Not a day anyone wants to experience

What if you're blind?
“Fight...fight...fight...” the voices around me chanted.

Fight? No this can’t be happening. I’m blind they can’t expect me to fight. I slowly backed away.

“What? Scared of a fight are you?” a voice asked. Seeming to come from one of the guys in the boys group.

“No. I’m getting prepared. I need some space if I’m going to do something.” I said unwilling to back down. This was my chance to prove to people that even though people may be blind things can happen. Big things can happen.

I slowly moved into a fight stance. I wasn’t sure where the direction of the boy really was. I had learned this in my karate classes. I have been to fight for my own blind rights. I can do this.

“OOOoooohhhh...fight...fight...fight...” they kept cooing at us.

“You sure you can beat me? You must be sure confident for a blindo.” He said.

I heard a twitch of a twig on the floor. That must be him. I kicked high and as strong as I could.

WHAM! Maybe that was a little bit too strong...

“Ow!....ow....my gaw...my gaw...” a sound erupted the air.

Gaw? What is gaw? Gaw...gaw...gaw...jaw..jaw? It couldn’t be. It couldn’t be. Could it?

“Why did you kick Alan for? You were battling with Mike!” shouts surrounded me.

Mike???...Alan???...I kicked the wrong person?...Aaahhh...

“What can you expect from the blind girl?” a guy said. It was so confusing I didn’t know who’s voice was who’s...Aaahhh!

“Woof!” a dog’s bark brought me back to the world.

“Goofy?” I turned in the direction I heard the bark. A wet nose met my leg. It was Goofy I pat him happily. Relieved that I could run away from the scene now.

“And now she’s brought her dog. Is your dog going to help you blindly walk back home?” he teased meanly. Goofy growled and snapped his teeth at the boy. The boy seemed to step back as he did not say anything else.

“Ribbon, Mike, Alan and you to George come to my office right NOW!” a voice yelled.

I whispered into Goofy’s ear. “Follow her.”

“Ribbon I know you’re blind but that doesn’t mean that you should stand there wondering where to go!” she angrily directed at me.

“Yes, mam” I said. Eekk...this was just not my day.