Chapter 43.

Numbed.

 

 

Monday; November 26.

 

-----Author's POV-----

Zico was in the room I shared with U-kwon in the campus, waiting for me. U-kwon helped him get into the building. 

The both of them were sitting at the couch in the living room. 

"Hyung." 

"Hmm?" Zico turned and faced U-kwon.

"How did you get to know Yeojin? And you didn't explain to us why did you left us that time without saying a thing. Where did you go?" 

"Oh, that... I went to Busan. And I met Yeojin there." 

"Why did you go to Busan?" U-kwon was confused. 

"My parents."

"Parents?" 

U-kwon sounded a bit surprised because Zico didn't mentioned a word about his parents before. 

Seeing the need to explain things, Zico started from the beginning. 

"As you know, I'm from Seoul, I was born there. My family moved to Busan when I was around 7 years old because we were kind of tight at that time and we can't really afford to stay in Seoul. Things got worse for us and about a year later, my Dad told me that they don't have the ability to take care of me anymore. They sent me to my Aunt which was living here. I stayed with her ever since, until that time, I decided to go back to Busan and take a look." 

"So how are things there?" U-kwon asked warily. 

Zico squirmed uneasily. "I can't find them. I asked the neighbours and they told me that they moved away recently. They didn't know where they went." 

"Do you miss them?" 

Zico smiled a little, "Of course I do. Even though the times that we spent together was pretty short because they were busy working, they still loved me like how parents do. They tried to give me everything I wanted but as a kid, I didn't understand about the situation we were in."

U-kwon nodded in understanding, "Maybe you can try asking your Aunt if they tried contacting her before?" 

"I did. But she said she didn't receive any calls from them." Zico let out a small sigh. 

"Hyung, I believe that they will come looking for you. Don't worry." 

Zico nodded and tried not to ponder too much about it. 

-----End of Author's POV-----

I came out of the room and felt that the atmosphere between the both of them was kind of weird. 

I walked nearer to the couch and stopped when I heard U-kwon talking. 

"...I believe that they will come looking for you. Don't worry." 

I tilted my head in confusion, wondering what were they talking about. I shrugged it off. 

"I'm ready." The both of them turn their heads towards me right at the moment they heard my voice. 

"Oh. Let's go then." Zico opened the door and went out. 

U-kwon gave me a small smile and waved. "See you later, Yeojin."

I nodded and went out of the dorm. 

I closed the door behind me and walked faster, catching up with Zico. 

I stole a small glance at him with the corner of my eye and saw that he was looking kind of distracted. 

I mentally decided that it was best that I kept quiet for now. 

*****

"Damn!" I immediately turned. 

Zico spilled the scalding water on his hand when he was preparing the customers' orders. 

I quickly took the order of the last customer in queue and hurried into the storeroom to grab a first aid kit. 

I came out with the kit and Zico was standing by the sink with his scalded hand under the running water. He took a towel and dried his hand and winced a little when he applied too much force. 

I took the cream for scalds and gently grabbed his wrist, pulling his hand towards me. 

I had my attention on his hand so I didn't noticed that he was staring at me all along. I applied the cream on his hand as softly as I could. 

He muttered a thanks when I let go of his wrist. I placed the cream back to the box and took the kit back to where I got it. 

What is he doing?! 

He was back to making the orders for the customers when his hand was still red from the scald. 

Idiot. 

I walked over and gently pushed him towards the cashier. 

"What are you doing?" 

"What do you think I'm doing? Take a look at how bad your hand is." 

"It isn't that bad." 

"Yeah right." 

I ignored him and prepared the drinks. I heard him let out a sigh before taking the order of the customer who was approaching the cashier. 

*****

'No no no no mercy!' 

I took my phone out from my pocket to see who is the caller. 

It's Youngjae! 

I quickly answered the call since there wasn't any orders for me to prepare. 

"Hi idiot!" I heard his voice immediately after I answered. 

I chuckled a little, "How are you?"

"We are busy preparing for our comeback! Did you watch our MV?" 

Oh crap. Their MV..... Oops. 

I bit my lower lip, "Erm I forgot about it. I'm so sorry!" 

"Tch tch tch. I wonder who's the one who said she will be keeping an eye on us." 

"Hehe. I'm sorry pabojae! I promise I will watch it later!"

"Are you busy right now?" 

"Not really. I'm working right now but there isn't any thing for me to do so I'm free to chat, for now." 

I got distracted by the receipt that Zico placed beside my hands, telling me that there was a new order, that I didn't hear what Youngjae said. 

"Yah, pabojae. I got to go now. I will call you some other time okay?" 

"Okay. Take care, Yeojin." 

I hummed in response and ended the call, slipping my phone back into my pocket. 

I quickly got back to work and prepared the order. 

*****

"Boyfriend?" 

"Huh?" I looked at Zico, confused. 

The both of us were on the bus, on the way back to the campus after work. 

"The one you were talking with on the phone just now." 

I smiled a little, "That was Youngjae." 

He nodded, "Oh." 

I took a look at his hand. "It looks better now. Remember to apply the cream to it when you get home. You have it right?"

He nodded again and looked out of the window. We got off the bus when we reached the campus. 

"Aren't you going to ask me what happened?" 

I knew what he was referring to. "You will say it out when you are ready. Hurry and go. See you tomorrow." 

I smiled and made my way into the dormitory buildings. 

I showered and watched B.A.P's new MV before sleeping. I was sitting on my bed, watching it with my phone. 

"Yah, what are you watching?" 

U-kwon climbed up to my bed and plopped down beside me. I paused the video and glared at him. 

"What are you doing on my bed?" 

"What? I'm not a ert." He innocently retorted. 

I chuckled a little. I didn't mind though. He was really overprotective of me and he treated me like a little sister, which reminded me of Jongup. 

I miss them. 

I shook my head lightly and played the video again. 

'Malhaebwa igeon anijanha haedo neomu hajanha baby~
Hwanaetda dasi saranghanda watda gatda hani wae' 

I miss his voice... 

My heart skipped a beat when a close up shot of his face appeared. Still as perfect as ever. 

"Uwa, B.A.P? They seem to be pretty good." U-kwon praised after the MV ended. 

"They are the best." I gave him two thumbs up. 

"Okay now, get off my bed. I want to sleep." I gently pushed him. 

"Psh fine, you little devil." He scowled.

I stuck my tongue out at him as he made his way down. 

 

To: Youngjae

I just finished watching the MV! It was perfect! Remember to take care of yourself!! Goodnight! ^^

 

I sent the text and placed my phone under my pillow. I got off the bed and went to dry my hair before heading back to sleep. 

"Goodnight kwonnie." 

"Kwonnie? Hmm, sounds nice. Goodnight devil."

I smiled to myself as I hugged my pillow tighter, drifting off to dreamland. 

-----

UPDATE! ^^

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belong to its respective owner! ^^