Chapter 48.

Numbed.

 

 

Saturday; December 15. 

 

-----U-kwon's POV-----

"What are you waiting for? Let's go." I ran out of the dorm with Zico following behind me. 

Me and Yeojin were supposed to go to the bookstore to get the textbooks and stationeries we need for next year. Zico knew about it and he wanted to tag along because he said he had nothing else to do.

And, Zico didn't allow Yeojin to continue working at the cafe. He told her to rest till the end of this week and go back only next week. He's acting a little weird but I didn't really ponder much about it. 

"Where are we heading to?" Zico asked, panting a little. 

"To the squash court. My racket is missing so I guess she might have went there." I answered back. 

I bolted down the hallway, not paying much attention to the things along the hallway because my eyes were fixed on the doors leading to the squash court. 

Zico pulled my by my arm and spun me around. I opened my mouth to ask him what was that for but I stopped when I realised what he was looking at. 

My eyes widened slightly in shock. I stood there with Zico, not knowing of what to do. In front of our eyes was Yeojin and she was staring into space, face drained from its colour. 

Zico let go of my arm and approached Yeojin slowly. I tagged behind and bent down beside her. 

I spoke before Zico, "Jinnie?" 

She didn't moved an inch at all. "Jinnie." My voice was slightly louder this time round. Her eyes slowly tore away from the wall in front of her and flickered to mine. She gave me a small smile which made my heart shatter into pieces. 

Just what happened between her and the B.A.P guys?! 

"Yeojin, let's go back to the dorm, okay?" Zico said in a gentle voice. Her eyes were still looking into mine. I couldn't sense any happiness in them. I let out a soft sigh and slipped my arm under her knees and the other around her shoulder, lifting her up from the ground. 

"Hyung?" Zico snapped out of his trance and picked up the racket, standing up. I started walking back to the dorm.

Yeojin leant against my chest and she closed her eyes.  

*****

"Hyung, can you help me grab the blanket and pillow from my bed and lay it over the couch?" I whispered to Zico when we were inside the dorm. He nodded and went into the bedroom, grabbing the items I told him. 

He covered the couch with the blanket and placed the pillow on top of the armrest of the couch. 

I slowly laid Yeojin down on the couch and went into the bedroom to grab her blanket. 

Where did Zico hyung go? 

I slightly tilted my head in confusion, wondering where he could have went. I shook those thoughts off and went over to the couch, covering Yeojin with her blanket. 

She stirred a little and the corner of her lips curled up a little. I took a last glance at her before going into the kitchen to prepare some food for her. I made some soup and porridge for her and left a post-it note on the dining table. 

 

Eat the things I prepared for you once you wake up. I might not be around cause I'm making a trip to the bookstore to get the materials we need for next year. Remember to eat it!

-Kwonnie. 

-----End of U-kwon's POV-----

*****

I flipped over to the other side, immediately regretting it when pain shot through my back. I winced in pain and opened my eyes. 

Wait, I'm back in the dorm? 

I slowly sat up right, with one hand supporting my back. Damn it. 

Where's kwon? 

I got up from the couch, trying not to move my back that much. I walked towards the dining table because the bright pink post-it note caught my eye. 

I ripped the note off the table and read it. I looked at the stove and there was two small pots sitting on the stove. A small smile came onto my face. 

I placed the note back down on the table and went over to take the pots and placed them on the dining table. 

Kwon's cooking is the best. I smiled while digging in. 

*****

Where's my phone? 

I emptied out all the contents in my bag on my study table. It isn't here? Did I leave it in the squash court? No wait I didn't even brought it to the squash court yesterday. Where did I leave it? 

I gave up and went back to the living room, waiting for U-kwon to return. I leant back against the couch and stared at the ceiling. 

When is U-kwon coming back... 

30 minutes went by but U-kwon wasn't back yet. "Kim Yukwon, hurry back." I mumbled to myself. 

"Did you missed me that much till you have to talk to yourself?" I lifted my head up immediately. 

"You are finally back! Do you know where's my phone?" 

He slipped his free hand into his pocket and took my phone out. "Here it is." 

He walked over and passed it to me. 

"Thanks." I beamed at him. 

He nodded, "I got you your books and other stationeries you need. Oh right, I bought you a new bag too." He said while walking into the bedroom. 

"A new bag? You didn't have to. My old one is fine." 

"You call that fine? Take a closer look at it idiot." He shouted from the room. I rolled my eyes, forgetting that he can't see it. 

I stared at my phone, not knowing what to do with it. Why was I searching for it? I don't even have anything to do with my phone. 

I let out a soft sigh and placed my phone on the couch, beside me. 

*****

 

Tuesday; 1st January 2013. 

 

The first day of school. 

I changed into a grey long sleeve tee with leather sleeves and a white shorts. We didn't need to wear a uniform in this school, we can wear anything we want. 

I tied my hair up into a usual bun and stepped out of the bathroom. 

"Are you excited, Yeojin?" U-kwon was grinning widely at me. I shook my head and his smile slowly faded away. 

"Psh. You are no fun." He stuck his tongue out at me and went into the bathroom. I chuckled softly to myself and went into the room to pack my bag. 

I packed the books into the new school bag U-kwon bought for me and slung it over my shoulder. 

"Yah Kim Yukwon! Are you done yet? We have to report by 7.30am and it's already 7.20am! Hurry and get out!" 

"You were the one who spent such a long time in the bathroom and I couldn't use it!" U-kwon shouted back at me. 

"Aish I will give you 5 more minutes!" 

"Stop nagging!" 

"Shut up and concentrate on your hair, idiot." I muttered the last part. 

"Argh, I'm done." He stormed out of the bathroom and glared at me while I handed him his bag. He snatched it from me and walked out of the dorm. 

"Where's my thank you?" I closed the door behind me and caught up with him.

"Thank you for occupying the toilet for so long and thank you for rushing me." He sounded like a kid. 

"Yah Kim Yukwon, stop being so petty. Fine, I got it, I will spend lesser time in the bathroom, okay? It's not as if I spent an hour in there." 

"You spent 30 minutes in there! THIRTY! T-H-I-R-T-Y! I wonder what do you do in there." 

I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm a girl, do you know that?" 

He waved his hands in the air dismissively, "I'm sorry but you don't look like one to me." 

I scowled at him and looked back to the front. I wonder how will school here be like. It will be different, right? Now that I'm starting again in a new place. 

I let out a soft sigh. At least I have U-kwon. I smiled to myself. 

"Gosh. Are you crazy?" I turned and saw U-kwon staring at me, with one of his eyebrows raised. 

I wish I was. 

-----

UPDATE! ^^

Wow my fic reached 100 subbies!

A very big thank you too all my readers out there! 

Thanks for supporting this fic even though it isn't really good. 

Please keep commenting hehehe! I read them all, it's just that I don't reply to them. 

So, please keep on commenting! I appreciate each and every one of the comments! :D I really do hehe. 

Anyway,

ENJOY~

 

All gif/picture used belong to its respective owner! ^^