time.

 

“Hey, stop copying me!” We said to each other simultaneously.

 

“Yah!” And then, both of us got a smack from each other. Oh well, I guess you can say that’s fair.

 

“Okay, okay. What’s your idea?” I asked first, while rubbing Hyuk’s head at the spot that I smacked. See? I’m a caring fish!

 

“Aisy. Let’s just go to the nearest game store, since this one is closed.” He suggested.

 

“I was thinking the same thing!!! Hahahahaha. Great minds think alike!” I shouted.

 

“But isn’t a 24-hours game store supposed to be opened for, erm, 24 hours a day? I guess one day has more than 24 hours then. Oh, well.” Hyuk and I both laughed together.

 

Both of us got into the car, with Hyuk behind the wheels. I’m too lazy to drive.

 

“The nearest game store I know is the one near the National University. We can get there in less than 10 minutes. You have any other place in your mind?” Hyuk asked as we’re exiting the parking lot. He sounds like a general trying to find a way to save both our from that magnae.

 

Go ,General Hyuk!

 

“The nearest place in my mind is an hour away, so I guess we’ll just follow your idea then.” I replied.

 

Hyuk just smiles and starts driving towards the game store near the National University. Huh. I guess we’ll really be late to the gym then. Oh well, might as well treat the managers to some drinks later. That should make them less angry at me and Hyuk. Now, to apologize to Teukie hyung, I guess I’ll just have to add some female idols number on his phone. Yup! That should do the trick.

 

My fish brain works after all!

 

After a few minutes in the car, we finally reach our destination.

 

“Hae, there’s no parking space here. You take the game console to the store, I’ll just make a few rounds here until you’re done.” Hyuk hands me the game console.

 

Me? Alone? On the streets?!

 

HOLD IT!

 

“Yah. What if some fans kidnap me??? What am I going to do then?” I asked him.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll live.” He replied briefly.

 

“Aisy. Fine then. But if I get kidnapped, you’re going to come and save me.” I said as I close the car’s door behind me.

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

Okay, three steps and no one has attacked or tried to kidnap me yet. Pheww. That’s a good sign, right? Well, you can thank my dark shades, cap and mask.

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

Aisy. Now it’s Shindong hyung. My phone is already full of missed calls. I swear if my phone can throw up, it’ll throw up all those list of missed calls. I swear!

 

Be patient, hyungs. Hyuk and I are trying to save our life from being murdered by that evil magnae who lives in the same house with us.

 

And finally,  I have reached the store, safe and sound. No one tried to me, no one tried to kidnap me. That’s what I mean by safe.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” The store owner greeted.

 

I give him a smile and show him the broken game console. His face is contorted in shock, wondering if he’s seeing a game console or some scraps of plastic and wires.

 

“What have you done? Did you throw it from the 10th floor or what?” He asked while examining the damages.

 

Okay, by the look of his face, it’s evident that the game console is seriously damaged. And how much the damage is, is equal to how much Hyuk’s body and my body will get damaged with the revenge from Kyu.

 

“Please, please save it? My life depends on it! And I’m not joking. You DO NOT want to know what my future holds if this thing isn’t fixed. I SWEAR you don’t want to know.” I pleaded.

 

“Okay, okay. It sounds like you’ll be murdered by someone if this thing isn’t fixed.” The store owner replied.

 

“BINGO!”

 

Correct guess ahjussi!

 

“But it’s going to cost.” He said.

 

And my world just turned sombre after hearing that. Aisy. This game console is seriously turning my life upside-down. I blame Hyuk now. Well, who told him to tease me with that sitting-on-a-tree song?

 

“Okay. But can it be fixed by today? Please, please, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…” I tried to act cute, but then I remembered that the store owner is a middle-aged guy, not a teenage girl. Too late.

 

“Hey, hey, stop acting like my daughter. You’re lucky I don’t have many customers today, so I can fix you game console here. Just, come by the store at noon or so. Arasso?” The store manager said.

 

Hurray! Cheers for me!

 

“Kamsahaeyo!” I said excitedly while almost hugging the ahjussi.

 

Oh, shoots. I need to get to the gym fast. This is way, way, way late than our supposed training time. Imagine how many female idol’s phone number I have to sacrifice to Eeteuk hyung!

 

I take out my phone and dial Hyukie’s number.

 =====================================================================================================

-해린.HAE RIN-

 

“Now, I guess you still remember me then, Hae Rin sshi?” The voice of the killer scares the creeps out of me.

 

Well, who doesn’t remember a view where a girl is shot in an alley at night? That’s not a typical scene of everyday’s life, you know?

 

I choose to keep my silence and just stare down on the floor.

 

“Lee Hae Rin sshi. I know you still remember me. Now, now. What am I going to do about it? Hmm. Let me think.” The killer said.

 

Aisy, this killer. It’s bad enough that I’m tied to a chair here, now he still need to think of what he’s going to do to me? Aren’t you supposed to think about this ahead of time? This guy need to learn about some planning.

 

Seriously, I have no time to joke here. But this killer is really making me impatient. If he really wants to kill me, just do so. Why the questioning and all?

 

“Ahah! Which one do you prefer? Knives or guns?”

 

Gulp.

 

Okay. I never knew ways of death is optional. Err, should I ask him, which one would hurt more?

 

Smack.

 

“Just hurry up and get it done with. I guess it’ll be better to be dead than to be stuck here with you.” I replied.

 

Well, what can you say? I’m losing my patience here.

 

“Oh. You surely can talk back well. I didn’t know you were smart, and brave.” The killer said.

 

Then he continued, “Really, if you haven’t been there at that night, I wouldn’t have to go through all this trouble to get to you. And you would probably be by your boyfriend by now. What’s his name again? Kyu…Kyuhyun, is it?”

 

KYU HYUN?

 

That is the last person on my mind that’ll be my boyfriend! Heck, I’m not even close to him!

 

Oh, probably because of Eun Mi and all that fake date thingy, he thinks Kyuhyun is my boyfriend. Well, doesn’t matter what he thinks actually. I’m going to be dead and none of this would matter.

 

Suddenly the killer grabs my face with his right hand and squeezed my cheeks.

 

“AHH!!!” I shouted. Yeah, it hurts, if you want to know.

 

“You know what? You’re quite pretty too. It would be a waste to just kill you like that.”

 

What the hell?

 

“YAH! Do you really have to do all this talking?! It’s making me tired and impatient! Just kill me if you want! That’ll make your life way easier!” I shouted at him.

 

Suddenly the killer laughs by himself.

 

Hello, what’s so funny? I would like to join in the fun too - if I’m not tied to this chair and waiting for my death.

 

“You really are one of  kind. Let’s have some fun first, shall we? You look, interesting.” He suggested.

 

What fun?! Should I be considered as lucky, to be having some fun before I die?

 

“You want to know why I shot that damned girl?” He asked.

 

“No, thank you.”

 

As if I’m interested in his crimes.

 

“That girl, she’s so smart. Just like you, I would say. Well, it’s ironic how you witnessed her death then. She’s gorgeous, good at talking, and hell yeah, makes the guys around her fall for her. But hey, pretty girls are always bad girls.” He still tells his story even if I refused to hear.

 

This killer, I tell you… Is he deaf or something?

 

“Damned girl. Stole my money, stole my property. Ran off with another guy. Came back for more money with an innocent face. I thought she repented. Then she took everything and left me with nothing. Stupid .” The killer said as he is wiping his gun.

 

“I would say that you’re the stupid one.” I blurted out. Oops! Wrong reply, don’t you think?

 

The killer quickly turned at me and takes out his knife.

 

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!” He presses the sharp blade slowly on my neck with anger until blood starts to ooze out from my veins.

 

“Ahh.” Ouch, it stings. For those who never tried cutting you neck with a blade, I suggest you don’t try it. Trust me on this one, people.

 

“Owh, so you do know how pain feels like? You look so brave before, I thought you don’t fear a thing. Ahaha.” The killer exclaimed.

 

I swear, he is a psychopath. And I’m not kidding.

 

He removes the knife position from my neck. Phewh. I thought I was going to be beheaded. But ouch, the blood is still oozing out. Ergh, I seriously need help. Death is seriously not an option for me at my age now. Hae… if only you can hear me.

 

Now, what do I do? The killer is scanning me from head to toe with his eyes. By the look of his psychotic face, I swear he is planning on me or something! Come on, THINK!!! THINK, Hae Rin! Think!

 

TING!

 

Suddenly I remember the times where the Super Junior guys tortured me before. Oh yeah, those are moments you can never forget, even if you badly want to. They’ve tied my hands to the dining table before, because I keep throwing things at Hae when we were having a fight one time. And yeah, Hae’s hands were also tied to one of the window panes, to avoid any more destruction in the dorm at that time.

 

My hands are tugging on the rope that’s tying my hands now. God, please, please, please help me. I seriously don’t want to die. Not now. I succeeded to let myself free when I was in Super Junior’s dorm because I keep tugging on the rope and moving my hands continuously. Let’s just hope it’ll work again.

 

Suddenly the killer approaches me again. He puts his head near my head and takes a sniff at my hair.

 

“You hair smells nice…” I swear I’m having goose bumps and my whole body is shivering. It would be better if he would just kill me than if he does anything to me before that.

 

Argh. The blood on my neck is still oozing out, but it has lessen. The only thing is, it hurts.

 

I could feel my hands having lesions, because I keep tugging on the rope, trying to untie it. The killer is seriously looking psychotic than ever with his evil smirk.

 

He takes his knife again and starts playing with it. He comes closer to me, touching my long sleeve.

 

“Why are you wearing a long-sleeved shirt? Isn’t it hot in here?” The killer said and starts to cut my long sleeve along its length, until half of my arms are exposed. Damn this killer! He’s a erted psychopath!

 

“Ahh!” The sharp blade pierces through my skin on my right hand as he is cutting my sleeve. Ahh, I can feel how deep that cut into my skin is. Okay, this is more painful than the tortures that I get with the Super Junior guys.

 

‘Keep tugging on that rope, Hae Rin. I know your wrist is almost bleeding from all the tugging, but keep doing that! There’s no other way to get away from this psychopath!’ I keep reminding myself.

 

And finally…

 

The knot untied. Ahh, my wrist feels like it has disconnected from my arms. Ouch. Thank you, thank you, thank you god!

 

But now, I can’t just run away like this. Why, you ask me? Because that damned erted psychopath has a gun! He can just shoot me from a distance without even having to run after me! I need to do something.

 

The killer is done cutting my sleeves, exposing both of my arms. I still act like my hands are tied to the chair. He takes a step back to have a full view of me again, on how I look like after he cuts my sleeve.

 

Oh my god, his intention now is so obvious that it is written on his face. You can literally read it on his forehead – ‘I’m going to this girl.’ Hell no! I am not going to lose to this psychopath! I would rather die then.

 

“You know what? Maybe I will have some of you. You’re probably hotter than that damned . Let’s see how you’ll like me!” And the killer starts to take off his jacket.

 

He was about to take off his shirt when I suddenly thought of something.

 

“Erm,well. You do look tempting. And, it’s been long since I’ve slept with a guy, you know.” I said seductively, while giving him a devilish smirk.

 

Okay, guys. I have never done this kind of thing before. Those are just lines and actions I pick up from some movie. It’s just a scheme for me to get the hell out of here. And I swear this erted psychopath is going to fall for it. Hell, why not? He even got tricked twice by the same girl who took his money. Yeah, he’s that stupid.

 

The killer seems to stop his actions (as in, taking off his clothes. Thank god) and look at me. He raises one eyebrow, looking shocked and confused.

 

“What did you say?” He asked softly.

 

I smiled at him again (reluctantly) and bat my eyelashes.

 

“You didn’t hear me? Come closer then…” I whispered softly, just barely enough for him to hear. Eww, I’m starting to get disgusted with this seductive me. Yukss. Oh well, if that’s what it takes to save my life, then, I’ll just have to act a bit y.

 

Like entranced, the killer walks closer to me, leaving his guns and knife behind.

 

“What’d you day again, babe? Say it again!” He sounded so desperate. See what I tell you about him being a erted, stupid psychopath? I would pity him, but since he’s trying to and kill me, I don’t think pity is an option for my emotions now.

 

But he is still standing far from me before I can execute my plan.

 

“You want to hear it again? Come closer...” I whispered again.

 

And finally, after sounding like a for a few times, the killer got close enough to me. He bents down, trying to kiss me on the neck (yeah, my bloody neck) but I quickly execute my plan.

 

And here goes, YEAH!!!

 

I kick him as hard as I can on his weak spot. Yeah, you know where it is, I don’t need to tell you, do I?

 

“ARGHH!!!” His body is shivering, trying to fight the pain.

 

I got up, releasing my hands from the tie, and kick him again at the same spot with all my might, just to be sure. He goes curling up on the floor because of the pain, cursing my name as he is doing so. And from the way that it looks like, he’s not going to be able to get up for a while. I told you I kicked him with all my might, didn’t I?

 

But I’m not taking any risk. I take off my high heels and carry them in my hands. What? You don’t think I’ll just leave my precious shoes here, do you?

 

I run as fast as I can to the exit, when I suddenly see my handbag, positioned on a table near where the psychopath is lying.

 

Now I’m contemplating. Should I get my handbag or not? But the killer is lying close to the handbag. Then again, half of my life is in that handbag – my Blackberry, purse, ID…

 

Aisy. Let’s just run to the handbag, get it, and run away as fast as I can.

 

I dash to my handbag, at the same time being aware of the killer who’s cringing in pain on the floor. And after I got my hands on my handbag,  I run away as fast as I can.

 

But before I can make any steps to run away, the killer grabs my left leg while lying down, making me trip on the floor. Ahh, my knees. It’s bleeding. Urgh, I swear my body is drained out of blood.

 

Damn you, killer. Damn you.

 =====================================================================================================

-규현.KYU HYUN-

 

Oh yeah! Break time!

 

Time to feed my muscles for training so hard. Poor muscles. Hold on there, okay? Daddy’s going to get some food down the stomach and then you guys will get energized again.

 

All of us sit at one big table, like we usually do. It’s weird that Hyukjae hyung and Donghae hyung is still not here. I wonder what they’re doing, that makes them come to training so late. Hmm.

 

I’m the last one to enter the cafeteria, since I fell down on the floor because I tripped on the treadmill. And oh well, only Teukie hyung offered his hands to help. But since I’m a tough dongsaeng, I refused his help and tried to get up on my own.

 

So that’s how the others left me and went to the cafeteria first, while I was still struggling to get up because my back hurts like hell. Blame the devil. Who told her to press the ‘stop’ button abruptly?! I swear that devil is trying to drag me to hell.

 

The hyungs are talking and laughing with each other at the table. They seem a bit tired though.

 

WAIT A MINUTE!

 

One, two, three, four,……….

 

Okay after doing the maths, there’s not enough people on the table! Excluding Kibum hyung, Hyukjae hyung and Donghae hyung, there’s one person who is missing!

 

Well, to be exact, it’s not a person. She’s more to a devil, I would say.

 

Oh, shoots! Where the hell is she? Don’t tell me she got sad because of her friend’s death again and went somewhere else to cry all by herself! Where am I going to kidnap another kid to console her then?! Or worse, did she pass out and was sent to the hospital already?! Oh, no!

 

“Hyungs! Is Hae Rin dead already?!” I asked the hyungs at the table.

 

A freaky silent atmosphere is created. All the talks and laughs abruptly stop. All of them turn their attention towards me. Okay, why do I get excessive attention today? I know I look hot after sweating a lot, but seriously, I am that hot to resist?

 

SMACK.

 

Okay, okay. Back to the situation here. Where the hell is that devil?!

 

“Hello… hyungs! Where’s the devil? Did she reach hell already?” I asked, sounding a bit panicked.

 

The hyungs are still looking at me. Wait a minute. If I observe carefully, it’s not me that they’re looking at. It’s someone behind me.

 

Yup. Suddenly I could feel someone standing behind me. Shocked at that fact, I quickly turn to my back with the speed of light.

 

PPANGGG!!! CRASSHH!!!

 

“Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo” Exclaims can be heard, coming out from the hyung’s mouth.

 

Why do they have to make such long exclamation? What’s happening anyway?

 

Wait. I don’t think my feet is planted on the ground. Why do I feel like my whole body is lying on the ground? Hmm. But this ground isn’t that smooth or hard as it should be.

 

Okay. Now why does my body feel so cold? Seriously, I would say this is a  Déjà-vu. Where have I experienced this before. I open my eyes slowly and my heart just got a heart attack with what I just saw.

 

Oh, god.

====================================================================================================

-해린.HAE RIN-

 

Damn you, killer.

 

Even in that kind of pain, he can still make me trip. Well, I don’t care. He is not going to get any piece of me. I’m not giving up that easily.

 

After tripping, I get up as fast as I can, grabbing my handbag and my shoes. I take a look at the killer who’s still cringing in pain on the floor, and kick him at the spot for the third time. That’s for making me trip, you psychopath. The killer looks like he’s about to pass out because of the pain. Sorry, dude. But I got to live too.

 

I run out to the exit, and through the alleys until I almost reach the main road. Okay, I know I’m not good at sports, but at least tons of shopping helped me with my metabolism. I guess I should think about getting into sports. Ergh. That just gives me the shivers.

 

Sting. Suddenly I feel my neck stinging. Oh yeah, I forgot about the cut. Aisy, I have to cover it up before I go to the main road or else people are going to look at me weirdly.

 

As I walk out of the alleys, and towards the main road, I search for a scarf in my handbag. I know there’s one in here.

 

Uh-huh! Found it. I tie it around my neck while walking fast towards the main road to catch a cab. Ouch. It still hurts.

 

Urgh. I forgot to wear my shoes. Now that I’m already at the main road, I guess it’s safe to wear the heels. I put on my right shoe while standing, with difficulties since my arms have cuts on them while my wrist has lesions and my knees are bleeding. Urgh.

 

I lose my balance while wearing the shoe and almost fall to the ground. Luckily someone grabs my arms to save me from meeting the ground. God, bless this person who just saved me from falling on the road.

 

“Kamsahaeyo.” I said, after gaining my balance again. My eyes are eagerly searching for any vacant cab for me to get a ride home.

 

“HAE RIN?!” The guy that helped me shouted softly in shock.

 

Okay. Why does that voice sound familiar? Too familiar!

 

“LEE HAE RIN!” Uh-oh. Unfortunately I recognize the owner of the voice too well.

 

Yes, he’s wearing darks shades, a cap and a mask covering his mouth, but I’ve known this guy for too long. I can already recognize him. And seeing him standing right in front of me, I could do nothing but cry, after what I have just gone through.

 

“HAE!” I said his name and hug him tightly. I don’t know if I’m even allowed to do this. But I just have to hug him. Just a few minutes ago I almost don’t have a chance to see him for good. I… I just need to hug him.

 

“Hae Rin ah?” Donghae’s voice sound concerned, yet confused. He pats my back, trying to calm me.

 

Honk!

 

A honking sound made me startled. But I just don’t want to let him go. What if that killer catch up to me again?

 

“Hae Rin ah. Let’s get you somewhere else. Hyuk is here. Let’s get into the car first.” Everything he said went into my mind just like that. I don’t have time to process it. I just follow what he says and where he takes me.

 

I get into the car’s back seat, and notice Hyuk who is at the driver’s seat. He looks shocked too, seeing me in cuts and lesions with a bleeding knee. Good thing my thick scarf covers the cut on my neck pretty well.

 

I could sense Donghae getting into the car, sitting beside me at the back seat, leaving the passenger’s seat beside Hyuk empty.

 

“What happened? How did you meet her?” I could hear Hyukjae asked while my eyes are still closed, crying silently, and my body leaning to one side of the car.

 

“I don’t know. It was a coincidence. I was waiting for you and I saw this girl losing her balance and almost falling to the ground. So I helped her and just realized that it was Hae Rin.” Donghae replied.

 

“Now what do we do? We can’t bring her to the gym like this. She has cuts on her body.” Hyuk asked while still driving.

 

Aisy. Now what do I do? Ha Young is at the gym. So, I can’t be at the gym too. And obviously these two guys haven’t gone to the gym today, since they don’t know there’s another ‘Hae Rin’ there.

 

God, what do I do now?

 

My mind keeps thinking on what is the best thing to do now. But the pain on my body, especially the cut at the neck and the bruises on my wrist is driving me insane. I can’t think properly now. It’s either I lost too much blood or energy or both, but I feel like I can’t stay awake anymore.

 

My body feels so light, and Donghae’s and Hyuk’s conversation is sounding more and more distant. I just can’t feel a thing anymore and…..

 

“HAE RIN AH!!!” I could hear faintly as Donghae screams when I fall involuntarily on his lap. I would answer him and tell him not to worry, but I can’t even say a word. It feels like the energy has been drained out of me.

 

My body is being shaken gently by Donghae. Yes, I can still feel that. He cuddles me as I’m not responding, calling out my name several times.

 

“What the… OH MY GOD, HYUK!!! She’s bleeding massively here! There’s a deep cut on her neck, hidden under her scarf! The cuts on her arms are deep too! We have to go to the doctors!” I could hear Donghae scream frantically.

 

“We can’t go to the hospital. Too many people. Let’s go to a doctor I know.” Hyuk replied with some concern in his voice.

 

I feel that the sounds around me are getting fader and fader.

 

But what I feel most is Donghae’s arms around me. I feel a whole lot safer now. Urgh. What am I going to tell him later?

 

“Mianhae, Donghae ah…” That was the only thing I can say with the little energy left in my body.

 

“HAE RIN AH!” I can hear faintly Donghae’s scream. Then I totally pass out.

 =====================================================================================================

--하영.HA YOUNG-

 

Ouch.

 

When have I experienced this before? It all feels, oddly familiar. I might say, a Déjà-vu? It feels cold too now.

 

Oh yeah! Now I remember!

 

The time when that empty head shot me with cold water at their bathroom! And when we were making our way out of the bathroom, I slipped and pulled his shirt, making him fall on top of me, and I was sure his back fall on top of me, before I pass out.

 

This time, it’s slightly different. I open my eyes a bit and was shocked to see the empty head lying on top of me! And this time, it’s not his back that’s facing me. It’s his face.

 

Oh.My.God.

 

As if that’s not enough, our faces are so close to each other, I can only see his eyes as he opens them. Wow, this is way too close.

 

I wanted to shout at him, when I just realize that something is crushing my lips.

 

Wait a minute, don’t tell me…

 

OUR LIPS ARE ON EACH OTHER?!!!  How the hell did that happen?

 

Okay, I think may need a rewind here.

 

Here’s what happened :

 

I was at the cafeteria’s counter, buying ice-creams for the dorks, since Siwon keeps preaching me on how I should keep my promise on buying them ice-creams because I lost the match to him. Cehh, it was an unfair match anyway!

 

That’s how I end up carrying a tray of ice creams for 11 persons. I was almost reaching the table when the empty head who didn’t see me suddenly screamed,

 

“Hyungs! Is Hae Rin dead already?!” Ergh. That annoying empty head. How could he say I’m dead when I was standing right behind him, holding a heavy tray of ice-creams. I just glared at him from behind.

 

The other guys stared at me when the talks and laughs stopped abruptly because if the empty head. I guess the empty head felt weird everyone was staring at him, well, to be exact, they were staring at me who was carrying their sundaes. He turned to his back, facing me quickly that he didn’t realize he was quite close to me already.

 

And then…

 

PPANGGG!!! CRASSHH!!!

 

Ahh.. So that’s how he knocked on to the ice cream tray that I was holding, lost his balance and fell on top of me.

 

The sundaes went flying all over us, making us enveloped in coldness, again.

 

Now, back to the situation here.

 

SHOCK! My heart is beating abnormally fast. I can feel my cheeks burning to a thousand degrees. And my lips, urgh. Why do they have to meet his lips, again?

 

Although the kiss is, err, accidentally, I’m speechless again. Just like the first time he kissed me during the fake date. God. Are my emotions betraying me or what.

 

As I open my eyes, I can see his eyes too, boring into mine. I feel the urge to move him off me, but I can’t move my limbs. It’s as if my whole body won’t move. He seems to be having the same problem.

 

Now what do we do? Even though it’s weirdly nice, I don’t think we can stay this way forever. Especially when he is HEAVIER than me!

 

“YAH! YOU’RE GOING TO CRUSH HER INTO PAPER!” Sungmin shouted.

 

“HELP ME GET HIM OFF HER!” Kangin screamed.

 

“HAE RIN AH! ARE YOU OKAY?” Siwon asked.

 

“KYU AH! ARE YOU OKAY?!” Yesung asked.

 

“RYEOWOOK, GO GET SOME TOWELS.” Eeteuk ordered.

 

“JEEZ.. CAN’T YOU TWO MOVE BY YOUR OWN? ARE YOU PARALYZED?” Heechul commented, or you can say, complained.

 

Oh yeah, I forgot about the other guys. Apparently, this time, all of them saw what happened. Shoots! I can imagine the teasing already.

 

As the empty head moves away from me, I suddenly feel extremely cold. I get up by myself and examine my body. Ergh. I’m covered with ice-creams. How ‘sweet’ is that? An accidental kiss while covered in ice-creams?

 

“Here. Wipe yourself. And then wrap yourself with the other dry towel.” Hankyung hands me a towel.

 

“Err, t-tthanks.” I still stutter from both the shock and the coldness.

 

“Kyu ah, you okay?” Eeteuk asked the magnae.

 

He just nods his head and continues wiping himself. Our eyes met for a fraction of a second, then both of us turn away at the same time.

 

Great. Perfect. As if the first kiss wasn’t enough to make things awkward, now, the second kiss just had to happen, in front of the other members?!

 

I don’t know who to blame.

 

“What do you think Kyu’s going to do about his sportswear?” Heechul starts to gossip while some staff at the gym is cleaning up the mess.

 

Both Kyuhyun and I apologize to the staffs.

 

“I don’t know. All I know is that, that’s one of Kyu’s treasured sportswear. He bought it with his own money, you know.” Hankyung replied.

 

Geez. It’s creepy how this guys can gossip well.

 

I don’t even know if it’s the truth. Is it really that expensive? Did he really buy this sportswear that I’m wearing with his own money, instead of using endorsed clothes? Urgh. I don’t want to think about that now. All I know is I need to shower and get the ice-cream out of my hair.

 

“You can go shower now. You too, Kyu, since you’ve worn out yourself too much on the treadmill. The trainer said you can rest now. We’ll be finishing the training in an hour, then we’ll go back together, arasso?” Eeteuk directed.

 

That’s one great leader I tell you.

 

Both of us just nod and watch as Eeteuk goes to restart his training with the other members. Okay, you might be wondering, why the guys are quiet about Kyuhyun and me accidentally kissing each other, but just wait. The teasing is going to come soon. I guess they need to focus on their training now.

 

Erm, only the empty head and I are left in the cafeteria. Sitting opposite to each other, we don’t even dare to look at each other’s face.

 

And because of the awkwardness, I decide to go tak ea shower now. It’s better than sitting here, wiping the ice-cream off ourselves and facing each other.

 

“I’m going to shower.” I said and stand up to leave the cafeteria.

 

As I am almost out of the cafeteria, he calls me.

 

“Yah!”

 

I turn to face him, giving my herculean effort to act normal and all.

 

“What, empty head?” I asked.

 

“Drink this first, then go have your shower.” He said, pointing at a cup of hot chocolate on the table. It seems like he just bought them.

 

Hmm. That hot chocolate does look tempting, since I’m feeling quite cold now. Just imagine 11 servings of sundaes falling on top of us. Ergh, shivers.

 

“Fine. Thanks.” I grab the cup of hot-chocolate. I wanted to sit somewhere else, but the seat opposite to him is the closest seat to the heater.

 

Oh, well. Might as well just drink this fast and go take my shower. As the empty head and I are sipping our drinks, our eyes wander elsewhere.

 

“Mianhae.” Both of us said simultaneously.

 

“Huh?” We asked each other.

 

“Nothing. You go first.” I said.

 

“No. Lady’s first.” He replied.

 

“And since when you’re such a gentleman?” I asked.

 

“Since I was born.” He answered.

 

Urgh. Just his typical self. Fine, I’ll say it first then. Better get the load off my chest fast.

 

“Thanks.” I said.

 

He looks at me, confused. “ You just said sorry before, and now thanks?”

 

“Ergh. Okay, sorry and thanks that you have to look after me because of my friend’s funeral. I know you’re just following what Changmin asked you to. But seriously, you don’t have to do that. And don’t take it wrongly. You’re still your annoying, empty-headed self, but I’m just thanking you for today. So then you don’t have to worry about Changmin. I’ll tell him that you took good care of me. Although, you did try to freeze me with ice-creams just now. But then again, that’s just the typical you, trying to make my life miserable at all times.” I said.

 

I figured it out. He probably brought me to the gym because he followed what Changmin asked him to do, which is, to look out for me while he’s gone for a while. And yeah, he’s still annoying, but like I said before, his annoying presence makes me feel better, what with Sooyoung’s death and all.

 

I finish my drink and take a glance at the empty head. He looks like he’s trying to say something about what I said before, but he’s still contemplating.

 

Ergh. Don’t tell me I’m going to fall for this idiot here.

 

I just hope we’ll go back to killing each other like we do before. The awkwardness is driving me nuts.

 

Since he has got nothing to say, I make my way to the showers.

 

I can hear him murmur something but it’s just too slow to hear. I just ignore him.

 =====================================================================================================

-규현.KYU HYUN-

 

“Maybe I did look out for you on purpose. Ergh. I must be crazy. I think I need to go shower too.” I murmured to myself as Hae Rin walks away.

===================================================================================================== 

A/N : Hurray!!! Finally!!! I can update!!! Sorry if it’s late. Okay, I know you guys are bored hearing the word, but what to do? This is the best I can do. Okay, I’ve totally ran out of ideas, and I practically squished my brain for this chapter. Maybe it’s not good enough, but nonetheless, I hope you guys still enjoy it, okey?

Oh yeah, my laptop needs to be repaired, so I had to borrow another laptop from my friend. Oh well, as long as I can write updates, I ‘ll just leave with it. And yeah, I miss you my readers! Like crazy!!!

 

Please comment and subscribe, ‘cause that’ll make me write better and probably faster.

 

I love you guys!
 

@isarangylil : thanks for loving it so much and commenting! It means a lot to me! Thanks! Here’s the update. Keep enjoying the story!

 

@Starberry : Hey, thanks for liking the story so much. Oh well, I’m not getting that much readers yet for the story to be featured, but I guess I can work harder. Thanks a lot anyway! And yeah, I am planning to finish to story, but still haven’t decided yet if I’m finishing it early or it’ll take some more time. Either way, sorry to keep you waiting. Hope you’ll still enjoy the story! Keep the love and comments coming. Thnks!

 

@Kyra1986 : As usual, love,love,love your long comments! I’m not kidding! It boosts y spirit up! Anyway, sorry if you were disappointed with the previous chapter. Well, this new chap isn’t that good, but I hope you’ll still enjoy reading it! And yeah, sorry for the long wait. Really, I wished I had more than 24 hours a day. But then again, I live in reality. Oh well, I’ll try harder next time. Anyway, keep the comments coming! Love it, ove it, love it! Thanks again!

 

@MsRichelleGrace : Haha. Thanks for the comments! Seriously, I appreciate it! It makes my day! Anyway, here’s the update. And I’m sorry that its late. But I hope you’ll still enjoy it! Keep the love coming! Thanks again!

 

@twinklingconfusion: Aww, thanks for liking the updates and commenting! I’m glad you enjoy the story so much! Haha. How about this update? Does it disappoint you? Oh well, keep the love and comments coming! Thanks a million!

 

@Lisa1134: Here’s the update! Sorry about the previous chap’s ending. Well, does this chap make for it? Or are you disappointed? Anyway, thanks a million for reading and commenting! Keep it coming! I’ll feel boosted to write! Thanks again!

 

@roreen_kyu: Yeay! I’m glad you enjoy the previous chap so much! What about this chap then? It’s not as good, but still, hope you’ll enjoy it! And thanks a million for your support! Totally love it! Makes me all energetic again! And thanks for waiting too! Keep the love coming! Love ya for that! Thanks again!

 p.s : did i miss out any comments? i hope not. =P

Other readers, feel free to comment, ‘cause your opinions matter a lot! I swear!

Anyways, thanks for reading!

 

20100828