Chapter 46.

Numbed.

 

 

Thursday; November 29.

 

"Y-Yeojin?" 

"Hi, Yongguk oppa. How are you?" 

"I'm fine. Why did you call suddenly though?"

"Ah, I watched the performance today and.. Youngjae wasn't there?" 

"Oh er Youngjae is sick. He's down with flu so erm yeah." 

"You are lying, aren't you?" I could hear him sigh at the other end of the line.

"Hyung! What are you doing?! We got to rush to the radio station! Hurry!" I heard Jongup's voice in the background. 

"Aish I got it!" Yongguk shouted back.

"Yeojin, I'm really sorry but  I have to go now. Can I call you back later?" 

"It's okay. Hurry and go for your schedules. Bye oppa." 

He said a hurried 'bye' and hung up. Just what exactly happened? 

I called Youngjae, again and again. He wasn't picking up his phone at all. 

"Argh." I dumped my phone onto the couch, rested my elbows on my knees and buried my face into my hands. 

"Yah devil, what happened?" 

I removed my hands from my face and U-kwon was standing in front of me. He bent down to meet my eyes. 

"Is something wrong?" 

I nodded slightly, "It's Youngjae." 

"What happened to him?" 

"I don't know. He's the one missing from the broadcast today. Yongguk oppa told me he was sick but I could tell he was lying. I called Youngjae and he isn't picking up at all." I said in frustration. 

"Hey, don't worry too much okay? If something really did happened, you won't be able to solve anything like this. Maybe you should give Yongguk another call." 

"I'm waiting for him to call back." I said a little calmer this time round. 

U-kwon nodded, "Then just wait for it without troubling yourself over it too much. Come and eat." He pulled me up gently by my arm. 

*****
 

Friday; November 30.

 

Argh it's probably early in the morning right now. Who's calling me!? 

I slipped my hand under my pillow and grabbed my phone. I slid the bar and answered the call without seeing who the caller is. 

"Hello?" My voice was a little husky. 

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" 

My eyes widened at the voice. "D-Daehyun?" I stammered. 

"Your voice sound really funny." I could hear him chuckling. I wonder how can you still laugh if you know the truth... 

He cleared his throat when he realised that I wasn't responding to him. "Erm Yongguk hyung asked me to call you. Youngjae caught the flu bug so he's resting in the dorm." 

They are asking Daehyun to make the call because he's a better liar? 

"Why aren't you saying anything?" 

"I want to talk to him." 

"Okay just give me a second. Yah, Yoo Youngjae. Yeojin wants to talk to you." 

"Say I'm sleeping." I could hear the conversation between the both of them. 

"YAH YOO YOUNGJAE!" I hollered. "Aish Jung Daehyun why didn't you cover the phone or put it on hold!? Aish just give me the phone." 

"Hello?" 

"Hello my you idiot." 

"Wow wow. Please no vulgarities okay?" 

"Tch. You are sick? I don't think you are sick. You certainly don't sound like it." 

Youngjae cleared his throat. "I'm really sick. It's just that-" 

"Let's end this conversation here since you are just going to continue lying to me. Well, I wish you a speedy recovery." I hung up on him and switched off my phone. 

I slipped my phone back under my pillow and tried to go back to sleep. Argh damn. I can't sleep. 

I was too angry to sleep. "Argh." I ruffled my hair in frustration. "I hate you, Yoo Youngjae." 

I got down from the bed and decided to take a walk outside the campus. 

 

I in deep breathes of the cool morning air, enjoying the peace. 

"What are you doing here at this timing?! And wearing this!?" I jumped at the sudden voice. I turned back and Zico was eyeing me up and down. 

I looked down at what I was wearing, "What?" 

"You are wearing a tanktop and a shorts. Why do you like wearing such revealing clothes out!? And do you know what time it is right now?! It's 3am in the morning! You didn't even grab a jacket?"

I couldn't help but chuckled at how silly he sound. "What?" He demanded with his eyes furrowed together. 

"You sound like my Mum." My smile slowly faded away when I realised what did I just said. "I mean you sound like a grandmother." 

He took off his coat and draped it over me. "I don't need this." I took the jacket off and was about to hand it back to him when I noticed him giving me a face. 

I looked away from his eyes and wore the coat. It's too big. I look like a penguin. 

"What about you?" I suddenly remembered. 

"I think I'm stronger than you." I rolled my eyes at him. 

"What are you doing here anyway?" 

"I couldn't sleep and I decided to take a walk." 

"Oh. Wearing a tanktop and shorts." 

I sighed, "Can you stop harping on it?" 

He chuckled lightly, "I was just kidding, idiot." 

"Tch. What are you doing here anyway?" 

He immediately looked away and began walking towards the direction of the campus. I walked quite a distance from the campus. 

I followed behind him immediately, "You have not answered my question!" 

Zico ignored me and continued staring at the front while walking. 

"Yah!" I poked his sides. 

He jumped a little and he covered his sides. "Hehe so you are afraid of people tickling you, aren't you?" I smiled at him evilly.

"What? No. Tch." His eyes darted around nervously. 

"You're lying and I hate it when people do that. So hurry and tell me or else..." I blinked at him with a sly grin on my face. 

"You are really scary, do you know that?" He took a few steps away from me. 

I stuck my tongue out at him. "I'm just taking a walk, like you." 

"Wrong answer, try again. Your house is like an hour's journey away from here." 

"I will tell you when the right time comes." 

"Why is everyone not telling me the truth?" I mumbled to myself. 

"What did you say?"

"Nothing." 

*****

 

Friday; December 14.

 

Wow it's December 14 already? I have been avoiding Youngjae's call since that morning. He sent me a bunch of texts but I always delete them without reading. 

Out of everyone, he got to be the one who lied to me. And I'm not planning to forgive him that easily. Well, actually the rest of B.A.P have tried calling me but I avoided their calls too. 

 

"Happy birthday!" The 7 of us cheered together and clapped in unison. 

"Thank you so much guys!" B-bomb attacked me into a hug. I chuckled softly and patted his back lightly. 

"Hyung! Let her go!" U-kwon whined. This guy can be really overprotective of me sometimes... 

B-bomb ignored him and continued hugging me, swinging me left and right. 

"Minhyuk oppa!" He chuckled and let go off me. "Hurry and make the wish and blow the candles!" U-kwon nagged. 

"Yah Kim Yukwon! Can you stop nagging like a old grandmother?!" B-bomb slightly yelled at him. 

He clasped his hand together and closed his eyes, making a wish. Moments later, he blew off the candles. With a little help from P.O.

"Pyo Ji Hoon! Your saliva got all over the cake!" Taeil chided which made the latter grinned mischievously. 

"Saengil chukahae Minhyuk oppa!" I beamed at him. He patted my head, "Thank you, Yeojin-ah." 

"Time for cake facial!" Kyung announced and dipped his finger into the cake, getting a heapful of cream on it. I slowly backed away from them, hoping that no one will notice me. 

All the focus will be on B-bomb, since it's his birthday today. Right? 

"Where do you think you are going?" Zico popped out behind me and tilted his head sideways cutely. My eyes darted around nervously, "I-I'm going to the toilet."

I slid past him and made my way into the toilet, heaving a sigh of relief that I managed to get away from Zico. 

"Yeojin!" I spun around immediately. 

"Yah!" I wiped away the creamy substance that was smudged all over my left cheek by Zico. 

"Yah! Woo Jiho!" I chased after him around his living room. He waved his hands in the air and stopped to do some silly dance moves before running again. 

"I'm your oppa, Yeojin-ah." 

"I don't care!" I hollered and continued going after him. 

Everyone was chasing one another with cream on their fingers, ready to attack. 

"Yah Kim Yukwon! I'm your hyung, how dare you!" 

"I'm sorry hyung but age doesn't count in this!" U-kwon retorted cheekily. 

"Yah yah yah! Stop! That's enough! Stop it! YAH!" B-bomb's shouts can be heard all over the house. 

Zico and I stopped running and stood by the couch to watch the 6 silly guys chasing each other a while. I was busy laughing at them when Zico nudged me in the elbow. 

He pointed to his left cheek. "Huh?" 

He pointed to me then his left cheek again. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

His eyes were on my cheek and his hand was getting closer to my face. 

"You have cream on your cheek, idiot." He showed me his hand after wiping off the cream for me. 

I smiled at him, "Thanks." 

I placed a hand over my heart, it felt as if it's just done a somersault inside my ribcage. 

I shrugged it off and quickly dodged behind Zico when P.O charged at me. 

"PYO JI HOON!" Zico yelled. 

"I'm sorry hyung! That was meant for Yeojin! Don't kill me hyung! I'm sorry! I really am!" P.O started shrieking when Zico chased him and I stood there, laughing at how silly they were. 

I don't know why but I suddenly thought of B.A.P. What if the ones that I'm spending the time with now the 6 of you? I really really miss you guys even though I'm avoiding all your calls purposely. But still, I hate it when people lie to me. I really do. 

-----

UPDATE! (;

Those who have yet to watch B.A.P's new MV, Rain Sound, hurry and go watch it!!

Gosh Zelo is driving me crazy. *.*

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to its respective owner! ^^