Two

My Revolving (Ex-)Boyfriend


Two
My Revolving (Ex-)Boyfriend


"What?"

I gawked at Kris, utterly flabbergasted as my jaw dropped to the boardwalk planks below me. This was not how I had planned our date to go. He was supposed to get down on one knee. He was supposed to pull a little black box out of his pocket and pop it open and wow me with a romantic speech about how our love was built to last a lifetime. How could he need space at a time like this?

"I'm sorry," he mumbled with a casual shrug. "I just need some time alone."

"But you just introduced me to your parents last week!" I defended, stamping my feet indignantly.

"I know, but I've spent some time thinking it over since then, and—and you're just too clingy."

Clingy? I blinked rapidly in disbelief, tears stinging my eyes. How was I clingy? Admittedly, I had spent the whole date latched tightly onto his arm, but I thought he liked that. All day long, he hadn't shown a single sign that he wanted to break up with me. As a matter of fact, his hands and lips were all over my body while we rode on that pitch-black haunted house ride, and he was the one who called me six times the night I went out with my girlfriends just to make sure I wasn't going home with someone else. If anyone was clingy, it was him.

"You... You..." I struggled to find words and finally burst into full-blown waterworks as tears began gushing down my cheeks. I snatched the uneaten cotton candy right out of his hand and started slapping him hard on the side of the head with it.

"YOU—"

Thwap.

"STUPID—"

Thwap.

"—"

Thwap.

I shoved the wad of pink fluff in his face and reeled around on my heels, rubbing my red eyes furiously as tears continued pouring out of them like raging rapids. God damn it. Why hadn't I thought ahead and worn waterproof mascara today?

Sensing my very, very evident state of distress, Kris placed his big, firm hands on my shoulders in what I could only guess was meant as a comforting gesture. I tried to shrug him off, but his fingers remained firmly planted on my blouse.

"I'm really sorry, Hanbyul," he sighed, and I could feel his hot, sugary breath sweep past my ear. "We can still be friends."

Friends? Kris Wu had singlehandedly ruined all my hopes and dreams, singlehandedly ruined the delicate love we had spent two years together making, and he thought we could be friends? After all he had just put me through? We didn't even have anything in common!

"I'd rather eat your , you big, fat, dirty ert!"

Arms flailing, I took off running down the boardwalk, not glancing back for even a second. I could only hope everyone turned to stare at that stupid, stupidly handsome blond with his face full of cotton candy. I could only hope he burned with humiliation.