Separated

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Pfa-t-HEU

Lyn- Love...It's All Lies

-------------------------

Jaejoong was called to the office and was shocked by Mr. Wu’s sudden request.

“You…want to terminate our contract?” Jaejoong asked, his eyes flitted to Kris for confirmation. It looked like life had been out of him. His expression was blank and empty. He didn’t even make eye-contact with Jaejoong.

“Yes. We are going back to China tonight, and we aren’t going to come back here anymore.” Mr. Wu confirmed.

Jaejoong started, “Are you sure that’s what you want? I know there are some public issues right now, but-“

“We are sure, and we won’t change our minds. It’s best that things are solved this way. Our disappearance would do everyone good.” Mr. Wu glanced at Kris, who surprisingly didn’t refute.

*Okay. How did his father manage to brainwash him?* Jaejoong wondered. He had expected Kris to protest and lash out. Instead, he was as docile as a lamb. Jaejoong knew something was off. “Okay, well…if you’re sure…” Jaejoong glanced at Kris, scratched his head, and went to the cabinet in the corner. He pulled out the joint contract declaring the union of Royal Ambassador Resort and Golden Tower. Jaejoong approached Kris and Mr. Wu with uncertainty. “Are you certain that you have to do this? We can come up with another solution-“

“No, we are absolutely sure. Aren’t we, Wu Fan?” Mr. Wu eyed him. Kris somberly nodded.

*Okay something is really wrong here.* Jaejoong thought. He couldn’t deny their right to cease the contract though. They signed the forms and officially ended their joint business. Mr. Wu held out his hand. “It was pleasant doing business with you. I’m sorry for stirring up trouble.” Jaejoong grasped it and shook his head, “There’s no need to apologize. I’m just sorry you have to go back.” Mr. Wu nodded, glanced at Kris, and stalked out of the room without a backward glance.

Kris slowly turned to go.

“Kris.” Jaejoong caught his arm. “Are you really leaving?” He searched Kris’s face for any sign of emotion. “Are you going to leave to China just like that?”

Kris didn’t reply. He couldn’t. What right did he have of obstinately staying back and ruining the life of the girl he loved? To him, that wasn’t love. It was just plain selfishness.

“What about Bomi?” Jaejoong questioned. “She’s hurting right now, Kris. She needs you more than ever. You’re the only one who can put the smile back on her face. If you leave…how is she supposed to endure everything?”

*I don’t want to leave her either. I want to stay by her side until the end. But that would just be what I want. I have to have her best interest in my heart, too.* “She’ll be able to continue.” Kris looked at him. “She has you.” He whispered.

Jaejoong’s face fell. “Kris…”

“I have to go.” Kris headed for the door.

“Don’t you want me to tell her anything? Don’t you have any last words to her?” Jaejoong called out.

Kris froze by the door. He had so many things to tell her. All he could sum them up was in three words: I love you. That would be a cruel last message though. It would just give her false hope that he would be back. “Tell her…to be happy.” Kris whispered. *That’s all I want. Her happiness over my sanity.* He left the room, leaving Jaejoong stunned.

He had to be the bearer of bad news.

How would Bomi take this? Not very well, he knew.

----------

Bomi was stuck at home. She couldn’t step outside her house without being bombarded by the press. They had been staking out in front of her estate, waiting for her to come out so they can flock her with cameras and questions. Bomi hugged her knees to her chest and leaned her head against the window. She stared outside, wondering when the reporters would leave. They were tenacious and determined to reveal more false gossip about her. Bomi touched her ear. Kris’s earring dangled from it.

*Kris.* Her heart ached at the mere thought of him. She longed to see him again and wondered how he was coping. *Poor Kris oppa. He must be suffering. He’s probably trying to clean up this mess. I should have just left. I was stupid to have left the hotel with him. I should have known better.* Bomi sighed and closed her eyes. Her breath fogged up the glass. She heard the sound of tires and opened her eyes.

Jaejoong was home. Bomi sat up. *He met Kris oppa. I wonder how Kris oppa was.* She stood up and headed to the door.

Jaejoong stepped inside and halted. His eyes rounded, “Bo-“

“You met Kris oppa?” She asked. His face fell. “Yeah…I did.” Jaejoong nodded hesitantly.

“How did he look? What did he say? Is he doing all right?” Bomi threw questions at him. Jaejoong paused. How the hell was he supposed to break the devastating news to her?

Bomi sighed, misunderstanding his silence as the graveness of Kris’s condition. “He’s not doing well, is he? Of course he isn’t. He must be so upset. I need to go see him.” Bomi grabbed her keys. Jaejoong grabbed her wrist, “Bo…” She looked at him. His expression pinched worriedly.

“What? What’s wrong? Is it that bad?” Bomi panicked. “I have to go-“

Jaejoong pulled her back. “Bo, you can’t go see him right now.”

“Why not? Oh, because of the reporters? It’s okay. I can divert them.” She assured. His eyes were sad. *Oh, Bomi. I don’t want to see you heartbroken.*

“Don’t worry. I’ll be careful.” Bomi promised. Jaejoong still wouldn’t release her.

“Oppa!” She cried out in frustration. “Even if you go…you won’t be able to see him.” He whispered.

“He didn’t go home? It’s okay, I can wait.” She assured.

“Even if you wait…he won’t come.” Jaejoong calmly stated. “What do you mean by that?” Bomi asked, confused.

“…He’s gone.” Jaejoong softly spoke. “Kris left.” He looked into her bewildered eyes. “He went back to China.”

“China?” Bomi blinked. She tapped her lower lip in contemplation and nodded in understanding. “I guess he can escape there for a while. I wonder why he didn’t tell me though…”

*Oh God. She’s not getting it. This is going to be more painful than I thought.* Jaejoong took a deep breath. “Bomi, Kris left to China. Before he did, he broke the contract with us.” She stared at him. “I…don’t understand.” “Don’t you get it? Kris left. He’s gone for good, and he’s not coming back. Ever.” Jaejoong stated. She froze in place. It finally dawned on her.

Kris was going back to China. This wasn’t a temporary thing. It was forever. He was leaving, and he had no intention of ever coming back.

Bomi couldn’t believe this. She didn’t want to. How could Kris leave her? It made no sense. Afraid that she would pass out, Jaejoong reached for her, “Bomi-“ She stepped back and shook her head slowly. The shaking picked up pace, and now, she was fervently shaking her head side to side in denial. “No…that’s not true. Kris oppa didn’t leave me. I mean, he probably left, but he’s coming back soon. He can’t have just left like that…especially without a reason. No, I don’t believe it. Kris oppa is coming back. That’s why he didn’t let me know. Right…?” Bomi glanced up at Jaejoong.

He shook his head. Her expression fell. “No…”

Bomi choked. She felt like her heart had been trampled on and found it increasingly difficult to breathe. Bomi grabbed his jacket and shook him. “Tell me you’re lying! Tell me that you’re just saying this as a joke! It can’t be true! You just want to get back at me for ruining your company!” Jaejoong gently grabbed her fists and murmured calmly, “Why would I want to do that, Bo? I would never hurt you, and you know that better than anyone.”

Bomi did. But she couldn’t help but wish that wasn’t true in hope that he had been lying about Kris abandoning her. Bomi broke away from him. She grabbed her phone and searched for his number. Wearily, Jaejoong approached her. “What are you doing?”

“I’m calling Kris oppa. He can’t have left.” Bomi dialed his number and placed the phone against her ear. With every ring, her heart thumped. *Come on. Answer the phone. Prove Jaejoong oppa that’s he wrong.*

“The number you have called is invalid. Please try again.”

*No.* Her heart sank. He had remove his phone number. It did not exist anymore.

“Why…why…no…oppa…” Bomi began to sob. *Why did you have to leave me? You abandoned me without a goodbye. Didn’t you think about how my heart would break? You’re hurting me again.* She called over and over again. Again and again, the automatic operator would claim no service. Jaejoong couldn’t watch anymore. He tried to take the phone away, but she screamed and held on.

“NO! KRIS OPPA ISN’T GONE! HE CAN’T HAVE LEFT ME ALONE!”

“Park Bomi!” Jaejoong firmly snapped. She didn’t calm down. She clutched onto the phone and bawled uncontrollably. He caught her from behind as she fell. Bomi wept as she squeezed the phone. “Kris oppa…oppa…no…Jaejoong oppa, what do I do? He’s gone. He left me. The one person I have loved has departed.”

Jaejoong hugged her tightly as a sympathetic tear trailed down his face. “Bomi, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I should have stopped him, but he didn’t have a choice either. I think he was doing this for you. He told me to tell you that he wanted you to be happy.”

Bomi cried into her hands. *You babo. How am I supposed to be happy without you? You’re the reason for my happiness. How do you expect me to go on with my life without you?*

----------

“Let’s go, Wu Fan.” Mr. Wu call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter