The Day Before

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7O_9ykdlZM

Exo-M- Into your world

-------

The day before the wedding, Kris and Bomi decided to take a trip to visit their grandmother. Instead of going to the lake where her ashes had been spread, they decided to go to the beach where it held special memories for all of them.

Bomi looked out the window at the passing scenery. Small drops of rain sprinkled from the sky.

Fingers slipped into her hand, and she tore her gaze from the window.

“I hope it won’t rain at the beach.” Kris said.

Bomi nodded in agreement. But rain or shine, she would go see her grandmother. Nothing would be able to keep her away. Bomi shifted her position in the seat so that she was more comfortable. She rested her head against his shoulder and gripped his hand.

Kris slung his arm over her neck and the skin of her thumb. “This is the first time we take a train trip after we became a couple.” He pointed out.

Bomi smiled softly. She found that amazing as well.

Kris kissed her forehead and then rested his chin on top of her head. The calm of his fingers lulled her to sleep, and she closed her eyes.

Miraculously, the rain stopped by the time they arrived at the beach. The sky was mild and clear of rain clouds. Bomi stepped onto the sand and inhaled the salty scent of the beach. She walked up to the shore, held her arms out, and embraced the feel of the breeze. Bomi tilted her chin back and shut her eyes.

*Grandma, I’m back. This is your last happy memory. Do you remember? Kris oppa suggested we bring you here. You were happy for once in a long time. We built a sandcastle and searched for seashells. We also flew a kite. You found me the perfect conch shell that I keep close to my bed always. You also remembered me and told us that we were meant to be together.*

She felt a hand slide into hers and opened her eyes. Bomi turned her head and locked eyes with her soulmate. She smiled tenderly and squeezed his hand. A warm feeling of tranquility engulfed her. *If not for you grandma, we wouldn’t have connected. You were the reason why he was able to change his impression about me. It was you that brought us together and made us realize we were in love. Thank you.*

“Do you miss your grandmother?” Kris asked. Bomi nodded. “I do. I miss her a lot.”

“Are you still grieving?” He questioned. She shook her head this time. “No, I’m coping better now. I know she’s in a better place now. Who knows? She probably met up with my mom by now.” A small smile played on her lips.

Then Bomi sighed, “I wish she could be there at the wedding and watch me walk down the aisle. It was her dream to see me get married and have a family of my own. Did you know that for my first wedding, she wasn’t able to attend? My stepmom forbid her to come.”

*Terrible woman.* Kris thought. He pulled her close and wrapped his arm around her shoulder comfortingly. “Your grandmother will be there, Bomi. She’ll be watching you from above with your mother.” Kris gently pushed her hair over her shoulder. “I just hope I’m the son-in-law that meets their expectations.”

Bomi softly smiled, touched by his words. “You are.” *And so much more.*

“Is there anything you want to tell your grandma?” Kris softly asked.

Bomi faced the waters. “Grandma…” Her voice trembled with emotions. “It’s me, Bomi. I bet you know that though. You were always wise. You’re looking over me now, aren’t you?” She took a deep breath to control herself. “I finally found someone who I want to commit my whole life to. Tomorrow, I’m getting married with the right man this time. You told us we were a perfect couple, remember? I really love Kris oppa, grandma, and I’m happy I found someone like him. In a way, I think you sent him to me.” His eyes softened, and he squeezed her hand.

“Even if you’re not here anymore, just know that I always think of you. You will never be forgotten, grandma. I love you so much.” Her voice cracked. A gentle breeze blew by, and her eyes welled up with tears. Bomi lowered her head and covered her eyes.

Kris placed his hand on her head and drew her to his chest. He held her securely against his body, and her tears stained his sweater. “Bomi’s grandmother…hello. You probably remember me. I met you a couple times. I’m sorry I couldn’t do more fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter