Chapter 59.

Numbed.

 

 

 

Tuesday; 5 February 2013. 

 

 

I held the microphone in my hands tighter and lifted it up closer to my lips.

to be honest from the first time we met saying i like you was not easy for me to do

if i don’t approach you first i was afraid of losing you

i wrote letters and prepare small gifts for you

if my love for you goes any deeper it would only hurt me more
its true my mind is full of fear

i pray with all my heart
the person that i’m hoping for
i believe that person is you”
I sang the first verse.

“i’m in love, i fall in love.” The both of us chorused. The both of us kept turning to face each other time to time but we didn’t look in each other’s eyes.

there’s no way around it, i can’t hide my heart, you’re so beautiful

i thought i never gonna fall in love
but i’m in love cause i wanna love you baby

thruthfully from the first time i met you
somewhere inside my heart, you crashed like a strong wave

you’re the only thing i think about all day
i can be a good lover, wanna be your four-leafed clover
i will make you feel like the happiest woman in the world

you gotta believe me, make you never gonna leave me
i won’t make you promises, i will just show it to you”

I looked towards the front, melting at his voice. I lifted the microphone up to my lips again.

“i’m in love with you baby

i fall in love, there’s no way around it”

The both of us sang together, putting the song to a perfect ending. The song was cut short actually, as instructed by the producer.

“That was amazing, I might consider replacing Taeil with Daehyun.” The producer beamed at us.

I walked away from them and made my way to the washroom.

I placed my hand under the tap, waiting for water to come out. Sensing my hand, water came gushing out of the tap.

I cupped my hands together and filled water in them, splashing my face with the icy cold water.

I supported myself by planting my palms on both sides of the sink. I stared at myself in the mirror, breathing heavily.

“What are you doing, Choi Yeojin?” I lowered down my head and sighed. I stood up straight and buried my face in my hands, trying to clear my mind.

I wiped off the remaining water on my face and made my way out of the washroom.

 

“Let’s start the second round of rehearsals!” I heard the producer said through the microphone the moment I stepped into the concert hall.

 

I took a look and all the members were already on stage. I quickened up my pace and joined them.

 

“You okay?” Yuna whispered to me while waiting for the music.

 

I simply nodded at her and continued staring at the front.

 

*****

 

 

Thursday; 7 February 2013.

 

 

“Woah noona, that was amazing!” Zelo stared at me in awe when we stepped off the stage after our special stage.

 

“Hyung, why didn’t I know about the changes in the choreography?” Zelo turned and looked at Jongup.

 

Jongup shrugged, “It was Yeojin who told me last minute that she wanted to add in things to the choreography. Blame her, not me.” He smiled foolishly.

 

Zelo pretended that he did not hear the last part, “Noona, I didn’t know you could do headstands!”

 

I chuckled lightly, “I’ve been practicing that for a long time and I even got a lot of bruises around my elbow.”

 

Zelo snickered, “Noona, be careful or else no one wants you in the future.”

 

I rolled my eyes jokingly, “Then I will just remain single till I die then.” I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

 

Zelo guffawed and slung his arm over my shoulder, “It’s okay, noona. If no one wants you, Zelo wants you.” His cheeks pinked slightly.

 

I smiled at him, feeling touched. I was about to thank him when I felt the weight of his arm disappearing from my shoulder suddenly.

 

“Fat hope, Junhong. If Yeojin is still single after 35, she’s mine.” I turned and saw Jongup beside me, smiling like an angel.

 

I stared at him in shock, who knows someone like him will say such things?

 

“What?” Jongup innocently asked.

 

“Wow hyung, that was unexpected.” Zelo answered for me.

 

Jongup shrugged, “She’s like a little sister to me so I’m going to protect her forever.” Jongup winked at me.

 

I continued staring at him, with my mouth slightly opened.

 

“Stop staring at me like that, your eyes look like they are going to fall out.” Jongup teased. “Let’s join the others for dinner! We finished the showcase without any difficulties.”

 

“But we are going back to Korea tomorrow and we didn’t even have the chance to walk around Singapore.” Zelo whined.

 

Jongup let out a soft sigh, “Yeah, it’s a pity. But I guess we have to wait till the next time we make a visit here. Let’s just enjoy our dinner for now, let’s go!”

 

Jongup dragged me along by my arm while I had a smile on my face.

 

*****

 

“Why can’t we take the plane back tomorrow morning? Everything is so rushed. Argh.” Yuna complained as she packed her stuffs into her luggage.

 

I plopped down onto the bed and lied down, staring up at the ceiling. “It’s indeed a little too soon but that’s the order given by the CEO. We can’t do anything about it.” My voice dripping with sarcasm.

 

“You finished packing already?” Yuna asked in frustration.

 

“Yup.” I replied.

 

Yuna didn’t utter another single word and continued packing her belongings. Well, she wouldn’t have so much to pack now if she didn’t left all her things scattered around the hotel room.

 

And other thing was that she brought along a little too many unnecessary items.

 

“Yeojin, have you seen my book?” Yuna asked me while rummaging through her clothes which she have just packed into her luggage.

I held back a sigh, Seriously, who would bring a book when she’s overseas for a showcase and she barely has the time to even sleep?

 

“It’s on the bedside table.” I answered without moving a single inch.

 

“Oh, it is? Thanks!” She said and walked over to the bedside table to grab her book.

 

“So,” Yuna started but stopped without finishing off. I sat up right and looked at her. Her back was facing me and she was still packing her luggage.

 

“So what?” I asked, thinking that she won’t continue if I didn’t.

 

“Erm,” She stopped packing for a moment but she didn’t turned around to face me. “You and Daehyun...” She paused again.

 

“Ah, nvm.” She said and continued packing.

 

My eyebrows furrowed; half in confusion, the other half in frustration. I hate it when people wanted to ask me something but decided not to in the end and leave me hanging there like a fool.

 

I shrugged it off and lied back down onto the bed.

 

*****

 

“Another 8 boring hours.” Youngjae grumbled. Why am I always sitting beside him though?

 

“Don’t you have your iPad?” I asked while connecting my earphones into my iPod.

 

“It’s not mine, it’s kind of a shared thing but Junhong is hogging it.” Youngjae complained and made a face which I happened to steal a glance of.

 

I chuckled softly, “Don’t do that, you look ugly.” I .

 

“Psh, shut up.” He shot back.

 

I smiled and shook my head while choosing the songs for my playlist.

 

“Yah, share that with me! I forgot to charge my phone.” Youngjae said while nudging my arm.

 

I didn’t bother to lift my head up from my phone. “No, share it with Daehyun.”

 

I don’t know why but his name feels so foreign to me. As if he’s a stranger to me. But we all know he isn’t. Maybe we are just strangers who know each other well.

 

“It’s better to leave him alone. Just share it with me, you idiot!”

 

I suddenly remembered about Block B, which was at the showcase with us but I didn’t have the chance to talk to them at all.

 

I sighed, “Fine.” I gave him the other side of the earphones.

 

I played ‘Glee-Give Your Heart A Break’ and placed my iPod on the armrest between me and Youngjae.

 

I titled my head slightly and stared out of the window, my actions slightly restricted by the earphones. 

 

*****

 

Friday; 8 February 2013.

 

 

I actually slept through the entire 8 hours plane journey, which shows how tired I am. By the time we touched down in Korea, it was already 6am the next morning.

 

The thought of having to return back to school next week irks me. Yup, I was told to return back to school during dinner yesterday.

 

How great is that.

 

We were waiting for our luggage at the conveyor belts and everyone looked like they were going to doze off any moment. Except for me, of course. I slept throughout the entire journey.

 

I looked at Yuna, who was standing beside me, in amusement. Her eyes were shut and she was nodding off even though she’s standing.

 

I chuckled softly and shook my head.

 

“Don’t you want your luggage, you silly puppy?” Jongup suddenly appeared in front of me with my luggage.

 

I smiled meekly at him, “Thanks, Uppie.”

 

He smiled warmly at me and ruffled my hair before walking away.

 

After every single one of us got back our luggage, we gathered in front of the door leading to the exit and passed all our luggages to our managers.

 

The practice was that the luggages are passed to them to be left in the van because they were afraid that it might get pulled away by fans in the chaos.

 

Some of the airport officers gave a helping hand and the 19 of us stood there, waiting for further instructions.

 

“Let’s go.” Yongguk spotted Manager Kang by the door and started walking towards him.

 

The rest of us followed behind him. As usual, screams filled the air the moment B.A.P was seen.

 

I was getting used to it already. It shows that they are being loved, that’s something good.

 

I muttered countless ‘sorry’ as I squeezed through the fans that were being blocked by the security guards. They are trying their best to clear out a way for us but the fans kept pushing them.

 

I felt someone tugging my arm but I ignored it, thinking that a security guard will yank the hand off me. I was being pulled back by whoever it was and I was panicking because I was the last.

 

I tried twisting my hand out of the person’s grip but I couldn’t. My eyes widened in shock when I was turned around by the hand that was grabbing my arm. 

 

-----

Update! ^^

I'm so sorry that this chapter took so long!

Anyway,

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to its respective owner! ^^