Meeting of the Minds

We are Young. We are Wreckless. We are Loud.

 

     "You look badass! Doesn't our beautiful roomie look badass," Park Bom said to her Rilakkuma plush as Chaerin walked out of the bathroom. Chaerin has finished getting dressed and she did, admittedly, look badass. Her untucked black school sweater covered most of her blue and gold uniform skirt and her school blazor which she decorated the night before by sewing on some of the patches of her favorite bands fit her loosely. Her black socks came up to her thigh to accentuate her favorite pair of combat boots. In other words, Chaerin screamed 'punk rock'. She wanted to make it clear to everyone at her new school that she was someone to not mess with. She wanted to stand out amongst the snooty rich kids of Gangnam High and show just how different she was from the rest of them. In all truth Chaerin was happy that Bom said she looked badass. Not that she'd ever let her know that. Chaerin rolled her eyes and made her way to her closet to grab her school satchel. 

     "Oh, and I took all of the stickers off of your side of the room," Bom said, smiling hopefully at the annoyed-faced Chaerin. 

     "Oh yeah," Chaerin mumbled, carelessly looking at her now bare half of the dorm. While she was happy that her side no longer looked like the unholy union of a gay carebear and a unicorn she had bigger concerns. "Thanks. Where do you guys eat around here?"

     "The on campus dorms have a dining center specifically for breakfast and dinner. The dining center is only to be used by it's residents, students who live off campus are prohibited from using the dining center and are to be penilized if found there without a proper on campus ID," Bom said in a cheery but heavily recited tone.

     "Are you, like, one of those kids who memorize the student handbook word for word," Chaerin asked.

     "Yes," Bom replied, nodding. "I've been class president three years in a row. It's my duty to be as knowledgeable about Gangnam High as possible."

     Though it's hard for Chaerin to see Park Bom as anything other than a red haired air head with an oddly happy personality, she could somehow see her as the student government type. She seems like the type of person with a immense amout of school spirit. Which is yet another reason to hate her. Though Chaerin has yet to attend a day of school at Gangnam High she already hated it. With it's well put togeather dorm rooms, freshely cut lawn, and expensive looking uniforms, she could already tell the place was crawling with privlaged rich kids. Sure, she was from a rich family, but she was just different. Back at home in California it became clear that she was different from the other rich kids who were raised in privlage. She didn't like things to be handed to her. That's actually how she met Tablo. She applied for a job at a record store on the bad side of town and he was the manager. She didn't need a job but she wanted one. Tablo seemed to be the only one who understand her. He had never known his dad and his mother was always absent, he had to work for everything he had. At first he was like a brother figure until it turned into something more. It was quite obvious from the beginning that he liked her more than she liked him, but her persued her anyway. One day after work they were both drinking in the back of his van when he gave her a cherry red vintage electric guitar. Chaerin had always talked about how much she wanted it so he saved up to buy it for her. Chaerin was overwheled and didn't know what to say and then he kissed her. He said he loved her and she said she loved him too, and she did, at least she thought she did. Her parents dissaproved of Chearin dating a man who was just a year shy of being thirty and sent her off to Korea. Though Chaerin had done many things to upset her parents dating Tablo was the final straw. No one was more broken up about her leaving than him. He promised to visit her one day but she higly doubted he'd be able to with his current financial predicament. 

     "Well I'll be going now," Chaerin said, heading towards the door. 

     "Oh wait! Have a nice-."

     "Whatever," Chaerin said before slamming the door. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

     Seunghyun slammed the door of his dorm room before heading downstairs towards the residential student dining center. All morning he had been deciding whether or not he should just skip the first day of his Senior year altogeather. The school that once seemed to be his kingdom was now just a dull reminder of how boring and repetitive his life had become. 

     In the end he decided to go to school anyway. After all, what would staying in his dorm solve? He'd just spend the entire day staring at the ceiling like some melodramatic loser. If he didn't get back to acting like his normal self people would start comparing him to Kwon Jiyong. That, by itself, was motivation enough to get out of his dorm room. Kwon Jiyong is the creepy loner kid everyone has been avoiding since eigth grade. Before eigth grade he was actually a quite liked and popular kid. He and Seunghyun used to play on the middle school soccor team and somethimes hang out togeather. Lots of girls at school had crushes on him. Back during the Valentines Day of seventh grade he became notorious when a total of seven girls asked him to be their valentine. For a while back then Seunghyun was actually jealous of Jiyong. While Seunghyun was also good looking and popular, he was known as the 'bad boy' whereas Jiyong was the nice wholesome kid that everyone liked. Well at least he was before the first day of eigth grade. When he came back to school you could just tell that something... changed about him. He stopped talking to people, started to constantly dye his hair and wear eyeliner, and frequently had fits of rage and got into fights. No one knows quite what happened that caused him to change but one thing was clear: Kwon Jiyong was not to be associated with.

     As Seunghyun walked out of the boys' dorm bulding and towards the residential student dining area he noticed only one other person walking towards the building. Being that he was behind her he could only make out a few of her attrtibutes. She was short with long flowing honey colored blonde hair. She wore thigh high socks with worn-out looking military boots. 

    Though he couldn't see the girl in all of her entirety, she had his attention. He knew almost everyone who atteneded Gangnam High and never before has he seen anybody like her. She was new, she was different, she was intriguing. Silently walking about a yard behind her, he watched her. He watched the confident way she walked and the way her steps hit the ground with certainty. That is until she paused paused abrubtly and turned around. 

     Caught off gaurd Seunghyun stood there, staring at her. She looked at him breifly before saying the eight words that cut him like a knife.

     "Take a ing picture, it'll last longer."

     He stood there as she continued to walk towards the student dining area. He smirked. Maybe this year wouldn't be so boring afterall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

     Jiyong arrived to school early that day. He was there half an hour before school actually started. He stepped off of his skateboard and kick flipped it into his hand as he proceeded to walk through the trees towards the courtyard between the school and the residential student dorms. He figued he'd sit on the bench and ejoy a few moments of silence before he had to face the stupidity that is the student body of ville High. 

     As he drew closer to the courtyard he noticed a girl walking in his direction towards the residential student area. Jiyong, not wanting to be seen, stood beind the nearest tree. It only took a few seconds to notice that this girl was different. He was intrigued by her, and slightly attracted to her as well. Behind her he noticed the school's infamous playboy and all around golden boy watching her closely.Choi ing Seunghyun. Jiyong had nothing against Seunghyun personally, he just didn't like him. He and Jiyong used to be somewhat friends once apon a time but that was ages ago. Since high school started Seunghyun had became famous for being, essentialy, a man . He'd chase a girl, sleep with her, and forget all about her. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say at least thirty percent of the female population at Gangnam High has gotten their heart broken by Choi Seunghyun one way or another. Though Jiyong didn't know the girl he'd feel horrible if he let her become apart of that thirty percent.

     As the girl walked closer it became obvious that she was looking right at Jiyong. , he thought, you don't even know the chick yet you already seem like some ing creep.

     Behind you, Jiyong mouthed, not wanting to seem like a total psycho. The girl paused and turned around. Jiyong watched as Seunghyun stopped behind her as she said eight words that sounded like something he'd say at that moment.

     "Take a ing picture, it'll last longer."

     As she turned back around her eyes found Jiyong's again as she sent him a small smirk. Maybe this year wouldn't be so horrible afterall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

     "What the hell are you wearing," Sandara said in a highly annoyed voice as Minzy approached their bus stop. Minzy thought to herself, I shouldn't have worn this goddamn jacket. 

     While getting dressed that morning Minzy decided to be defiant for once in her life and add a studded leather jacket one of her dads got her over her uniform blazor. She knew Sandara wouldn't approve but for some reason that just made her want to wear the jacket even more. Minzy wanted to be noticed this year, and she'd be damned if Sandara got in her way. That being said Minzy was still deathly afraid of her. Though Sandara was mostly overtly passive agressive in terms of her intimidation techiques, she could be outright mean as well. During their freshman year a girl named Jenny just so happened to be wearing the same pair of Windsor Smith sandals as Sandara on a particular day. How did Sandara handle it? She told Jenny's boyfriend that she was recently impregnanted with Choi Seunghyun's kid which led to a physical fight between Choi Seunghyun and Jenny's boyfriend and Jenny was forced to change schools. It was a lie, of course, but after that no one dared to mess with Sandara. In all truth Sandara was the most hated girl in school, but she was the most feared as well. After the whole Jenny incident Choi Seunghyun didn't even say or do anything to Sandara, he just ignored her. Well that is before his new and annoying sidekick, Seungri, became Sandara's boyfriend. As a result Seunghyun was forced to frequently hang out with and sit at the same lunch table as Sandara. Minzy felt bad for him, really. Sure he was the school's most notorious playboy but he didn't deserve what Sandara did to him. Though Minzy doesn't really know Seunghyun all that well she sits across from him at their lunch table and she's tagged along often when Sandara, Saeungri, Seunghyun, and some of their other friends hung out togeather and she felt like there was more to him than meets the eye. 

     "Did you, like, not get my ing text," Sandara whispered angrily as Minzy drew closer to her. "Plus that jacket is ing hideous. Which dad got you that one? The butch or the wannabe off-broadway actor? God you dads are so ing un-cool for a couple of gay guys. No wonder they adopted you."

     Any normal person would have felt insulted and maybe even a little disturbed by Sandara's comments but that's how she speaks to everyone. Over the years Minzy just learned to deal with it. 

     "I'm sorry, my phone must have not gotten it," Minzy said in a flat and indifferent tone. Sandara looked at her friend with a shocked espression. Minzy has never, in all of their years of friendship, acted indifferent towards her. Usually at moments like she'd expect Minzy to apologize and hurry to take off her jacket and stuff it in her backpack. But instead Minzy just... stood there.

     "Hey look, it's the bus," Minzy said as their bus approached their stop. 

     "What the is wrong with you today," Sandara asked, not bothering to look at the bus as it stopped and opened its doors.

     "Nothing, nothing at all," Minzy said with a slight smirk before turning away and enetering the bus. Maybe things would change this year afterall.