A Misplaced Fish and Empty Head.

Loving In Another Shoe

-동 해.DONG HAE-

This is it.

It’s time.

I’m on my suicidal mission. Together with my partner, today, the fish and the anchovy are going to go suicidal and later would be buried deep in the seabed. Perhaps the sharks and dolphins would pass by and give us their honours at our graves in the seabed.

Smack.

Okay, okay. Time to get serious.

“Hyukie, you ready?”

Smack again.

Ouch. That one is from Hyuk.

“Yah! Why do you sound like we’re going into war and never going to come back?!” Hyuk shouted softly.

“Aisy. That hurts. No wonder my brain is not growing. You guys keep smacking my head!”

Then I continued.

“Aww, come on. You’re actually excited to do this, aren’t you? Hehehe.” I asked him.

Suddenly I receive a tight hug.

“Hehe. Then, why are you even asking anymore? Let’s go! Time is too precious to be wasted now!” Hyukie said after releasing the hug.

Haha. Well, I guess I chose the right person to contribute in my share of crime. Great work, Donghae!

Time for some action. Time to get serious. Time to carry all the weapons.

And by getting into action, being serious and carrying weapons here would mean, both of us, getting ready to wake up Hae Rin, being serious about killing ourselves and the weapons would of course, consist of water guns, and some other important stuffs.

“Erk, Hae yah! When are you going to be done with talking to yourself in your mind? Let’s go, fishy!” Hyuk pulls my sleeve.

Oh, right.

Now, time to open the main gate to enter the house.

PAUSE.

Uh oh, Houston, we have a problem here.

I forgot the code to open this gate. Come on, come on. Donghae, try remembering the code.

Geez, how long has it been since you last came here Donghae, until you forget the code to open this gate? Aisy.

Okay, people. We’re not trying to break into the house, since Hae Rin’s parents allow me to go into their house. But now, I seem to forget the code to open the main gate.

Think.

Think. Think hard.

I’m thinking. I’m thinking.

Still thinking.

Aisy, who thought that a suicidal mission would be so hard?

Then, suddenly…

“OUCH!” Urgh. I think a bus just landed on top of my head. Seriously, this fish head of mine is really going to break apart one day.

“Yah! What are you still doing outside?! I thought you were the one who asked me to join this mission of yours, but why do you look like you’re the one who doesn’t know what to do? Aisy, this fish! And bring my shoe back in here.” Hyukie said from the other side of the gate after throwing his left shoe at my precious head.

Aisy. That anchovy. Can’t he think of other LIGHTER items to throw at me? Like a feather maybe?

Wait.

He’s already inside? While I’m still outside the gate, trying to figure out the code?

Did Hyuk already figure out the code to open this gate?

Don’t tell me, my anchovy is a code-hacker? Whoah. Is that his other self, apart from dancing and rapping and watching s? Cool.

Just then, another shoe hits my arm.

I’m still perplexed on how Hyuk got in, while still standing outside, being thrown with another stinky shoe.

“Donghae ah! The gate is open. It’s not even locked. Aisy. Come on!” Hyuk said.

It’s not locked?

And why did I even try to kill all my fish cells just to remember the code?

What a smarty pants, Donghae.

I pick up Hyuk’s shoes (I might have to fumigate my hands a hundred times after this for touching his deathly shoes), and walk through the unlocked gate.

Okay, now we can start the mission.

Dumdum dumdumdumdum dumdumdumdum dumdumdum. Can you hear it? Oh, I can already hear the music of 007 in my head now.

Fine, fine. Let’s just hurry to Hae Rin’s room now.

Wow. It’s quiet here.

Probably only a few maids are awake, and they must be preparing food in the kitchen now. So I don’t think they’ll notice me. And hey, what if they do? The maids love me! Or else, how do you guys think I get my supplies of Hae Rin’s shoes. I know, I know. There’s no one who doesn’t love the fish.

It’sjust that lately I’ve been busy and didn’t have a chance to contact the maids. That’s why I’ve been out of Hae Rin’s shoes supplies.

“Hyuk, this way.” I whispered to Hyuk while walking towards Hae Rin’s room..

“Err, Hae. I’m excited as you are, but you’re giving me the creeps with all this whispering and being in war-mode thingy again.” Hyuk said.

Oops. Well, I guess I am over-excited. Hihi.

Tip-toeing.

Tip-toeing.

Tip-toeing.

And…

HALT!

Something just caught my eye.

Isn’t that, wait, isn’t that…

That’s…

THAT’S HAE RIN’S SHOES CLOSET!

Here’s my chance to get my supply of Hae Rin’s shoes! Oh, oh. This is such a beautiful chance. Thank you god!

“Hyuk. Pit stop.” I point towards Hae Rin’s shoes closet.

“What the… What’s in there?” Hyuk asked.

I hurry to the closet and open the closet door, and oh boy!

Heaven again!

Shoes of different colours and designs are neatly arranged in there! Okay, people who don’t know me well might look at this situation like I’m some kind of weird male fish being obsessed with girl’s shoes. Erk, weird.

I grab some shoes and put it into my bag. Just enough supply to blackmail Hae Rin for about a month or two. Genius Donghae, genius.

But something seems different in this array of shoes.

There are two pairs of normal sport shoes, looking very old. It’s not in a bad condition, but it’s not in its best either. From the way I see it, it’s definitely not the type of shoes that Hae Rin would buy. I don’t think it’s branded or expensive either.

“Donghae ah. Hurry up. Or else we won’t get the chance to do our mission.” Hyuk’s excited voice shakes the thought off my head. Wow. He really is excited.

Well, let’s hurry then. I’ll just think about the odd shoes later.

I pick up my bag and walk towards Hae Rin’s room with Hyuk following me.

This is it. This is her room.

I pull the door knob to test if it’s locked or not.

Pheww. Not locked.

I push the door a little slowly. Boy, her room is dark.

It’s almost 7, isn’t the sun supposed to shine through the windows into her room now? Is the sun being lazy today? Or is the sun on strike? Not wanting to shine for today?

Smack.

Oh, right. Now I remember.

The curtain in her room is always thick and dark-coloured, enough to block the sunlight and make her room totally dark. Usually the maids will push the curtain to let the sunlight in when it’s time to wake Hae Rin up.

“Wow. Why is it so dark in here? I can’t see a thing.” Hyuk asked.

“Here.” I handed him a small torchlight.

“You brought torchlight?! How long have you been preparing for this? One thousand fish year?” Hyuk seems to be surprised.

“Well, what can you say? I’m a fully prepared fish!” I said proudly while smiling from ear to ear.

“You know what, this darkness can be even more fun. In case Hae Rin wakes up angrily, we can just run away quickly without having her to see our faces!” Hyuk suggested.

“Cool! My love is a genius too!” I give him a high-five.

Both of us use our torchlight to light the path to her bed. This is going to be fun. I can’t wait to see her face covered with her drool.

Slowly. Quietly. Slowly. Quietly.

STOP.

“Hyuk, I think she’s still asleep. Look.” I said to Hyuk.

Both of our eyes are now on Hae Rin sleeping on the bed. Well, not exactly. Actually, Hae Rin’s body is fully covered with her blanket, from head to toe. It’s a sleeping habit of hers. You know, like how Shindong hyung always sleep with no clothes at all, Hae Rin on the other hand, sleeps with her blanket covering her from head to toe.

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let the show begins!” Hyuk said, loud enough for me to hear, but not loud enough to wake Hae Rin up.

We put our bags on the floor and start to take out our weapons.

“Are you ready, my lovely fish?”

“Whenever you are, my anchovy.”

“It’s time to go suicidal.”

“Which one should we use first?” I asked, referring to which weapons we should use first.

Hyuk scavenges the bag containing our weapons. Suddenly, his eyes becomes round and his pupils dilate.

“Yah Lee Donghae! Isn’t this my massager? The one that a fan gave me?! No wonder I couldn’t find it!” Hyuk whispered in shock. Kekeke. Well, I guess I kind of forgot to tell him that I borrowed his mini-massager. Hey, blame my memory.

“Hehe. Your mini-massager looks very comforting. I was just wondering if it can massage my fish muscles.” I answered.

“Aisy. Since when does a fish learns how to rob other’s stuff? Chincha. Well, let’s just use it then.” Hyuk whispered, being careful that Hae Rin doesn’t wake up just yet. Well, not until we wake her up using these weapons.

“Just put it on her head. I’m sure her brain is going to give her a vibrating dream if you put the massager there. Haha.” I presented my theory. Well, what do you think of my theory? Better than Newton’s Law of Gravity, right?

Hyuk pushes the ‘ON’ button on his mini-massager and the small machine starts to vibrate. Hyuk put it on Hae Rin’s head which is still, fully covered with her blanket. Hyuk and I use our Herculean effort to restrain our laughs.

Oh, boy.

I wonder how she’ll react when she feels the vibration from the massager.

Kekekeke.

The massager is on her blanket-covered head now.

Anytime now. Anytime.

She would be shocked from her dream when she feels the vibration I tell you.

Anytime now.

Hyuk and I look at each other.

“Err, Hyukie ah? Do you think she’s dead? She’s not moving a bit!” I asked.

Smack.

Ouch. That hurts, Hyuk!

“Yah, probably she’s just sleeping deeply, that it’s hard to wake her up. Well, this gives us more chance to try other weapons then!” The optimistic Hyuk answered.

He does have a point there!

Aww, my anchovy knows how to be a genius when he’s excited to wake up people!

“So, let’s try Kangin hyung’s other methods?” I suggested.

“How about method #29 – Lesson 10?” Hyuk said.

I just nod while grinning widely.

“Okay. So, who’s going to be the voice?” I asked.

Basically, we’re just trying to use Kangin hyung’s method. He taught us to whisper to the one who’s sleeping, and sort of like ‘enter’ their dream. So, we just have to say something freaky to the sleeping Hae Rin, so she would have nightmares and immediately wake up.

Do you understand it now?

If you don’t, you can contact Eeteuk and Kangin Academy of Waking Up People. I’m sure they can entertain your questions.

“I’ll try it first.” I volunteered.

With the help of my torchlight, I move closer to Hae Rin’s blanket-covered head, but I didn’t remove her blanket. I’ll just whisper it from out of the blanket.

“Ehem, ehem. Testing, testing. Testing voice, 1, 2, 3.” I clear my throat.

Smack.

Yup. You can bet it’s from Hyuk.

What? I need to test my voice first before I give Hae Rin a nightmare. Does that deserve a smack too?

I move closer to her.

“Hae Riinnnnn. Hae Riinn ahh. Huuu… This is your shoe~~~~~~. Don’t you remember me~~~? The first shoe that you carelessly took care of~~. How could you let me fall into the handsome Donghae’s hands~~~~? Do you know the pain I suffered~~~? Hae Riinnn. Hae Rinnn ahh.. You’re going to pay for not taking good care of me~~~. Hae Riiinn~~~~.”

What do you think? I used my coarse, ghostly voice to give her a nightmare! Cool, huh?

I’m sure she’s going to jump straight up from the bed upon hearing that. Oh, boy. I wonder if her shoes that were tortured in my hands really appear in her nightmares? Well, as long as they don’t appear in my nightmares, I’m still going to give her shoes death penalty.

Hyuk elbows me.

“Yah, Hae ah. Now, I’m wondering if she’s dead or not. She’s not moving an inch!” Hyuk said.

Okay, now it’s my turn to smack his head.

Smack.

“Ouch. Yah, what’s that for?!” Hyuk asked while rubbing his head in the darkness.

“Well, you smacked me when I asked if Hae Rin is dead. So now, I just smack you back for asking if Hae Rin is dead. Simple. Kekeke.” I answered proudly while patting myself.

“Aisy. This pabo.”

Well, it is kind of weird that Hae Rin isn’t awake yet.

Let’s use Eeteuk’s hyung other methods then. Method #84 – Lesson 3.

The water splash.

And you can bet that it’s not going to be us just splashing the water on her. We’re going to splash the water, of course, but not from the bottle. We’re going to splash it from our mouth. Or you can specify it by saying, spitting the water from our mouth.

This is going to be great!

Wait. How many times have I said that already?

Oh, well.

I hand Hyuk one bottle of water, while I take put another bottle of water for myself.

“Ready? We’ll go together, on 3.” I said. Hyuk nods excitedly.

We gulp the water into our mouths, but hold it in there, not swallowing it down our throat.

Since we can’t talk with the water full in our mouth, I just use my hand to show the counting to Hyuk.

Hana. I put up one finger in front of my torchlight, so that Hyuk can see it.

Dul.

Set.

And, here goes the water spitting on Hae Rin!

GULP.

Erk.

Oopss. I think I accidentally swallowed the water!

What? This mission is making me thirsty you know!

Hyuk looks at me with his mouth still full of water, perplexed on why I haven’t spit water on Hae Rin yet. He gives me the ‘what the hell’ look.

“Mian, mian. I swallowed the water.”

Hyuk swallowed the water in his mouth too so that he can talk.

“Aisy, you fish. Haven’t you swallowed enough water in the sea already?” Hyuk asked sarcastically.

“Yah! You’re a fish too! An anchovy!”

“Let’s start again. I’ll count.” Hyuk said.

Both of us gulp the water, and hold it in our mouth.

Hana. Hyuk shows the counting with his left hand while his right is holding the torchlight.

Dul.

Set.

“PURGFHHHHHH!!!” There goes the water splashing!

Half of the blanket that’s covering Hae Rin is already wet with water plus spits from our mouth. Whoah. We did a hell of a job there! Who knew our mouth could hold so much water?!

Three claps for us!

But disappointment comes visiting right after.

Hae Rin is still not waking up! What the hell did this devil do last night that she sleeps so deeply and is not waking up even if Hyuk and I are trying to kill ourselves to wake her up?

Hyuk and I look at each other. Both of us are confused on why Hae Rin is still not waking up.

“I think we need to use our ultimate weapon.” Hyuk suggested.

“I totally agree with you, anchovy!” This devil is not even showing signs of waking up!

The ultimate method. The method that is carved in The Golden Book of Eeteuk and Kangin Academy of Waking Up People. Method #99 – Lesson 100.

The siren.

We don’t care if the maids hear us after this. The look on Hae Rin’s face when she wakes up because of this siren is going to be so precious!

“Ready?” Hyuk asked, holding the small siren in his hand. That thing may be small, but the sound it produces once you push the button, urgh, even a cop’s car siren can’t match to it. Don’t even think of asking where we got this thing. Ask Yesung hyung. Or better, ask his turtle.

I nod, saying that I’m ready. Here we go.

Hyuk points the siren towards Hae Rin and presses the button on the small siren tool.

“TTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Even I, myself cover my ears with my hands. The sound is not so loud, but it’s definitely high-pitched and pierce through your ears. Hyuk frowns upon hearing the sound.

I’m not sure if the maids can hear this, since we closed the door.

Hyuk and I focus on Hae Rin.

And, and …

SHE’S STILL NOT WAKING UP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

What the…

“Okay, Hyuk. You can’t smack me for saying this, but I’m positive she’s dead!”

“This time, I agree with you fishy!”

Just then, I hear the sound of a door opening. And no, it’s not the bedroom door.

The sound of a door opening is the bathroom’s door, which is inside the bedroom. I know that, because I know the location of the bathroom in Hae Rin’s room.

Hyuk and I both turn towards the bathroom, and could see a female silhoutte coming out of there.

Erk. A female coming out of the bathroom? What if, she’s just wearing towels?! Or worst, if she’s not wearing anything?! Uh, oh.

Suddenly, my eyes are covered. No, of course not with my own hands. I think it’s Hyuk’s.

Automatically, my hands reach out for Hyuk’s head and cover his eyes using my hands.

“Yah, Hyukie ah. Why are you covering my eyes?”

“Hae ah. You shouldn’t see things like this. Why are you covering my eyes, then?”

“Yah, Hyuk. You already watched a lot. I don’t think you need to see this one.”

Well, of course I’m not going to let him look at Hae Rin who’s coming out from the bathroom!

“Hae ah, I think we just wasted our energy and weapons for nothing.”

“You’re right, Hyukie ah. All of that excitement for nothing.”.

Yes, we finally realize that the ‘Hae Rin’ on the bed, the one that we did our missions to wake her up on, is not really a human. I think since it’s dark in here, we assume it’s Hae Rin. Thinking about it again, I think the sleeping ‘Hae Rin’ is actually pillows and teddy bears covered in blanket! Hae Rin loves to do that! Sometimes she likes to prank the maids!

Smack.

Why didn’t you remember about that when you notice that Hae Rin isn’t waking up a bit before, Donghae?

What a waste of enthusiasm and weapons.

“What are you guys doing here?” She said.

My heart suddenly beats a thousand times faster. What the hell?

Why am I being like this?! I mean, don’t tell me I’m nervous because Hae Rin is standing there, just coming out from the bathroom.

No, no. I’m not a erted fish, okay? Aisy. Why is my heart beating like this?

Come on, heart. Why are you beating so fast now? Can’t you slow it down for a bit? I’m going to have a heart attack here!

“Hae ah, let go of your hands from my eyes.” Hyuk said.

Right. We’re still standing in the dark here, covering each other’s eyes with our hands.

“Hyukie, you let go of your hands from my eyes first.” I said.

“No, you first!”

“You first!”

“You!”

“You!”

“Fine. Together then.”

===========================================================
-규 현.KYU HYUN-

I’m positive that’s Hae Rin. I don’t think my eyes are playing with me. Are they?

Rub. Rub. I rub my eyes a few times.

Ouch. I think I rubbed too much. My eyes are a little sore now. Aisy.

And…

Huh? She’s gone?

Probably she already went into the church. Should I go in too? But why should I? I don’t even know her well. We’re not even close to each other. I mean, whenever we spoke to each other nowadays, it always ends up in us fighting and verbal abusing each other. And the kiss…

Smack. Punch. Smack. Punch, punch, punch.

Some more punches.

Urgh. Stupid genius brain! Why suddenly bring out the kiss part? Aisy. I’m going to need to undergo a brain transplant. I wonder if there’s any Albert Einstein’s great grandchildren that wants to donate his brain to me?

Hello, is there?

Back to the topic here, Kyu.

I’m still walking back and forth at the park, wondering if I should check out what’s happening in there. I guess I’ve been wondering for a few minutes already now. Aisy, Cho Kyu Hyun. Since when does making up your mind is so difficult?

Maybe I should ask someone’s opinion. Asking for opinions is a good act, right?

“Excuse me, ahjumma. Do you think I should go to that funeral?” The cleaner worker ahjumma looks a bit startled to hear my question.

What? Is it that weird to hear someone asks you about a funeral early in the morning at the middle of a beautiful park?

The cleaner ahjumma just ignores me and continues doing her work.

Fine. I’ll ask for another opinion then.

“Excuse me. Do you think I should go to that funeral?” I asked.

He just keeps quiet. Looking at me with those round eyes of his. Come on, answer me. Why are you staring at me like that? I want an opinion here.

“Yah. Don’t just be quiet. Answer me here.” I continued.

He just stays like before. Being silent and stares at my face. Okay, okay. I know my face is just too perfect, but does he have to stare at this flawless god’s creation like that for a long time?

“Hello. I think I just asked you a question before.” He’s still being silent.

Suddenly, I hear a female voice.

“Yah! What are you doing?! Get away from my grandson!!!” The old woman shouted at me.

She dares to shout at me? Doesn’t she know who I am? What did I do? I simply asked her grandson a question. And I can say that her grandson is rude, since he didn’t answer my question.

“Crazy people.” The old woman said and pushes her grandson’s stroller and walks away with the baby in it.

What? How am I supposed to know the baby in the stroller can’t talk yet? It’s not my fault the baby didn’t learn to talk fast. Besides, I’m just asking opinions from people of a wide age range. Totally not my fault.

Okay. I think it’s already been fifteen to twenty minutes since I’ve been talking to myself.

I look at the small church again. Hae Rin’s car is still parked there. I guess she’s still in there.

I was still looking at the small church when suddenly a familiar figure catches my eyes.

Changmin?

That Changmin?

Why in the world is he here? Doesn’t he have anywhere else to go to? Like checking out hot girls at a café or something?

How is he related to Hae Rin? I don’t think they’re that close. Is it someone that they know who passed away? But who?

“Kyu ah!”

I turn to look towards the direction that the voice comes from.

“Yah, Kyu ah!” Changmin shouted. He notices me there.

I wanted to cross the road, to go to where he is standing, but he gives me a signal so that I would stop, and he walks towards me instead.

So many questions in my head. I think the nerves in my brain are going to shut down anytime because of too many thinking processes going on.

“Hey, Casanova! Haven’t seen you for a while. What are you doing here?” I guess that’s a casual greeting, right?

“Hey, monster tongue. I’m actually wondering what are you doing here?” Changmin asked.

Okay. Apart from Changmin’s name –calling me, he doesn’t sound like his usual self. Is it someone he’s very close to who passed away? He looks really sad. And thanks to my super sharp eyes, I notice Changmin’s eyes are a little teary, like he just cried.

Wait. I must be kidding myself. Changmin? Crying? Seems like that’s hard to believe.

“I thought you’re in Japan. Are you on vacation?” I asked him.

“Erk. Ehm. I got here yesterday, just a short break. The manager called, he said I have to go back there today. My flight is just a few hours away. I have to get going now, actually.” Changmin replied.

Okay. That’s totally different. He didn’t even use a single word to tease me or anything. Usually when both of us have conversations, we would always be trying to oppose each other’s words, and tease each other.

“Well, I’ve got to go now. See you later.” Changmin waves at me and starts to pace away.

“Hold it.” I said.

Changmin stops his steps and turns back at me.

“Okay, Casanova. Sorry for taking your time, but you know how curious I can get. I know I saw Hae Rin going into that church. And I know you just came out of the same church too. So, what’s actually going on, here?” Okay. I know I sound totally like an investigator here, but hey, who can blame my curiosity? I just want to know.

Changmin looks a bit startled but his expression changes into a calm one rapidly.

“You do like wasting people’s time, monster tongue.” Changmin smirks.

Looks like he’s trying to avoid the question.

Before I could say anything more, he continued.

“I’m sure your brain figures out there’s a funeral here. My close friend, she,…ehm, she passed away. And, Hae Rin, she’s, she’s a close friend to my friend too.” He explained.

A close friend of Hae Rin passed away? Who? I didn’t even thought that Hae Rin has other friends besides Donghae hyung and other members. And that friend is also Changmin’s friend? Why does none of us knows about that?

“Hae Rin’s too?” I asked, just to confirm that I didn’t hear wrongly.

Changmin nods his head and looks at his watch. After thinking deeply for a moment, he looks at me.

“Yah, Kyu ah. Like I said, that’s Hae Rin’s friend too. She’s as sad as ever. And I think, it’s good if you can be by her side. I don’t think you need to comfort her, what with that monster-tongue of yours. Just, be by her side. I would do it, but I need to go now. I’m already late.” Changmin said.

WHAT?! ME?!

“Yah. Like you don’t know. I’m not even close to her. What do you expect me to do? I think it’s better to call Donghae hyung.” I suggested.

Changmin just smirks at my suggestion.

“Just, go in there and find her. And DON’T even think of starting a fight with her. I’ve heard about you and Hae Rin starting to fight quite often nowadays. But, since you fight a lot, probably you guys are actually getting closer. Well, got to go now. See you man.” Changmin paces away without me being able to say any words against him. I watch him get into his car until it disappears from my sight.

“Just go in there and be there.” Huh? I’m positive that’s not my voice. Nuh-uh. My voice is super y and hot, just like me. This voice that I heard instead, is rather, an old, hoarse voice. No offence.

I look towards the owner of the voice.

Oh, it’s the cleaner worker ahjumma before.

“Excuse me. Did you just said that I should go in there?” I asked the ahjumma back. Did she hear my conversation with Changmin?

And again, that ahjumma ignores me and continues doing her work. Aisy. This ahjumma is one frustrating ahjumma.

Fine. I’ll go to that funeral.

Since I’m a perfectly kind-hearted and well-mannered plus handsome guy, I guess I should go console one of my acquaintances. Even if she’s a devil.

Here goes.

As I walk into the church, a sad ambience envelopes me. There aren’t many people here, I guess there’re only close friends and relatives. But most of them are already leaving, I guess since everyone has to go to work or school.

I suddenly feel like I shouldn’t be here. I mean, all of this people know the person who passed away, while I’m just here to find Hae Rin and do what Changmin asks me to do.

As I walk more into the church, I can see the coffin.

There’s Hae Rin. But, she doesn’t look as sad as how Changmin described. I was expecting swollen eyes with lots of tears and a runny nose. But, she seems so composed. Is that really her? Or is it that Changmin’s eyes are getting bad, that he can’t even differentiate a sad expression and a calm one?

She just stands beside the coffin, and look towards the body. The guy that I saw before, the one that came together with Hae Rin, just sits at a bench while watching Hae Rin.

I take a seat at an empty bench at the back.

Well, you can say that I have absolutely no idea on what to do. I mean, if Hae Rin is crying hard, maybe the least I can do is give her a tissue or something. That’s what a gentleman like me is supposed to do, agree?

But there she is, with a calm face and being so silent. What am I supposed to do now?

Aisy.

Almost everyone is gone now, except for Hae Rin, the guy she came with, an old couple, probably the parents of the person who passed away and also a few other person, maybe the closest relative.

The old couple approaches Hae Rin, and so did the other guy. There’s a brief conversation between them, but soon after, Hae Rin and the other guy bows to the old couple and bid their farewell. The old lady of the couple pulls Hae Rin into a hug, crying hard on her shoulders, but Hae Rin just stay calm and hugs her back. She says a few word to the old lady, probably to calm her down, but I’m not sitting close enough to them to hear what they’re saying.

Finally, they part. Hae Rin and the guy makes their way to the exit. I guess they’re not going to watch the body being buried later.

As they are nearing the exit, the guy’s eyes meet mine. And you can bet that he looks a bit startled. Does he know me?

Slap.

Purfhh, what am I saying? Of course he knows me. Who in the world doesn’t know Cho Kyu Hyun?

Smack.

Okay, okay. Now’s not the time for that.

That guy elbows Hae Rin who is still walking towards the exit, who’s not noticing my presence there. Hae Rin stops her steps and look towards that guy with a perplexed expression.

Then Hae Rin turns her gaze towards me, and our eyes meet.

Shoots.

Come on, eyes. Move it. Move your gaze from Hae Rin.

Snap out of it, Kyu!

Why are you staring at her like you haven’t seen her for a long time? It’s just yesterday that you guys meet each other and kiss…

Smack. Smack. More smacking. Punch. Punch. More punching.

Why the hell did my brain bring up about the kiss? Again?!

Now I’m positive that I need a brain transplant.

“You?” I was just about to take out my phone to call my doctor to arrange a brain transplant procedure for me, when I hear Hae Rin says that word.

“Erk, yeah. Me?” I said.

Okay, first, my brain goes crazy by bringing up about the kiss. Second, my eyes are having a strike against my body by staring at Hae Rin like an idiot. And now, my mouth is betraying me by saying stupid words like that? ‘Erk, yeah. Me?’ What the hell was that, Kyu?!

Maybe a brain transplant is not enough. Maybe I should go commit suicide and request that I can go back to this world in another, better body.

Don’t get me wrong here. I totally love my body. The handsome face, perfect y voice, muscular body (hey, it’s almost the truth). Everything is there. It’s just that when it comes to Hae Rin, my whole body and mind seems like they have a few wires disconnected in them.

Yup. I totally blame Hae Rin on this. Totally.

Uhm.

Okay.

What do I do now? After I’m already done lecturing to myself about my body, what should I do now? I mean, should I just leave after I’ve met Hae Rin?

Should I? Or should I not? To go, or not to go? That is the question.

Ergh.

Why are you being so dramatic here, Kyu?

Well, Changmin said I need to be there for Hae Rin, and what do you know? Here I am!

But she doesn’t even look sad, let alone crying! So I guess, I should just, go now, right?

Right?

“Urm.” I said.

“Urm.” Hae Rin said at the same time.

Now what?

===========================================================
-해 린.HAE RIN-

Shoots!

What the hell is HE doing here?!

===========================================================
-하 영.HA YOUNG-

This can’t be?

What the hell is HE doing here?!

===========================================================
A/N : SORRY!!!!!! Yep, that’s the first thing I know I should say. I’m really sorry guys. I know I promised that I would at least update once a week, but I just broke that promise last week. It’s been almost 2 weeks since I last updated! I’m so sorry. I just couldn’t find the time to write. But trust me, I’m not abandoning this story, it’s just, I had tons of work to be completed. I know, I know. I totally blame my school works.
Well, I apologize so much. *bows*
And, just to make up for it, I wrote this chapter slightly longer. Well, I don’t know if it’s longer or not, but I hope you guys would still enjoy it! Really! I miss you guys!!!
So, sorry for any typing or grammar error. I’m too lazy to correct it.
Anyway, hope you guys will still follow the story and enjoy it!
Comment, okay? So that I know you guys are still there, despite me being a terrible writer here.