Chapter 41.

Numbed.

 

(A/N): U-kwon is the same age as Yeojin in this fic, so he's younger than Zico. ^^ 

 

Saturday; November 24.

 

You must be kidding me. Why is he even here? 

Zico was also looking back at me with the same shocked expression I had. 

"Hyung?" Zico slowly looked away from me and looked at U-kwon. 

"Hmm?"

"Is something wrong? The atmosphere doesn't feel right." 

"Er it's nothing. It's just that I know her." 

"You met Yeojin before?!" 

He nodded. I just stood in front of them, looking at the both of them. 

'Yeah BBC follow me. Bounce like this eh eh. Bounce like Block B in the House. Z and pop time, music is officially over now. Bye guyz, Hi ladies uhmmmm mwa!' 

"Hello? Yeah Zico hyung is with me. Okay, I got it." 

Zico had his eyes glued on me while I just looked at the wall behind him. 

"Hyung, Minhyuk hyung asked us to hurry up." 

Zico tore his eyes off me and gave U-kwon a nod before making his way out of the cafe. 

"Yeojin? Are you okay? Do you want to go back to the campus?" 

I shook my head, "I will just walk around here. You go with your friends. I can take a cab back to the campus later myself." 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, hurry and go." 

"Fine. Call me if you need anything, okay?" He said hesitantly. 

I nodded and he walked passed me, leaving the cafe. 

I walked over to the table at the corner of the cafe and took a seat. A waiter approached me with a menu in his hands. 

"Would you like anything to drink?" He asked while placing the menu in front of me. I took it and flipped through, scanning the beverages available. 

"I will just have a cup of Caramel Mocha. Thank you." 

He nodded, took the menu away and walked over to the counter to place my order. 

I leant back against the chair, letting my mind wander off. 

"Can I sit here?" I snapped out of my trance and looked up. 

I nodded stiffly. 

"Are you okay?"

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with U-kwon and the others?" 

"Do you hate the sight of me?" 

I closed my eyes for a few seconds and opened them, "No. But you still owe me a explaination?" 

He nodded, "Yes I do." 

I looked at him, waiting for his explaination. 

"I lived in the States for a few years before I went back to Seoul where I met you. That's how I knew U-kwon. I left without telling you anything because I thought that we weren't that close and probably you won't even bother if I was gone." 

"So that's your explaination?" 

He nodded, "So, everything is cool?" 

I hummed in response and he let out a sigh of relief. 

"What? Am I that scary?" 

"No, it's just that you have this unreadable expression on your face. It's pretty scary." 

I smiled, "Then you probably should keep that thinking."

"You look so much better when you smiled. You really scared me." He patted the place his heart is. 

The waiter served my Caramel Mocha and I muttered a thanks.

 I sipped my Caramel Mocha and rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh? Zico? You are still here? Can you help out for a while more? There's too many customers, we can't handle it." 

"Yeah, sure." He stood up. "Are you staying here?"

I nodded, "I guess I am." 

"Okay." He made his way to the cashier and began taking orders. 

*****

'No no no no mercy!' 

"Hello?" 

"Yah devil, where are you right now?" 

"At the cafe just now?" 

"What are you doing there?"

"Erm, sipping on my Mocha?" 

"Tch. Stay there, I'm going over." 

"Okay. Don't trip on stones while walking." I cheekily said. 

"That's why you are called a devil." 

"Whatever. Hurry and come!" 

"Okay okay. I'm on my way." 

I ended the call and I took a look around the cafe. There was lesser people now compared to an hour ago.

I didn't even realised that Zico was walking over. "You are still here?"

I shrugged. I had nowhere to go. School term doesn't start till 5th January. There wasn't anything to do in the dorm as well. 

"Oh. U-kwon said he's coming over." He just nodded. 

"So how are things between you and that guy?" 

"What guy?" 

"That guy who lives in the apartment upstairs of the cafe with you." 

"Daehyun?"

"I guess so?" 

"Why do you ask how are things between the both of us?"

"Sometimes when you were working, he would stand at the top of the stairs and traced every single actions of yours. You didn't know?" 

I shook my head, "But anyway, there's nothing between the both of us now." 

"So that means you had a past with him?" 

Why do everyone seem to get my hidden meaning?! 

I nodded slightly. 

"He's an idol, isn't he? Was it the reason? I saw the news and the statement you made." 

"Partially, I guess." 

"You regretted making that decision, don't you? It's written all over your face." 

I gave him a small smile. 

"Yo!" I jumped a little when a arm was slung over my shoulder and someone plopped down on the seat beside me. 

"What?" U-kwon looked between me and Zico. 

"Oh, was I interrupting something? I can leave you know." 

"No, you're not. I was about to leave. See you guys around. Bye." 

The both of us didn't get to bid our goodbyes when he stood up and left. 

"Did something happened?" U-kwon asked curiously while scratching his head. 

"No, nothing happened." I gave him a small smile. 

"Oh right, do you know of any places that I can work?" 

"Why? Are you in need of money?" 

"Yeah, kind of. After settling the school fees when school term starts, I don't have much to survive with." 

"Eyy, that won't be a problem. I will pay for your expenses." 

I shook my head, "Never." 

"There's no room for discussion." U-kwon was firm but I was even firmer. 

"No. If you are going to continue being like this, I will go find a job myself." 

Knowing that I won't give in so easily, he sighed. "Aish fine." 

He thought for a moment before speaking again. "You can consider working here though, I heard from Zico hyung that they are sort of in need of new helpers." 

Here? That means I will be working with... Zico? 

I gave it a small thought before deciding. "Sounds good." 

"You have someone you know here too. Since Zico will keep an eye on you, I have nothing much to worry about." He grinned. 

He was pretty overprotective of me. Because he knows that even though I look strong, I'm fragile inside. 

-----

UPDATE! ^^

I'm updating more today since it's a Friday today ^^

ENJOY~

 

Gif used belongs to their respective owner! ^^