Unexpected...

Feelings

Taemin POV

When Taemin woke up the next morning he felt weird. Emotionless. He didn't feel anything inside. He checked the clock, noon. He knew he should get out of bed and do something but he didn't have a schedule. He remembered that's what he told Jongin, but he had lied. He rolled over to lay on his side and stared in to the wall. He felt to numb to get out of bed so he decided he would just stay there as long as he could today, maybe he could actually fall back asleep and sleep all day.

He rolled back to lie on his back again. He closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep again. He was actually really tired although he had slept nearly 12 hours. As he was half asleep memories of yesterday started appearing in what seemed like a dream. Taemin wasn't sure wether he was asleep or if he was still awake but he couldn't stop his brain. Taemin thought he could almost feel Jongin hugging him, he tried to hold on but there was no warmth, his arms only touched the air above him. He thought back to yesterday, was that hug just a friendly one ? He sure never remembered  them hugging like that before.

The dream scattered and went even further back in time, sometime before Jongin had debuted. They were at Jongin's house and they were sitting on his couch. Jongin was smiling and and Taemin felt like he was smiling too, whenever his friend was happy he would automatically share that feeling. The dream scattered again and now it was just plain black, no sound, just...nothing.

Jongin POV [FAST FORWARD]

It had been about a week since he and Taemin had met but he still couldn't stop thinking about it. This time he was disturbed in his thoughts by the sound of his phone. It flashed a reminder.

July 12th

Remember to buy a birthday gift for Taeminnie !^^

[Birthday July 18th: 6 days left]

Jongin stared at his phone for a while.

'Crap...' he sighed deeply and threw the phone on to his bed.

'That's just greeeeaaat !' he laughed bitterly.

This must've been the worst timing in the history bad timing. He wasn't even sure wether they would meet anytime soon. And he had no idea if Taemin even counted on getting a gift or if he even wanted one because Jongin remembered his icy tone. By now he was quite sure that Taemin didn't want to stay friends, he had thought that through and that was the conclusion. But he knew they'd meet because of schedules and stuff and he thought that all the other EXO members would congratulate Taemin somehow.

He was once again interrupted in his thoughts but this time because his manager stuck his head in through the door.

'Kai ?' the manager asked.

It was dark in the room because it was 18.00 and Jongin didn't bother to turn the lights on before entering his room.

'Yes I'm here.' he replied.

'I'm sorry but we have to go on a radio show right now.' the manager said.

'Right now ?' Jongin was surprised since this wasn't on his schedule.

'Yeah it came up, there is not much time but we'll make it if you're not too tired ? The others are coming.' the manager seemed very stressed and looked at his watch.

'No, I'll come too, hyung.' Jongin said.

As they were in the van on their way to the radio station Jongin realized he didn't even know what show they were doing.

'Anyone know what exactly we're doing ?' he asked the others.

'Yeah, Kiss The Radio.' Sehun answered.

'Oh.' was Jongin's only reply.

'It's gonna be fun to meet our sunbaes again !' Sehun continued.

'The hosts or is someone else coming ?' Jongin asked.

'Well yeah, you of all should know that SHINee is coming too.' Sehun said.

Jongin felt his body twitch and he stared at Sehun.

'Originally they were doing it by themselves but then Onew and Key couldn't come so they asked us to join instead.' Sehun continued happily.

Jongin wanted to jump out of the car and just run away from there. He litterly made a face something like this ---> ( ゚д゚) He thought about how he should act around Taemin now and the knots started forming in his stomach. And then the car stopped. He just wanted to scream and punch something because of how stressed he felt.

'Are you okay ?' Suho asked Jongin.

'Noooo, I'm feeling a little sick.' Jongin felt like he couldn't lie completely because it was quite obvious he wasn't feeling well.

'Oh, are you going to be sick ? Do you need to hurry to the bathroom ?' Suho looked at Jongin with concern.

'No no no no no.' Hurrying to get inside was the exact opposite of what he needed.

'I'll be just fine, I think it's just nerves.' he smiled at Suho.

'Oh, well it'll be alright !' Suho said and dragged Jongin along with him inside.

Jongin figured he probably wouldn't have to talk much since there were so many of them now and he could just hide behind everybody else during greetings and get a seating far away from Taemin.

And everything worked out just as Jongin thought it would, until they sat down that is. Since he stood behind the rest of his group they all sat down before him. The only spot left was between Sehun and Taemin. Jongin mentally cursed at his lack of luck. He walked over to his spot to sit down and was just about to greet Taemin in the most formal way he possibly could when Taemin suddenly turned to him.

'Hi Jongin-ah.' Taemin smiled brightly at him.

Jongin was as surprised by this reaction as he would be if an elephant entered the studio. Actually it seemed more likely that an elephant would enter the studio in a pink dress speaking perfect korean than Taemin being happy to see him like this. When he left from Jongin's house last time  they met he hadn't even looked back once. Jongin was so confused he probably looked like this again. ---> ( ゚д゚) And then, as apparently his body always did around Taemin, his body just reacted on its own. He pulled the older in for a hug. He didn't even realize what he was doing untill someone let out a teasing "aww". He quickly let go of the other but was surprised to feel that Taemin was holding on to him. When Taemin pulled away seconds later he smiled at Jongin again but this time he was blushing.

Taemin POV

Taemin mentally cursed and sat down hiding his face from Jongin. Why did he feel as if butterflies were flying around in his stomach ? He tried to control himself as much as he could but he simply couldn't ignore Jongin and he didn't want to either. If Jongin just wanted to continue like nothing had happened he had to continue on as usually too. He could get over the weird feelings and forget about that day in the dancing room if he had too because the friendship with Jongin was precious.

The show passed like normal although Taemin couldn't help but to glance at Jongin from time to time just to see how he was going along. In the corner of his eye he thought the other boy was looking even more handsome than usually, with his untouched by stylists and in casual clothes. Taemin quickly turned away and hit his own knee under the table, he really needed to stop thinking such things.

'Are you and Jongin fighting or something ?' Jonghyun leaned in and whispered to Taemin.

'Nooo, why ?' Taemin tried to sound normal.

'You have barely talked to each other and you keep glancing at him.' Jonghyun stated the facts.

'Err, it's nothing, we've just got nothing to say.' he whispered back to the older.

'Oh well, good then.' Jonghyun ruffled Taemin's hair and leaned back to his own seat.

Taemin could not believe that he had been caught glancing and by that clueless dino to make it even weirder.

When the recording was done with and everybody was saying goodbye someone suddenly remembered somthing.

'Oh wait a minute ! We should get togheter and celebrate Taemin's birthday !' Minho suggested and waved his arms towards the EXO members. 

'We could just eat some cake.' he added.

'Oh yeah, sure.' Suho replied happily.

'The 18th is a wednessday, does it fit with your schedule ?' Minho then asked.

EXO's manager said it did and Suho and the others thanked Minho, Jonghyun and Taemin for the invite although Minho had invited them pretty much without the rest of the group having any say what so ever in the matter. Minho seemed to get along perfectly with everyone but Taemin was a bit more awkward. However they said goodbye to each other and went on home.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Haha, Taekai forever awkward. But maybe that will change on Taemin's birthday eh eh eh ? ^^) Hope this chapter isn't too short. And hope there isn't too many grammar and spelling mistakes because I'm too tired to look it through properly. xD