Memories

Memories

A slight, tingling smell of potent rum wafting in the icy air, scent twisting like a small rivulet on the landscape, titillated Jongdae's buzzing thoughts, an immediate desire to find its source becoming unavoidable. With cunning eyes glistening in undeniable mirth, he slowly walked around the snow-covered campus now devoid of students, all but few that quickly ran from one classroom to another, a canvas of pure white, pureness so clean and unsullied by man's greed, covering the ground that he stepped on, leaving deep footprints behind.

The closer he approached the huddled appearance sitting on a bench near the entrance to Performing Arts and Music building, the lively, bustling green of man's scarf such a striking contrast to the bland, russet hue of his coat, yet complementing it none the less, the stronger did the scent of rum became. A swirling line of smoke adorned the man's lightly curled tresses, their color such a deep red they resembled old French wines in their hue, the said man lightly bringing a tall paper cup held tightly in his grasp to his parted lips, them unusually pale from the biting cold. He took a slightly tentative sip before resolving to simply stare at the almost boiling liquid in his grasp, lips and shivering body eager to be warmed up, albeit not scorched.

-"What do you have there?" Jongdae inquired, ushering the older one to scoot aside on the bench and make some room for him as well.
-"Tea with rum." Responded tiredly Joonmyeon, his deep, sharp eyes menacingly staring at the wretched liquid. Jongdae was silent for a moment before his lips quirked up in a genuine smile.
-"Rum with tea I'd say, I could smell it from meters away."

Joonmyeon laughed, his amiable, mellifluous voice booming in the silence of the nature asleep, glistening snowflakes descending from the endless murky sky daringly falling on his pictorial face, thoughtful eyes averted to stare at the immense cover of snow that has fallen on the ground over the course of previous night. Just thinking about it made his body burn as if his limbs a wildfire so vicious, so ferocious, naught of need for tea existing anymore. He felt a sneaky arm wrap itself swiftly around his waist, boldly pulling him closer into the delicate touch providing him with warmth, much needed in such a biting, gnawing winter of razor sharp teeth, dulcet pair of lips gently pressing an amorous kiss to his earlobe, him barely catching the almost incoherent whispers caressing his ivory skin.

-"What did you try to say?" He asked with a lush chuckle reverberating in the depth of his throat, Jongdae's lips puckering as he begged to be kissed, a childish feature adorning his countenance.
-"I said you left your shirt at my place last night." Jongdae responded a bit disappointed after realizing no return kiss followed, almost failing to notice the sudden surge of warmth to other's face, noticeably the pleasant rosiness of his cheeks giving his otherwise bloodless face a healthy appearance. Seeing the nonplussed sight in other's eyes, he just nodded lightly in confirmation of other's thoughts, voicing it moments after.
-"Yes, you have my shirt on. The white one with blue stripes..." The words trailed off as Joonmyeon buried his face in the crook of his neck, muffling his bashful laugh with the thick collar of Jongdae's coat.

The two spent another fifteen minutes talking animatedly before Jongdae concluded it was time for him to return back to the Performing Arts and Music facility to continue grading his pupils' exams that still lay scattered on his desk, leaving Joonmyeon in solitude to admire the falling grace that were snowflakes.