Chapter 61.

Numbed.

 

 

Friday; 8 February 2013. 

 

 

 

-----Author’s POV-----

 

“What the hell happened over here?! H-How did Daehyun even end up here?!” Yongguk asked the police officer at the scene – half in shock, half in anger.

 

“A female was taken hostage by a guy, who we were told that was her brother. And the guy you are asking about, Daehyun I suppose? He’s currently being attended by our paramedics right now. No serious injuries though.” The police officer answered Yongguk calmly.

 

“Where is he right now?” Yongguk was calmer this time round.

 

“He’s over there.” The officer pointed to the ambulance that was a few metres away from they were standing.

 

“Thank you.” Yongguk rushed over to where Daehyun was immediately, with the rest of B.A.P following behind him.

 

Daehyun was staring blankly at the ground, face as white as a sheet. The injuries at the corner of his eyes and lips were covered up by a cotton pad.

 

Yongguk stopped in front of him, baffled. He was in such a bad condition that made his heart break. But what worried him the most was the way he was acting.

 

He’s blanking out, which means that something serious happened. Probably something happened to Yeojin since she’s the only one that can put him in such state.

 

“D-Daehyunnie?” Himchan called out gently. Daehyun’s eyes shifted away from the ground slowly when he heard Himchan’s voice.

 

“Hyung.” His voice was so weak and soft that you could barely hear it.

 

“Are you okay?” Himchan took a step closer to him and examined his bandages.

 

“I’m fine. But...” Daehyun trailed off.

 

“But what?” Youngjae plucked up the courage to continue asking.

 

“Yeojin... She’s...” Daehyun’s eyes shifted back onto the ground, a single tear streaming down his cheek.

 

Youngjae turned away from him. He couldn’t stand to see his friend in such a state. Daehyun didn’t have to finish off his sentence. He already knew how bad it was judging from Daehyun’s reaction.

 

“We need someone to follow him to the hospital. But not all the 5 of you will be taking this ambulance. There’s another one not far away, 3 of you will take that.” A paramedic walked over and informed them.

 

“Himchan will go on this ambulance with me, the rest of you take the other one. We will meet at the hospital later.” Yongguk instructed, obviously in a bad shape.

 

Youngjae nodded and nudged Jongup’s arm, telling him to start walking. Youngjae started walking towards the van, Zelo and Jongup trailing behind him.

 

“Jonguppie hyung, where’s noona? I’m worried about her.” Zelo asked Jongup timidly.

 

Jongup looked towards Youngjae who was walking in front of him with his hands inside his pockets, “I don’t know too, Zelo. But I hope she’s fine.”

 

Youngjae was about to go up to the other ambulance when he was stopped by a paramedic.

 

“I’m sorry, but you can’t board the ambulance unless you are related to the patient.” The paramedic told Youngjae.

 

“Who’s the patient?” Youngjae asked, a little frustrated.

 

The paramedic took a look at the piece of paper clipped to a metal board in his hands, “Choi Yeojin.”

 

Youngjae froze and he stared at the paramedic as if he just spoken in a foreign language.

 

“We know her, we are from the same company.” Jongup answered for Youngjae.

 

The paramedic took a look at Youngjae before glancing at Jongup. He nodded and motioned towards the ambulance.

 

“Please hurry and board it, her condition isn’t looking too good.”

 

Jongup nodded and he shook Youngjae’s arm. “Hyung, we have to go.”

 

Youngjae shook his head, “I can’t.”

 

“Hyung, what do you mean by you can't? We need to board the ambulance now!” Zelo raised his voice at Youngjae.

 

“I can’t see her in such state.” Youngjae lowered his head.

 

“Hyung, no matter whether you want to see Yeojin in a bad shape or not, we have to go. You heard the paramedic, her condition isn’t good. If we drag further, it might get even worse.”

 

Youngjae lifted his head up and met eyes with Jongup. Jongup gave him a reassuring nod and Youngjae went into the ambulance after Jongup and Zelo.

 

Silence filled the air, no one spoke a single word. The 3 of them were taken aback by the person lying in front of them right now.

 

Youngjae tore his eyes away from Yeojin as a tear trickled down his cheek. He clamped his hand over his mouth.

 

Both of Yeojin’s wrists were bandaged up and her right leg was bandaged up too, blood staining the bandage and the bed sheet.

 

Youngjae buried his face in his hands, feeling the anger building up in him. I should have protected her. I shouldn’t even have given in to her request in the first place. Now look at the state she’s in. .

 

“Hyung, it’s not your fault.” Jongup placed his hand on Youngjae’s shoulder, attempting to calm him down.

 

“It sure is.” Youngjae answered, his voice muffled.

 

Jongup let out a sigh and removed his hand from Youngjae’s shoulder. His eyes fleeted over to Yeojin’s face which was pale, without any signs of blooding flowing through the veins.

 

He looked at Zelo who was sitting beside him. Zelo was staring at the front blankly, no signs of emotions on his face.

 

Jongup planted his elbows on his knees and held Yeojin’s hand in his. Jinnie, please be fine. Please.

 

He rested his forehead on their intertwined hands, praying hard.

 

*****

 

“I’m sorry but you can’t enter.” The nurse told Zelo who was insisting on following them into the emergency room.

 

Himchan pulled him back, “You can’t enter.”

 

Zelo stopped struggling and stood still, staring at the doors of the emergency room.

 

Himchan walked over to the chairs and sat down beside Yongguk who was in a trance since he saw Yeojin.

 

The sound of approaching footsteps made Yongguk lift his head up, looking at the direction the sound was coming from.

 

Manager Kang emerged round the corner and the expression on his face showed that he was worried sick about the boys.

 

“Hyung.” Yongguk stood up immediately. B.A.P was close to their manager, especially Yongguk.

 

Manager Kang placed a hand on Yongguk’s shoulder and looked at the other boys. His eyes stopped at Daehyun who was sitting on one of the chairs, beside Youngjae. He was leaning back against the chair and staring into space.

 

Yongguk, as if being able to read Manager Kang’s mind, said “Hyung, can we talk for a moment? In private.”

 

Manager Kang nodded and they walked to the end of the hallway, away from the rest of the members.

 

“What is it?” Manager Kang asked.

 

Yongguk kept fidgeting, “It’s Yeojin... She’s not in a good shape.”

 

“I heard about what happened from the police but how bad is she exactly is?”

 

Yongguk shrugged, “We don’t know either. But she doesn’t look good at all.”

 

Manager Kang nodded solemnly, “The only thing we can do now is to hope that she’s going to be fine.” Manager Kang patted Yongguk’s back.

 

“I will go get something light for all of you to eat.” Manager Kang said and walked away, heading to the cafeteria.

 

Yongguk let out a sigh and made his way back to where the other members were. He sat down on the chair, beside Himchan.

 

The atmosphere was tensed, everyone was worried sick. No one spoke a word because they were all busy praying for Yeojin’s well-being.

 

Youngjae kept stealing glances at Daehyun, he was obviously worried about his friend. He wanted to comfort him but he didn’t know how to. He, himself, isn’t anywhere better than him right now.

 

He sighed inwardly and buried his face in his hands. 

 

The doors of the emergency room swung opened and the doctor hurried out. She removed the left string of the mask that’s looped over her ear and looked at the 5 worried faces in front of her.

 

“The patient has passed the crucial period but...” She stopped suddenly. “I don’t think she’s able to dance anymore.”

 

The 5 of them froze, knowing how important dancing is to Yeojin.

 

“When, when can we see her?” Yongguk’s voice was a little shaky.

 

“You can see her in a short while after she’s transferred to a room.”

 

Yongguk heaved a sigh of relief, feeling as though a huge rock was removed from his shoulders. “Thank you.”

 

The doctor nodded and bowed a little before walking back into the emergency room. 

-----

Update! ^^

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to its rightful owner! ^^