April-21-2013

Not a Seoul

 

Luhan leaned against the wall as the door slammed shut beside him. Sighing he had no idea what to do or how to spend the rest of the day. Chanyeol, Baekyeon, Suho, and the two managers had gone out on a recon mission; Haeng, Taro, and Lay were doing laundry, Kai was teaching Sap and Pinky how to do so weird dance move in the larger living room; Mink was attempting to teach Tao, Chen and Sehun English in the other, it wasn't going well from her sounds of exasperation; The noona, he still couldn't remember her name, was napping in her bed; and Kris had been in one of his weird moods for the past week, resulting in him being anti-social and causing him to kick a bored and lonely Luhan out of his room and actually slam the door.

Sighing again louder hoping someone, anyone would hear him and would want to hang out with him. It didn't work. So continuing his tirade of sighs he decided to head to the kitchen and snack. Now Luhan wasn’t going to snack on the groups precious food supply. Oh no that was exactly that, precious, no he had his own secret stash of junk food that he often brought out and ate while the others ate 'proper food' as Suho often called it but in honesty he knew everyone had at least 3 or 4 packs of sweets or cookies in their bag for those depressing times. For Luhan this was one of those times, so quickly racing to his room he grabbed his hello kitty rucksack that he stole from Kai and raced to the Kitchen.

*****************************

D.O. knelt with the entire top half of his body tucked into the crate, he heard Xiumin's encouraging cries muffled by all the packaging.

"They're not in here"

"They have to be"

"Well they're not" Pulling himself out he sat on the floor beside his friend and panted, it was pretty stuffy in there. "Are you sure they were in here?"

"Yeah. I mean I took them out, checked to make sure they were all unopened -which they were- and then placed them back in right at the bottom inside an empty carton of ramyun, underneath the lining of the crate"

"You...are really sneaky"

"Why thank you" Xiumin bowed graciously at the younger before sliding down next to him. "But where are they?"

"Could somebody else have got them?"

"I hope not" Xiumin began nibbling his lip.

"Omo~ What if it was Kris, or Suho or one of the managers?" These words only echoed Xiumin's thoughts remembering the nagging session they'd received after the last time they were caught eating what the leaders had referred to as 'crap'.

As if sensing it, that another presence entered the kitchen, causing these two to bolt upright in fear. Hearing the door open both spun round with looks of immense guilt on their faces as they hung their heads. Luhan was startled for a second, he had completely forgotten about these two, now he thought about he hadn't seen them all day. Spotting something in his Peripheral vision he too froze, this could be trouble if they found it.

"Why is the crate open?" He tried to speak casually but failed miserably as his voice cracked mid-sentence, not that either of the two took notice of his nervousness.

"Erhhhhh. Ummmmmm... well you see hyung... We ummm" Kyungsoo couldn't think of anything to say.

"We were..... ummmmmmmm" Neither could Xiumin.

"W-What did you find?"

"NOTHING" Came a shout from both the boys looking at each other, then to Luhan before returning their eyes to the floor.

"Really?" Luhan was confused all the lining of the crate had been tugged open, there was no way they could not have found them unless... "Yah! Stop lying to me"

Both boys jumped and looked up at Luhan, who was doing his best to look cross. Suddenly growing a little angry and desperate Xiumin raised his voice slightly too.

"Don't Yah us, I’m slightly older than you. We honestly didn't find anything"

"Don't Lie to me"

"I'm not"

As the two elders continues to bicker like children a thought suddenly struck D.O.

"Hyung?" Both of them turned to him. "I meant Luhan hyung, Minseok hyung"

"What?"

"What makes you think there was anything to find if you didn't have something in there hidden?"

Luhan stalled making weird hand gestures and coughing to try and earn himself more time he stuttered out "I.... Well I... I mean you two were... And I.... Erh and yeah so ... I guess we...."

"We were looking for some Tteokbokki that Xiumin hyung found and hid" D.O. admitted.

"I was looking for some cookies I hid inside the plastic bin liner behind the bottles of water" Luhan lowered himself to the floor and sat with his legs folded as he spoke. "You really didn't find anything?"

"Nope"

"We couldn't even find our rice cakes, and they were hidden really well"

"You don't think..." Luhan cut off his face paling; he couldn't bring himself to say the last part of the sentence.

And as the other two fearfully nodded his heart rate practically doubled. Despite that fact both he and Xiumin were the oldest of the group of boys they were still terrified of the wrath of the leaders.

"What are you guys doing sitting on the floor?"

As the three fully grown me jumped at shrieked at the sound of Roe's voice, she chuckled at their reaction while she walked through the middle of them to the cupboards.

"W-What are you doing here?"

"Well I don't know if I should tell you that" She teased, poking out her tongue before climbing onto the kitchen worktop and reaching up to the top cupboard, she turned slightly to stare back at the boys. "Can you keep a secret?"

As the three nodded eagerly a large grin grew on her face as she silently flicked back round, making her dark brown hair swoosh behind her. Reaching into the cupboard of cleaning supplies she took out a familiar looking black bag.

"I found these inside the crate while we were unpacking" As she descended she tipped the bad upside down, and out fell a sight that made the guys eyes widen.

"My cookies!"

"Our Tteokbokki!"

Laughing loudly now Roe covered with her hand as she explained how she had hidden some cans of soda in the crate and while searching for them had come across the others treasures.

"Hey, so this makes us all food hoarders then?" Questioned D.O. who stared at the small yet seemingly endless supply of junk in the middle of them, after Luhan had emptied his backpack and the others had returned with their hidden gold from their rooms.

"So... What do we do now?" Inquired Roe as she too stared at the pile in wonder, despite living in Korea for 9 months prior to this, there were things here that she's never even heard of before, let alone tried.

"Who’s cooking dinner tonight?"

“It's supposed to be Baekyeon and Lay"

They all groaned in remembrance of the last meal those two had concocted.

"Well..." Began Luhan tentatively. "We could always tell them not to cook any food for us because we're not hungry"

Catching on quickly D.O. and Roe got it immediately whereas Xiumin...

"Well that solves the problem of not eating their food but what are we supposed to eat instead? I can't skip meals"

"Idiot" Luhan muttered before Roe began explaining in the simplest way she can trying her hardest not to be condescending and removing the sarcasm she so wanted to add.

"Ahhhhhhhhh" Xiumin nodded getting it now. "Well what are we waiting for? Pass me a cookie please"

As the four of them sat on the floor eating, they gave it their best shot at keeping noise to a minimum but with the can of grape soda exploding and covering D.O. in a light spray of purple foam before he dropped it sending the group into a frenzy as each tried to save themselves from the cool, spurting liquid before the can eventually stopped spinning, allowing D.O. to drink the remaining half can of pop that wasn't clinging to some part of the other three.

After the feast and the disposal of the evidence, which simply required Xiumin and Luhan tossing the empty packets from the window while the other two mopped up the now sticky purple liquid from the floor, side, cupboards and endeavouring to clean each other.

"We should do this again" Kyungsoo smiled

"Defiantly" Agreed Roe, as she gently wiped behind his ears with a wet cloth. How the hell had he gotten it back here?

"What have monthly binges?" Xiumin asked checking his reflection in a pot.

"Yeah, totally" Roe once again agreed.

"Then it is settled." Luhan put his hand into the middle as the other joined in "This was the first meeting of the secret food hoarders club. The first rule of Secret food hoarders club is we don-" Luhan stopped the repetition of the cheesy lines from that one English movie Kris had made him watch when he noticed the others struggling to contain their laughter "Never mind, you know what I mean. We only discuss this while we're here and when we're organizing the next meeting, agreed?"

"Agreed" Came a conjoined reply from the other as they raised their hands and exclaimed fighting.

"So I'll go tell Lay, Roe and I aren't hungry, you two go and tell Baekyeon when he gets back" Xiumin said as he left the room followed by Roe and then D.O. As Luhan checked the clock on the kitchen wall he saw it'd been 2 hours, hearing the silence echoing throughout the house he sighed once more.

"I guess I could go ask Mink to help improve my pronunciation" He muttered to himself before finally following the others and exiting the kitchen.