Christmas Presents

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK0Xl6BKvvs

IU- Rain Drop

------------------------

Bomi was at the mall with Hyuna on a quest for Christmas presents. Arms linked, they walked around the expensive shops. The workers recognized them immediately as their VVIP guests and treated them with special attention.

“We’ve been here for two hours, and I haven’t bought anything but gifts for myself.” Hyuna pouted.

Bomi clucked her tongue with a teasing smile. Hyuna nudged her side with a wink. “Don’t worry, gorgeous. I got your gift earlier. And between you and me, it’s wayyy better than the gift I got Sunhwa.” “I’ll be sure to keep that a secret.” Bomi put her finger to her lips and chuckled.

They entered a store, and the workers rushed over.

A ruffled-one-shoulder-cocktail-dress caught Hyuna’s eye immediately, and she walked in that direction.

Bomi lingered near the front of the store and examined the clothes. She walked into the men’s department and saw many fashionable items. *I already got gifts for dad, Jae oppa, his father, Yunho oppa, Junsu oppa, Changmin oppa, and Yoochun oppa. I even shopped for my exes I still keep in touch with. Am I missing someone?* Bomi wondered.

A crocheted gray scarf caught her attention, and she walked up to the mannequin. She reached out and touched the soft material. *I can knit a scarf like this, too.*

Kris’s face popped into her mind. Her eyes twinkled. *That’s who I was missing. I should get him something special, too…*

“Hello, Mrs. Kim. Are you searching for a gift for your husband?” The employee beamed.

Bomi smiled back but didn’t reply. *Instead of buying a scarf…how about I knit one for him? I don’t knit for just anyone, but somehow, I want to do that for him.* She turned down Hyuna’s offer for lunch and headed straightaway to the fabric store.

“What can I help you with?” The elderly woman pushed her round glasses up her small nose.

“I’m looking for materials to make a scarf with.” Bomi stated.

“Ah, making a scarf for your lover, eh?” The woman teased. Bomi blushed.

“How about acrylic? You can knit it in a basket-weave pattern.” The woman suggested.

Bomi’s eyes shined. “That sounds perfect.”

“What color?” The woman asked. Bomi thought about it carefully then spoke, “Can I get red?” *Something warm and bright that contrasts with his cold demeanor.*

“Good choice.” The woman nodded.

Bomi paid for the material, thanked the lady, and cheerfully left the store. She would have to be dedicated to this project. Christmas was only a few days away.

----------

Bomi woke up to see everything outside covered underneath a blanket of fresh, white snow. *It’s a White Christmas today. Lucky us.* She slipped on her robe and headed downstairs. She could smell coffee and something sweet in the air.

Rubbing her eyes, Bomi followed the scent into the kitchen.

Jaejoong heard shuffling on the floor and turned his head. He chuckled at the sight of his lethargic wife. “Merry Christmas, Bo.”

“Merry Christmas.” Bomi yawned and shambled towards the coffee pot. She poured some coffee into a mug and dragged her feet to the table. She hopped onto a tall, white stool and rubbed her bleary eyes.

“Here.” Jaejoong took the milk out of the refrigerator and set it on the table.

Bomi poured a tiny amount into her coffee and stirred it with a spoon.

“Ta-da!” Jaejoong set a plate of hot food in front of her. Bomi lifted her head to see her breakfast smiling at her. “Two sunny-side up eggs for the eyes, two bacons for the mouth, and hash browns for the hair.” Jaejoong smiled proudly as he sat across from her.

“What happened to the nose?” Bomi took a sip of her coffee and winced at the bitter taste. She poured a bit more milk into there.

“Too lazy. But here are pancakes if you are still hungry.” He pushed the plate towards her.

“Mmm…pancakes.” She stabbed one and put it on an empty plate. Bomi squirted syrup over the pancake in a zig-zag style. She used her knife to cut a piece and popped the warm, delicious food in . “So good!” Bomi squealed.

“You are very lucky to have a cooking god for a husband.” Jaejoong smirked and poured ketchup over his hash browns.

“I’ll drink to that.” She raised her coffee and took a careful sip. It tasted sweet, just like how she liked it. She smiled happily and dug into her breakfast. “Are we going to visit our parents today?”

“Of course. We have to go visit your grandma and give her the Christmas present.” Jaejoong warmly smiled. He knew how much her grandma meant to her.

Bomi’s smile broadened, and she eagerly nodded. “I can’t wait to see her! Let’s hurry up and go!”

“Okay, slow down. Finish your breakfast first.” Jaejoong chuckled. “We still have to exchange gifts.”

“I wonder what you got me this year.” Bomi tapped her lips in thought.

“Coal.” He kidded. “Hey!” She swatted his hand, and he laughed.

After breakfast, they went upstairs to get ready to visit their parents. Bomi packed the presents into a large box and counted them all. Out of the blue, something cold slipped over her right wrist. She looked down instantly. Jaejoong was fastening something on her wrist. He pulled his hands away, and she saw a diamond-embellished watch. It was dazzling, and the diamonds felt heavy against her skin.

“There. It matches you. I had to ask them to shrink it a bit because your wrist is tiny.” Jaejoong tilted his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter