When The Devil Gets A Heart Attack.

Loving In Another Shoe

-동 해.DONG HAE-

Weird.

Strange.

Odd.

Confusing.

What?

Okay, I know a fish's vocabulary is not wide and consists mainly of sea creatures and sea names. So, do you have any other words to add, related to 'weird', 'strange', 'odd', and 'confusing'?

It's already been a day after Christmas, but my mind still can't let go of a few things. I still think about the girl that looked freakingly the same like Hae Rin at the foster home we visited on Christmas.

I know what you're thinking. It could be just another girl that happens to look like Hae Rin, right? But I've got a counter argument for that.

From the basic rules and principles in the sea life, when girls see me, they run towards me. Simple. But when that girl I saw at the foster home saw me, she ran away. See how that totally collides with the basic rules and principles in the sea life? Weird, isn't it?

And she was walking in between 2 guys, one of them is Changmin. When I asked Changmin about the girl he was walking with, he said that's his old friend. He didn't even realized that girl was gone until I asked him.

So then, after that girl disappeared, I text messaged Hae Rin, asking her where she was. She replied, with a bit of anger in her tone, that she was having dinner with her family. Guess I interrupted their dinner, huh? Well, I hope they weren't having fish for dinner.

I haven't seen her for a few days, but I think I'm missing her. The busy schedules we're having this winter hinders me from seing her a lot.

Now I understand the saying, 'you'll only value something once it's gone.'

I guess she does have a meaning in my life, huh?

So maybe I've always liked her?

Urgh. Sometimes I think my brain is thinking straight, but sometimes, I just think my brain needs more sea water to breath in.

When I say I miss, her, I really do. But she just doesn't seem like herself lately, what with the getting sick easily and messing with Kyu. So now I wonder, am I losing interest in her?

Argh.

Warning. Too much thinking can damage a fish's brain.

Warning. Warning.

May self-destruct any seconds now. Warning.

And why is manager hyung still not responding about the mental hospital thing? Or even the large aquarium with sharks?

I guess I'll go build myself a pond with anchovies in it then.

===========================================================
-하 영.HA YOUNG-

"Hae Rin ah, how long can I enjoy peace in this house until I have to visit the hell again?" I asked Hae Rin who seems to know everything about their schedules.

"The schedule says that they're free on New Year's Eve and only a few have schedules on New Year's day. You want to visit them then?" Hae Rin looks at me, waiting for me to make my decision.

"Can I just go see them on New Year's Day and sleep during New Year's Eve?" I seriously need the rest from the shock of seing Super Junior in my real life. I didn't tell Hae Rin about it. I guess she doesn't have to worry about it.

"Great! You can celebrate with me then! We'll go online shopping, take pictures and make countdowns together. Maybe I can get some fireworks in the house too since we can't just go out." Okay, you know what? I seriously believe that god doesn't want the word peaceful to ever exist in my dictionary of life.

If the Super Junior guys tried to kill me by being abusive and all, Hae Rin is trying to kill the both of us by setting the house on fire with fireworks.

I can hear the grave already calling my name.

Then both our phones screamed. Okay, not literally. A text message came actually.

'There better be a devil with short legs in our dorm on New Year's Eve.'

You don't need a genius to know it's from Donghae.

Great.

I'm in a dilemma.

Now I have to choose. Do I want to go to grave by getting killed in a fire because of Hae Rin, or do I want to go to grave by getting every piece of my bones to break because of Super Junior? It's really a tough choice.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm beyond thankful to know that I have the power to choose how I would want to die. But seriously, you've got to admit. This is possibly the toughest choice I have to make. Even my mighty brain is having a hard time comparing the two options.

So, what do you think should be it?

Killed in a fire? Killed with broken bones?

Fire? Broken bones?

Hae Rin? Super Junior?

Oh, I know!

My mind's thinking ability is too powerful I tell you.

Why don't I just kill myself? Then both of them don't have to waste their time trying to kill me. It's a win-win situation anyway, right?

How about it?

===========================================================
-규 현.KYU HYUN-

I guess tonight I can finally spoil myself with all the hyungs.

What? It's hard to see all the members gathered in the dorm at the same time nowadays.

After finishing today's schedule, we're going to have a party of our own in the dorm, celebrating the coming new year.

I wonder if Hae Rin will come.

Punch.

Okay, okay. I was just wondering.

She just keeps getting on me nowadays. She's even the one who read out loud to the entire dorm the 'love note' they found in my room when we were cleaning the dorm the other day. Why does she even starts to mess around with me? If she ever gets on my nerves again, I'll knock the daylight and moonlight out of her.

But then again, it was pure fun to see her being so embarassed after realizing that the 'love note' is actually a letter from my sister, Ahra. I haven't seen nuna for a long time since she's busy studying abroad. But I know she never forgets me. Of course, I'm the most perfect dongsaeng!

Whatever.

We'll just see what happens tonight.

===========================================================
-하 영.HA YOUNG-

I should have worn a steel armour.

I should have brought an ear plug along.

I shouldn't even come here in the first place, if it wasn't for Hae Rin begging me to save her shoes, again. Doesn't she know that if the shoes are in Donghae's hand, you just have to give up hope in it?

I guess she still have high hopes that the fish gains humanity or some sort.

Yes, I'm now in the middle of the living room in Super Junnior's dorm. All of them are here. All 13 crazy guys. There's also one girl here. She looks like a barbie doll I tell you, but she's too quiet.

She only hangs around with Sungmin while I'm stuck in the process of breaking my head with pillow-fighting. I think her name is Alyssa. She's a mix Korean-American. She's Sungmin's girlfriend, but of course, the public doesn't know about them. Imagine how crazy the reporters and fans will go. I don't there'll be enough mental institutions to take them in then.

Why don't I see her often you ask me?

The answer is simple. Crazy, retarded Super Junior.

Sungmin doesn't let her come to the dorm unless he invites her to. Do I really need to tell you the reason? Just look at some of the members trying to smash my head here. What do you think is the reason?

"HYUKJAE AH! GO CLEAN YOURSELF FIRST! TAKE A SHOWER!" I didn't know Yesung cared about Hyukjae's hygiene. Maybe it already reached the unbearable state.

"KIBUM AH! WAKE UP. THERE'S ONLY AN HOUR TO GO UNTIL NEW YEAR!" Hankyung uses his wonderful Korean pronounciation to wake Kibum who just got back from shooting his drama.

"KANGIN! WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH THAT?! NOOO! STAY AWAY FROM THE SCISSORS!" Eeteuk is trying to catch Kangin who is running around while holding aloft a boxer with a lot of heart shapes on it.

"YESUNG HYUNG! YOUR TURTLE IS CRYING!" I really wonder if the turtle's tears are green in colour or just plain invisible.

"DEAR DIARY. I MET A HOT CHIC IN THE STUDIO TODAY. YAH KANGIN! WHY DO YOU EVEN WRITE A DIARY?!" Heechul comes into the living room while reading off loudly from a diary he's holding.

"AISYY! THIS GAME IS CHEATING ME!" And let's not forget, Kyuhyun and his games.

"Hae Rin ah! Help me with the food will you?!" Ryeowook calls my name. Here's a chance to escape the pillow fight.

"Yah, guys. The chef is calling me." I said to Shindong and Siwon who are still holding their pillows. I know, you don't believe Siwon is trying to break my head, right? Well, better believe it.

"Wookie ah! Don't ask for her help! She's going to put poison in there!" Yup, Donghae. I understand how much you miss Hae Rin. Really, I do.

"Do you want to help then?" I turn to him to ask the question.

He turns his gaze back to the computer in front of him and said, "No thanks. Better have a poison in the food than a chopped fish in there!"

Good thinking, Donghae.

Ding. Dong.

"Someone get the door! They're here!" Donghae screamed from the middle of the living room. Why don't he get the door himself then? Let me guess. To lazy to swim all the way to the door?

"Who's here?" I asked Ryeowook, who's in the kitchen with me.

"The Dong Bang Shin Ki guys. They have nothing to do tonight, so Donghae hyung invited them to come too." Ryeowook answered while chopping some vegetables.

"Oh, I see."

WHO THE HELL IS DONG..DONG B.. ERGH..I CAN'T EVEN SAY THE NAME?!

Shoots.

I think Hae Rin forgot to tell me about this one.

"Ryeowook ah, I'm going to the bathroom for a sec." And then I run as fast as I could to the bathroom and lock the door.

Just then I heard voices welcoming the guest.

"Hey! You guys are here!"

"Yeah! Haven't seen you for a while."

Great. They're already inside the dorm. I have a phone call to make.

"Hello, Hae Rin ah! I'm so glad you're not dead yet from all the fireworks thing." Okay, Ha Young. This is not the time for stupid remarks.

"What?! Are you okay? Did something happen to you? Or is it about my shoes?" Hae Rin asked. Nope. No time to answer that one.

"Hae Rin ah. There's a few guys who just came in the dorm, but I don't know how many. I haven't seen them yet. I think they are Dong..Dong..Dong something. A Ding Dong maybe? Urgh. I don't know. Hae Rin, I don't think we covered any chapters on them! Help me! Or just kill me!" I really need her help now.

"Oh, shoots. Ha Young ah! I forgot about them. Okay, remember the name first. DONG.BANG.SHIN.KI. Got it? Here's the basic. They're the most popular boy band with 5 members." I focus on Hae Rin's words. Dong Bang Shin Ki. 5 members. Okay, got it.

After living with Super Junior, the number 5 seems so much smaller now.

"Ha Young ah, don't panic. Although they're close to Super Junior, they're very busy, so they don't visit them often. Which means, they don't see me often too. So I don't think they would notice anything different." Hae Rin continued.

"That's a relief. Anything else, Hae Rin?"

"I'll send the pictures with their names after this, so you can recognize them. For now, just get these few informations in your mind. Ready?" Hae Rin asked.

Now, I have to push the switch in my mind to be ultra genius. Geez. I can be a spy like this. I wonder if I can put this replacing job in my resume later.

Smack. Focus, Ha Young.

"Okay, shoot me." Okay, I didn't mean it literally.

"There's a guy named Yunho. He's the leader but he is a bit childish and likes attention. Give some attention to him. Next, there's Jaejoong. He's really motherly and likes to cook, just like Ryeowook. If he gives you food, just take it. And he's the one with a very distinctive laugh."

"AHA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA!"

Just after Hae Rin said about the second guy, I can hear a laugh so different from what I usually hear from the Super Junior guys. It's very unique. You can even distinguish it from other laughters. I wonder if you can train your way of laughing?

"Then there's Yoochun. He's quite cool and knows how to treat people well. You can just act normal with him. Next is Junsu. Okay, he can be weird sometimes and be in his own world, but he's quite cute. He is Hyukjae's best friend, so I think he'll probably hang out with Hyukjae." Hae Rin paused to take a breath. Hey, I don't blame her. With the speed she's talking, I bet a cheetah can't run as fast as her talking.

"Yah, short legs! Are you renovating the bathroom or something? Get out now! They're here!" Donghae voice gave me a shock.

He keeps on knocking the door. I swear if that door can talk, it'll probably be screaming in pain.

"Is that Donghae?" I guess Hae Rin heard him too.

"I guess you better go now. He's not going to stop knocking until you come out." Hae Rin added.

"But that's only 4 guys. What about the last one?" I'm not done with my brainstorming session on another boy band yet.

"Yah Lee Hae Rin! Don't tell me you're playing with cold water in there again!" Urgh. He just won't stop until I get out, does he?

"The last one is the magnae. He's the same age as you and Kyuhyun. I think the door is really going to break soon, Ha Young ah. I'll just text you the extra information on him and you can read it. Now, go before Donghae goes crazy. Good luck!" Hae Rin hangs up.

I think it's for the best. If I don't get out know, people in the whole building are going to try to get me out of this bathroom.

"Yah! Stop banging will you. The door is already complaining." I open the door quickly and get out.

I did say Donghae knocked non-stop on the door before right? Now let's change the 'door' part to 'my forehead'.

"Yah! That hurts!" He's still knocking, but now on my forehead.

"Hahaha." Then he run to the living room and join the others.

Stinky fish. Urgh.

Wow.

I think my eyes got a shock. Now that there're 13 people plus Sungmin's girlfriend and some other guys, the living room looks a whole lot smaller!

"Hae Rin ah! Long time no see. Come play snakes and ladders with us!" I take a look at the first picture message that Hae Rin sent. Yunho. So this is the childish leader. Hae Rin said to give some attention to him.

"Hey! Long time no see you too! I want to play too! But after a while, okay?" He seems happy with my reply and turn back to his game with a few other Super Junior guys.

Then I can hear his exclamation of 'My turn! My turn!' and 'Hey, not fair!. I guess he really is childish then.

Then I look at the second picture that Hae Rin sent. The name under the picture says its Yoochun. This is the cool guy, right?

My eyes search the room to find a familiar face in the living room. Argh. I think I need a GPS system to find someone in this too crowded room.

Ah, there he is.

He's playing games with Kyuhyun and some others. Wow. I didn't know Kyuhyun gets along with anyone other that his Super Junior hyungs.

Okay, Ha Young. It's not the time to be surprised at Kyuhyun or anything.

Right.

Before I could look at my phone to see the next picture, a mannequin caught my eyes.

Smack.

How can a mannequin talk and move like that, Ha Young?

I look at the third picture in my phone. Jaejoong. This got to be the motherly one, right? He always passes the food to the members he's talking to. Seems like he really is a caring person. And his face seems perfect too, like a mannequin.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" Okay, that's awfully weird to hear a guy saying that in English.

I turn to the direction of the voice and see another new face, playing arm wrestling with Hyukjae. I guess this is Hyukjae's best friend then. What's his name again?

I look at my phone again to see the name under his picture. Ah, it's Junsu.

"Oh my god, SLIPPER!" Yes, that Junsu guy said it in English. I wonder why he keeps throwing out random words in English. I don't think slipper has anything to do with arm-wrestling.

I shift my gaze from my phone to him and then I'm able to understand what his remark in English of 'Oh my god, SLIPPER' means.

His elbow slipped when he is arm-wrestling with Hyukjae, and made is possible for that anchovy to win. I guess the table they're using for arm-wrestling is slippery.
Slipper? Slippery? Who would've guess?

"Where's Changmin?" I heard Donghae asked someone.

"In the kitchen." I think it's that childish leader who answered.

Oh, so the name of the magnae of their group is Changmin.

His name reminded me of my childhood friend, Changmin, from the foster home. Argh. I regret that I forgot to take his number.

I turn to my phone again to see what this Changmin looks like from the fifth picture that Hae Rin sent.

No.

It can't be.

The guy in the picture looks a lot like Changmin. Maybe the picture is taken from an angle that makes him look like my friend, Changmin?

There's a message from Hae Rin under the picture.

'Magnae, Changmin. Normal guy. Often says I look like his chilhood friend, but after knowing me a while, he's positive I'm not his childhood friend. Just be normal with him. Nothing much.'

Then someone comes walking out of the kitchen with some more snacks in his hands.

The moment my eyes see him, my phone drops to the floor.

This time, it's really my hands' nerves' fault.

I think my heart dropped into my stomach too.

That really is, my friend, Changmin. My best friend from foster home!

Shoots.

Can he recognize me?

Urgh. Now really isn't the best time to know that my long lost best friend has turned into one of the biggest star in South Korea. I reallly want to be happy for him, but I think the timing is a bit off.

I think the sound of my phone hitting the floor attracted a few guys' attention.

Changmin looks up and gives a smile when he sees me. The same, innocent smile he gave when we were chatting on the hill.

"Oh, Hae Rin! I didn't know you're here too!" He greeted me.

Okay, Ha Young. Relax.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Enough of the breathing. My body is going to blow up with excess oxygen.

"Hey! I didn't know you're coming too!" That's a good reply that I gave, right? I think somewhere in the book on 'How To Talk When In Shock' that I read suggested that. Yup. Another useful book to me.

"We didn't plan on coming either, but Donghae insisted that we came, so, here we are." Changmin replied and takes his seat among the members and starts chatting with them.

Okay, I think he didn't notice anything unusual with 'Hae Rin'.

I pick my phone up(good thing it's not broken) and head to the kitchen. Maybe Ryeowook still needs help with the food. Plus, I'm still too shocked to see Changmin here that I don't have the energy to mingle with the others.

No one's in the kitchen. I guess Ryeowook went to change his clothes.

At least, I can be alone for a while now.

I need to restart my heart. Is there any electrical source I can use here to do that?

Huh.

Good thing those Dong Bang Shin Ki guys can't visit often because they're too busy.

Then suddenly something pops up in my head.

I know, I know. It's a miracle that my brain can still function properly under all this shock.

I just remembered something that Changmin said.

He said Donghae insisted that they come tonight. Why Donghae? Why not Eeteuk as the leader who insists on them coming?

Did that fish really saw me walking beside Changmin at the foster home and figure something out?

But why would he even suspect anything if I have been behaving like the normal Hae Rin?

Can a fish's brain think about stuff that complicated?

Is there a school in the sea that trains fishes to think deeply? Very, very deeply?

Argh. Pain in my brain. To whom am I directing these questions anyways?

Suddenly someone taps lightly on the back of my neck, making me jump in shock a bit. What? The back of my neck is sensitive.

I turn to see who is the one trying to collapse my heart again.

"You." That's the first word he said.

===========================================================
A/N: First of all, I'm sorry if it's quite late and lame. I already typed this chapter but somehow there's a problem with the connection when I press 'submit' and taddaa! I lost the whole chapter. So, I had to rewrite it back.
You cay say my fingers exercised a lot today.
Anyway, hope you still enjoy reading it!
Apologies for errors.
And do leave a comment. Even a word is fine. I'll be waiting for it!
Thanks again for reading! Love you guys!