Charity Act

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El3UIxb_cSM

Bae Da Hae- My All

-----------

On December 1st, Royal Ambassador Resort had their annual charity event.

Every December, they visited a random orphanage in the country to perform charitable deeds for the day. Jaejoong mostly did it for the press. Bomi joined, not only because as Jaejoong’s wife she had to support him, but also because she liked kids. She wasn’t good with newborn babies or tiny infants; however, small and older children she could deal with.

Since Royal Ambassador Resort and Golden Tower joined hands, the latter had to play their part also. Therefore, Kris would also be joining the community service.

Tires crunched over the gravel as the vans full of foods, toys, and other gifts arrived at Heaven’s Meadow Orphanage. Screaming children ran forth in excitement. Two sleek, luxurious cars pulled into the driveway and parked by each other.

From the black Maybach Exelero, Jaejoong and Bomi stepped out.

“The press is already here. They’re fast.” He mused outloud. “Make sure you actually participate instead of just lingering around and taking interviews.” She advised.

Jaejoong saluted, “Yes, mam. I will heed your advice.” Bomi shook her head with a chuckle. She heard a door shut by her side and turned her head. Kris stepped out in casual jeans and a white turtleneck. He locked with eyes with her, and they both gazed at each other. Ever since Sunhwa’s party, things between them had been…peaceful. He didn’t snub her anymore. Nor did he try to avoid her anymore. Bomi was pleased that they were almost becoming friends.

“Hey, Kris.” Jaejoong waved with an affable smile. Kris nodded in reply. They were on an informal basis now.

“Welcome to my favorite chairty act of the year!” Bomi giggled.

Kris stared at her so long that she thought he would bore holes in her forehead.

“Why do you look so surprised that I’m here?” She asked.

“Shouldn’t you be shopping or clubbing with your friends instead of sacrificing your precious social time to help unfortunate kids?” Kris remarked sarcastically, not exactly intending to hurt her.

Bomi laughed breezily. “I’m offended that you find me to be such a shallow person!” She looked at the cheering kids and genuinely smiled. “I want to help them. They’re kids who don’t have families or proper homes. This is a great opportunity to mingle with the kids and have fun with them. For one day, they could forget that they’re orphans.”

Kris studied her expression. It was strange. She looked like she actually meant it.

“Now let’s go have a fun day!” Bomi enthusiastically clapped and ran towards the children. They flocked around her, curious at who the ‘pretty lady’ was. Jaejoong and Kris met in the center and watched her interact with the kids. The press saw that and immediately snapped pictures of the Royal Ambassador Resort’s president’s wife intermingling with poor children.

“Are you good with kids?” Jaejoong asked. Kris shrugged, “This is actually my first time interacting with children.”

Jaejoong raised an eyebrow at him, “Do you even like kids?” “Yes. Doesn’t everyone?” Kris asked.

Jaejoong looked away with a shrug. “Not me. I mean…I like kids. They’re cute, but I never want one of my own.” Kris throught that was strange. *Never want kids of his own? Then what about Bomi? Won’t he ever have children with her?*

“Did you know that this is Bomi’s idea?” Jaejoong asked. Kris turned his head and looked at him.

“The idea of spending the day at an orphanage and helping the children here…it was her idea. She really likes doing this.” Jaejoong mused with a smile. “I mean, for me, this event is mostly a publicity stunt. For her, it’s a chance to perform community service and help others.” He looked at Kris and shook his head, “She’s not as superficial as you think she is.”

Kris dropped his softened gaze to the ground. *Maybe I was wrong about her in the first place.*

Jaejoong clapped his shoulder. “Let’s go do this and boost the image for both our companies.” He strode forward and boomed loudly. “Hey, kids!”

Kris shook his head. *He’s very calculating.* He felt someone gawking at him and slowly turned his hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter