Chapter 55.

Numbed.

 

 

Sunday; 20 January 2013. 

 

-----Daehyun's POV-----

"Don't worry about it too much, Daehyun. Try asking her about it, I will talk to her later too." Yuna assured me and I nodded. She walked away and grabbed her stage clothes from the couch before heading to the other changing room. 

I walked over to the couch and plopped down beside Youngjae. 

"What's up with that face of yours?" he asked me the moment I sat down. 

I turned and met his eyes, "It's Yeojin. I think she's keeping something from us. Even Yuna says so. Do you know if anything happened recently?" 

He thought for a moment before answering me, "I haven't been talking to her a lot recently so I have no idea if anything happened too. Do you need me to talk to her?" 

I sighed a little, "You might have to if she's not going to tell me anything." 

Youngjae nodded, "Don't worry too much for the moment." I hummed in response and he went back to his iPad. 

I had my eyes fixed on the door of the changing room, waiting for her to step out. 

The door opened and Yeojin walked out, fiddling with her set of clothes she wore here. My eyes traced every single actions of hers. She wasn't acting herself today. 

She would be joking around with Yuna and the guys usually. But today, she's just sitting there, letting the stylist do her makeup and hair quietly. 

I would catch a occasional sigh escaping from and a small frown playing on her lips. 

"Girls, 30 seconds more before we head to the stage." Yeojin's face still remained expressionless as the stylist made the final touches to her makeup. 

She stood up after the stylist was done and took a quick glance in the mirror, adjusting her outfit before stepping out of the waiting room behind the other members. 

Me and the other B.A.P members were sitting on the couch, engrossed in our own stuffs. I had my eyes glued on the door, spacing out. 

I felt a nudge and I turned. 

"You okay? You have been staring at her all along since she stepped out of the changing room. Looks like my 'don't worry too much at the moment' didn't register in your brain." Youngjae said a little sarcastically. 

I looked away from him and continued staring at the door. I heard him sigh a little and he didn't say anything else so I guess he went back to his iPad. 

"Hyung." I tore my eyes away from the door and looked up at the figure towering over me. 

"Zelo? Do you need anything?" 

"Hyung, are you okay?" Zelo shifted uneasily. 

I shrugged, "Yes, I'm. I'm just worried about Yeojin."

"Noona? What happened to her?" Zelo tilted his head slightly to the side. 

I shook my head, "I have no idea too but I know that something is wrong." 

He nodded slowly, "Hyung, you must not be as down as Yeojin noona. You can't cheer her up if you are like this." 

A small smile spreaded over my face, "I got it, Zelo. Thank you." He grinned at me before lunging at Youngjae who was hogging the iPad for the whole while. 

I could hear their silly squabble beside me but I tuned them out. I directed my attention to the tv that was fixed on the wall that was playing the live performance of Sunny Hill. 

There was a close shot of Yeojin and I could see that she was really tired. My heart broke a little, seeing the state she's in. 

What kind of boyfriend am I when I don't even know what's wrong with her... I mentally blamed myself. 

*****

"Yeojin..." I called her softly. 

"Hmm?" She stopped packing her things and looked up, meeting my eyes. 

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?" 

She smiled a little and shook her head, "Nothing's wrong. I'm just tired, really tired." 

I looked at her, not believing a single word she just said. "Okay then, rest well when you get back to the dorm. I'm heading out with the B.A.P members." 

She gave me another smile and nodded, proceeding to pack her things again. I took one last glance at her and let out a inaudible sigh. 

I walked towards the rest of the B.A.P members while looking down at the floor. 

"Daehyunnie, Yeojin isn't coming with us?" 

I shook my head, "She's going back to the dorm to rest because she's tired." 

"Well okay then, let's get going." Yongguk said as he slung his bag over his shoulder. "Goodbye girls, we will get going first." The Sunny Hill members bade their goodbyes and waved at us as we were making our way out of the waiting room. 

"Do you want to go back to the dorm first? I don't think you are in the mood to hang out with us today." Youngjae asked me when we were out of the waiting room. 

"It's okay, I will just tag along. There's nothing to do back at the dorm too." 

Youngjae nodded and the both of us followed behind the others in silence. 

*****

"Daehyunnie? Why aren't you eating? I thought you love to eat?" Yongguk asked worriedly. 

Himchan snickered, "I think he finally realised that he's going to turn into a pig if he keeps eating non-stop." Himchan yelped in pain when he earned a smack at the back of his head from Yongguk. 

Himchan grew worried too when he realised that I wasn't talking back like how I used to. "Y-yah, Daehyunnie. I'm just kidding, you can eat all you want, you won't grow fat anyway." 

"Why can't you seem to say anything right?!" Yongguk hissed. 

"Psh, what? I'm stating the truth, aren't I?" 

I ignored the both of them and leant back against the chair, staring into space. 

"I know you are worried about Yeojin but you still need to eat, right?" 

"How can I eat when she's so down and I don't even know the reason that she's acting like this?" I said in frustration. 

Youngjae sighed for the countless time, "You need to give her some time. Maybe all she needs is time. I'm sure she will tell you what's wrong when the time is right. You need to eat something at least." 

I shook my head, "I don't have any appetite." 

Youngjae ruffled his hair in frustration and sighed. "I just can't stand the both of you two. As stubborn as bulls." 

"Hyung, do you want to go back to the dorm? I'm heading back after this." 

I kept my eyes fixed on the ground while I shook my head, "It's okay, Jonguppie. You don't have to go back to the dorm if you don't want to. I'm fine tagging along with you guys." 

"It's okay, hyung. I'm not feeling very well either." 

I nodded a little and waited for Jongup to finish his meal. 

"Hyung, I'm done. Shall we go?" 

"Do you want me to ask manager hyung to fetch you guys back to the dorm?" 

"It's okay, Yongguk hyung. We can just take a cab." Jongup replied. 

"Okay then, take care on the way back. Drop me a text when you reached the dorm." 

"I got it, hyung. See you guys later back at the dorm." 

The both of us went out of the restaurant we were in and Jongup flagged down a cab along the streets. We went inside and the both of us didn't speak for the whole journey back to the dorm. 

*****

-----Jongup's POV-----

To: Jinnie.

Hey Jinnie, what are you doing right now? Are you free for a chat? 

 

I hit the send button and placed my phone on my lap, waiting for her reply. I was sitting on the couch in the living room. The television was switched on but I wasn't paying any attention to it. 

Daehyun hyung was in his room, he went straight inside the moment we came back. I was worried about him so I decided to find out what's going on. Hopefully I can be of some help. 

My phone vibrated and I took it up from my lap, sliding the unlock bar. 

 

From: Jinnie

I'm not really doing anything in particular so I guess I'm free for a chat. It's been quite some time since we have talked too... 

 

I sighed a little, feeling sad over the fact that the both of us had really drifted apart. 

 

To: Jinnie

Because we didn't get to talk much recently, is everything okay? 

 

I held my phone in my hands, thinking whether she will tell me what's going on. What could it be? Block B? Her brother? 

I took a look at the television, our 'No Mercy' MV was playing. I smiled a little, reminiscing the moments when we were on the stage, as one. I missed the times when we were promoting, I don't really like the break we are currently having now. 

Being on the stage, it feels more realistic and true. The vibration of my phone broke my thoughts. 

 

From: Jinnie

Yeah, everything's fine. How about you? 

 

My heart sank a little. She lied to me, something was obviously not right about her. If not Daehyun hyung would not be so worried about her. I wasn't angry that she didn't told me what happened. At least she didn't have to lie that everything's fine. She could have told me that something was wrong. 

I wouldn't force her to tell me what's wrong but she didn't have to pretend everything is okay. 

 

To: Jinnie

I know something is not right. I won't force you to tell me if you are not ready to or you are not willing to. But I just want to let you know something. Daehyun hyung realised that you were acting strangely and he is really worried about you. He skipped a meal and he locked himself in the room when we came back to the dorm. 

 

I was expecting a reply from her but instead, she gave me a call. 

"Uppie?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Is Daehyun alright?" 

"I don't think he is. He's really worried but I guess he's more of disappointed." 

"Disappointed? Why?" 

"Yeojin, don't you see it?"

"I don't understand what you are talking about." 

I sighed a little, "Even though Daehyun hyung didn't tell me his thoughts and feelings, I can tell that he's upset. Yes, he's worried about you. But he's more disappointed because he's your boyfriend but he doesn't even know what happened to you. No one likes that, being kept in the dark. It doesn't feel good at all, especially to Daehyun hyung. By right, he should be the first one to know what's bothering you. Instead, he doesn't even know a thing and he can't help you at all. Don't you see how much it's hurting him seeing you in this state?" 

There was silence at the other end of the line. 

And then there was nothing but the sound of beeps, indicating that I was hung up on. I lowered my phone from my ear and tossed it on the couch. 

I feel as worse as Daehyun hyung is right now. 

The feeling of seeing your loved ones upset and not being to help at all isn't good at all. It , big time. It feels like you are being eaten up by it and no matter how hard you try to shake that feeling off, it's set on clinging onto you. 

If I'm already feeling like this, I bet Daehyun hyung is feeling a thousand times worse. 

Ding Dong! 

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Yongguk hyung should have the keys. I stood up from the couch reluctantly and made my way over to the door. 

I unlocked the lock and opened the door, lifting my head up to see who was it. 

"I'm screwing up again, aren't I?" 

-----

Update^^

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to its respective owner! ^^