Hiding from the rain...

Feelings

Taemin POV

When the rain had started to pour down Taemin had taken cover in a phone booth. He was out of breath and pretty much soaked. He tried to shake some water out of his hair but it wasn't very effective. At least he had been able to go to the store and buy some banana milk to have as dessert after his meal before it started to rain. It didn't seem like it was going to stop raining any time soon (which was weird since the sun was still shining) so Taemin sat down on the floor. He could just barely fit his long legs up against his chest in the tiny space. He started drinking his banana milk, he didn't know why he had such an obssesion with it but he did. Now it reminded him of Hello Baby days...he smiled at those happy memories. Those were really good times.

When he had finished his dessert (which took him a lot longer than what was normal) he listened to the rain for a while. He couldn't see a single soul outside. Everybody had hurried away from the rain and was probably home by now. Taemin sighed.

His hair kept dripping and he mentally cursed for having such long hair at times like this. Since he didn't really know what to do he took up his phone and texted Minho.

To: Frog Prince keke

Hey, where r you ?? Any chance u could pick me up ? I'm stuck in the rain. :(

Sent 14:32 July 4th

After he had sent the message he realized he had another one that he hadn't opened. It must've arrived just now he thought to himself. To his surprise it was from none other than Jongin. Taemin just stared at it for a while as he grow nervous and almost felt sick. He didn't know what Jongin could possibly want to say after...yeah THAT. He swallowed and opened the message praying it wouldn't be awkward or anything else bad...

From: Jongin aaahh *3*

Hi, could we meet ? Like tomorrow or soon ?

Arrived 14:18 July 4th

He stared at the message and didn't know what to do for a while. Ofcourse he wanted to see him, stupid question. The real question was if he wanted to talk about what had happend...the more he thought about it the more he leaned towards no.

However he didn't get any more time to think because his phone started to buzz in his hand and for a second his stomach dropped and he thought that Jongin was calling him since he didn't reply to his message.

'Oooooh god nooooo !' his voice came out falsetto and shaky and if he hadn't been freaking out he would have started to laugh hysterically at how stupid and girl like he just sounded. A few more seconds passed before he realized that it was Minho who was calling him and not Jongin.

'Ooh, hi- *cough* hiiii.' he answered and leaned his head back against the glass wall. He sighed in relief and stretched his legs as much as he possibly could in the tiny area.

'Taemin ?' Minho's voice was filled with amusement and wonder.

'Yeah ?' Taemin said and chuckled slightly.

'What are you doing, you sound weird.' Minho laughed.

'Eh, it's nothing.' Taemin covered his mouth to stop himself from laughing out loud.

'Whatever you say...' Minho said with a voice that said he knew Taemin too good to get tricked by that.

'Oh by the way, I called to tell you I can't come get you, but you'll be alright ?' he then asked.

'Crap, guess I'll have to run for it then.' Taemin sighed.

'Or I can send someone...?' Minho tried.

'No no, I would rather walk then.' Taemin sighed again, he didn't want someone from their company to pick him up like this.

'Ok, gotta go bye, see you later then, Minnie ?' Minho said.

'Yeah yeah, bye hyung !' and so they hang up.

Taemin decided he should just simply reply to Jongin's text and so he did.

To: Jongin aaahh *3*

Yes ofc, but on Friday instead ? Text me where then.

Sent 14.46 July 4th

He had added the ofcoure after thinking he had to be careful not to seem like he didn't want to really see him because he did...he just didn't know how. 

By now he had realized that Jongin had actually kissed him that day. Just like that. Taemin sighed. (Sighing is becoming an annoying habit of his by now.) He was kind of scared that Jongin would just have done it because he had hit his head...but he was even more scared of his own reaction. To be perfectly honest, Jongin's lips had tasted like heaven, and that scared Taemin half way to death.

'Stupid emotions...' Taemin could feel his cheeks getting hot and red.

He could swear he had never had any feelings like these for Jongin before. YES, he admitted having feelings for Jongin now. There was no way to deny that, he just wasn't sure the younger male felt the same. He remembered Jongin's frightend expression and banged his head against the wall.

'Ah jinja...' He made blowfish face.

He looked outside, still raining. But what the hell he thought to himself and then he stood up. His back was tired from sitting in that weird way so he stretched out before he took a deep breath and ran outside again. The rain was surprisingly warm so he didn't really feel cold and it was actually kind of relaxing. He couldn't help but to start laughing as he imagined a fan spotting him right now and taking a photo. It was hard running and laughing at the same time so he must've looked a bit crazy running there on the side walk laughing all by himself.

When he finally (after what felt like forever) reached his home he was still laughing but now he didn't even know why anymore. He calmed down when he got in to the living room and he found Minho and Jonghyun staring at him.

'I told you he has gone crazy !' Minho said looking at Taemin suspiciously.

'What's so funny, Tae ?' Jonghyun asked with curious puppy expression.

'Nothing nothing.' Taemin somehow managed to keep a straight face while walking in to his room.

He laid down on his bed and a smile grew on his face, maybe he would regrett being this happy about it later...about his feelings that is...but he would soon find that out...

Jongin POV

Jongin was completely frozen, he didn't know whether he wanted to open the message or not. He couldn't ever remember Taemin being cold to him but he was afraid this was going to be the first time for that...

Taemin had run out so quickly that day that Jongin hadn't even been able to catch up to him. If Taemin didn't- Jongin stopped the thought. He sighed. He was feeling something more that friendship for Taemin but he would never tell him that unless he thought Taemin could possibly feel the same. This friendship was so important to him, way too important to lose. If he had to, he could live hiding his feelings for the rest of his life.

He looked away from the phone and shook his head as he stepped inside.

This isn't a teenage drama where the characters always end up with each other. This is real he thought. If he wanted to stay by Taemin's side he would have to play his cards right.

He suddenly remembered a song, a SNSD one, Time Machine, even though he barely understood japanese he knew it was about wanting to turn back time...

'I could use a time machine now.' he said to himself in the mirror.

He walked straight to his room without looking for the others. He laid down on his bed and took up his phone again. Guess this must been sooner or later...he opened the message. It took him about 5 minutes berfore it made sense. And then he smiled to himself. Taemin did want to meet, he even said it like it was obvious.

Jongin couldn't hold back his happiness and let out a heartily laughter. He still didn't know how Taemin felt but seeing him again Jongin was sure that he would at least be able to decide what to do himself.

'What are you smiling like an idiot about ?' Sehun said from the doorway in a teasing voice.

'Nothing in particular.' he said and tried to calm down on the inside.

'Maybe it's a girl then...' Sehun went on teasing.

Jongin felt the panic appear inside. how would he ever explain.

'Nooo-' he said carefully raising an eyebrow trying to seem innocent.

'I can see it in your eyes Jongin, you can't fool me.' Sehun smirked.

'What- I- you don't-' Jongin lost words.

'Kekeke, I knew it, someone I know ?' Sehun asked not looking away from Jongin for even a second.

Jongin just prayed to sink through the ground and didn't answer.

'So it is ! Jongin I've never seen you blushing like this !' Sehun couldn't hold back his excitment anymore.

'Come on tell me who !' he jumped on Jongin's bed.

'Oh stop it !' Jongin tried to push the other boy off the bed without success.

'It's clearly someone special ! Sehun held on to the sheets.

'Shhh, shut up ! Yes it is, it is !' Jongin tried to suffocate his friend with a pillow but ended up getting slapped across the face by a waving arm.

'You can't tell me who ?' Sehun finally calmed himself and lowered his voice.

'No, can you just live with the fact that it's someone important to me ?' Jongin tried.

'For now...' said Sehun and got off the bed.

'But I will find out you know.' he said and smirked before he left the room.

Jongin mentally face palmed and tried to remember why he even was friends with that curious bastard.

'Ever heard of privacy...?' he muttered.

But then he smiled, he was lucky to have caring friends like this. Some people probably didn't have any one like this to talk to and joke around with. He was lucky to have such good friends, and one very very good...

Jongin dropped down on the bed once again. Jeez that could've been a disaster. He looked at his phone again and read the text...he smiled. He was both anxious and excited about friday...when feelings were to be revealed for the first time...

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Mehehe, I think I just got an idea for Taemin's birthday which is coming up in the story...hope I can pull it off... Anyways, please comment and tell me what you think ! In the next chapter they will meet again...woop. ^3^