Chapter 4

My Life As A Sajang-nim's Daughter

 

Today I woke up a little early as usual although it’s the weekend. I have an early practice with Yeongbae. We’ve decided to meet at the company.

 

Yeongbae and I met at the YG’s audition. He’s a nice boy, I like to hang around him although his hair sometimes disturbs me.

 

He’s shy towards girls, I don’t know whether he’ll get a girlfriend.

I saw my mom is already up and making breakfast. Dami nuna room is still shut, I bet she is not up yet.

 

She must’ve slept late last night studying. Aish, nuna is such a good daughter. Always have made our parents proud of her achievement. I know appa doesn’t rally support my decision to become a singer. He thinks this field has no future.

 

Thankfully omma was different. She was the one who paved the path for me, bringing me to kids program since little and supporting my decision.

 

“Jiyong-ah. You’re up early today”

“Ne omma. I have an early practice today with Yeongbae, we need to get there by 8.30”

“It must’ve been hard right, Ji?”

“Anieyo omma, it’s fine. It’s my decision so I shouldn’t be bothered by it.”

“It’s only 7.15. wait a while I’ll fix you a breakfast. Go and take a shower first.”

“Omma, you know I love you right?”

“Aigoo~ my son. Of course I know, go shower now or you’ll be late”

 

I grab my towel and took a bath for 10 minutes. Once I’ve finished showering, omma already prepared plain porridge and salted fish to eat with it.

 

I know the food is not as luxury as others, I don’t care, as long it is my omma’s cooking, it will always be the most delicious food ever.

 

I quickly finished my breakfast and pecked omma on the cheek on my way out.

 

“JiYong-ah, you forgot your favourite beanie again!’ shouted Mrs. Kwon.

 

Mrs. Kwon grabbed the beanie and gave it to Jiyong while he is wearing his snickers.

 

“Komawo, omma. Saranghae~”

 

After half an hour I arrived at the company and checked my watch. It’s 8.15.

Still have 15 minutes left.

Yeongbae haven’t arrived yet.

That’s possible because his house is a little farther than mine.

I paced around the company’s front door for around 5 minutes.

I saw some schoolgirls were on their way to school.

It’s the weekend but they still go to school, what a nice girl. Almost the same as nuna.

 

10 minutes later I finally saw Yeongbae, he’s wearing simple tee, shorts and I am still cringing at his weird hair.

But  I respect his choice.

*Keep a straight face Jiyong-ah* I chanted.

 

We went inside and have dance practice with JaeWook hyung. YG’s choreographer.

Both Yeongbae and I have no trouble dancing as we have been dancing since little.

I know he also acted in a sitcom once for a small part.

As for me, I was in Lulla with few others kid. We danced at every opening concert of Shinhwa.

 

After two hours of non-stop dancing we were given 10 minutes break.

We are already a mess. Sweat dripping and still panting.

Yeongbae handed me a towel and a bottle of mineral water.

 

“Ji, nice move” Yeongbae complimented.

“Thanks, but not perfect enough”

“Haha. Yeah. Gotta work harder!”

“What are we doing with our life Bae-ah?” I sighed. “We should be studying hard by now”

“Aigoo~ Ji. Don’t give up! Fighting~ What do you say we practice Seo Taeji and The Boys song?” Yeongbae smirked and lifted his eyebrows.

“Call ! What song is more suitable than Hyunseok’s hyung own song” I replied while laughing.

 

Now here’s another thing I like about Yeongbae, he is always positive and smiling.

His eyes turn into crescent moon when he smiles.

Now, that’s an asset that is worth to be jealous of.

 

We continued our practice when suddenly we were told to meet sajang-nim at his office.

As we sit there quietly. This is new. We have never been called personally to the sajang-nim’s office before.

He would meet us here and now at the practice room but never in his office.

 

Later, a girl showed up, around our age or maybe younger, greeted JuYeon nuna. I couldn’t catch what they were saying but she seems to be looking for Hyunseok hyung.

 

Then JuYeon nuna left but not the girl. She was on her way to go inside sajang-nim’s room when I stopped her.

 

“Yah, you can’t go in there. It’s Sajang-nim’s office. If you want to meet him you have to wait for your turn. We were here first!” I said.

 

She looks startled.

Yeongbae  was still in his own world.

 Then she looked afraid almost too immediately  and said “Sorry, I didn’t know. I’ll wait for him outside”  

 

“Ji, cool down bro. she’s just a girl and younger than us.”  

Welcome back to earth Yeongbae-ah.

 

 

“By the way, what are you doing here and what’s that with you?”, asked Yeongbae

“It’s for the president”, She replied.

 

“Wait; don’t tell me you are trying to bribe the Sajang-nim with that thing. That is so low. Who are you anyway, a trainee? Weird coz I haven’t seen you around before” 

I can't believe  I just said that. *facepalm* Good one Ji, saying rude things to a girl.

Out of the blue Hyunseok hyung showed up and called the girl his daughter.

i was like stunned and speechless, Yeongbae too.

It all happened too fast.

Suddenly I was in sajang-nim's office and that girl was nowhere in my sight anymore.

The sajang-nim said something about debuting as a group and not as a duo, actually i didn't even pay attention to what he is saying.

i'm still too shocked and agreed to whatever he was saying coz Yeongbae was too.

But, I know this. I have to find that girl again to ask for her forgiveness. 

  

 

 comment and subscribe. love u guys. <3 

I'm on my way to watch KPOP Star 2. Akdong Musician already caught my attention.