Chapter 37.

Numbed.

 

 

Thursday; November 15

 

I guessed Yongguk was expecting me to tell him but I shook my head. 

"Wait, let me guess. Is it... Daehyun?" 

"Partially." I mumbled. 

"Okay, so at least we figured out something." Himchan sarcastically said which earned a hit in his calf from Yongguk. "Shut up." He hissed. Himchan rolled his eyes at him. 

Yongguk turned back and looked at me, "Yeojin, if it's about Daehyun, tell us. We can find out what's wrong with him for you." 

"There's nothing wrong with him. In fact, he's fine without me."

"Uh-oh." 

"Yah, Kim Himchan!" Yongguk barked at Himchan which made the latter zipped his mouth up. 

"What really happened between the both of you?" I shook my head again. 

"Yeojin!" I could sense that Yongguk was getting a little annoyed. 

"Aish, get out of the way." Himchan shoved Yongguk away and he bent down in front of me. Yongguk looked like he was ready to pounce on Himchan anytime but he let him go considering the current situation. 

"You really love him, don't you?" I lifted my head up a bit and met eyes with him. Of course I do. 

"He said something, didn't he? Something that hurt you." I nodded slightly. 

"Aish, that brat. He's going to get it from me later." He muttered under his breath. 

"Yeojin, don't take what he said to heart. He isn't thinking straight sometimes." I looked away from him and stared at the floor. 

"Aish, it's too late. That idiot." Himchan ruffled his hair and stood up. Yongguk stood beside him, with his arms folded across his chest. 

"Do you want to talk to him?" I shook my head. There's no use anymore. 

"Do you want to talk to anyone?" 

I nodded, "Youngjae." 

"Youngjae?!" The both of them slightly yelled at the same time. Apparently they were shocked. 

"O-okay, I got it. I will ask him to come in." Yongguk pushed Himchan out of the door. 

 

Youngjae walked in and sat down beside me. That's what I liked about him. He won't continue probing if he knows that I'm not ready to say it yet. 

The both of us sat there in complete silence but the silence was comfortable. 

I turned my head and looked at Youngjae. He was already staring at me. I smiled unconsciously. 

He looked at me as if I was crazy. "Erm, Yeojin, are you okay?" 

"No, I'm far from it." 

Youngjae sighed and slung his arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. 

"Then let it all out." 

"I can't." I wanted to cry for as long as I can but no matter how hard I try, there wasn't any tears. 

Youngjae didn't said anything, knowing that it's probably the best for me right now. 

"Thank you." I whispered before falling asleep on his shoulder. 

 

*****

 

Friday; November 16

 

"Yeojin? Wake up. There's school today." I was on the bed, I guessed it was Youngjae who carried me here. I was already awake but I didn't want to open my eyes. I didn't want to face the reality. I slowly opened them. Yuna was sitting at the edge of my bed, seeing that I already woke up, she smiled and went out of the room. 

I went into the bathroom to wash up and changed into my uniform. I tied my hair into a messy bun, grabbed my bag and went out of the room.

I walked past the dining table, the rest of the members were having their breakfast.

"Yeojin, aren't you going to eat?" Mirae asked.

I shook my head, "I'm heading to the school first." I put on my shoes and went out of the dorm.

I just wanted to have some time alone. I needed to clear my mind.

I decided to walk to the school since I wanted to enjoy the cool morning air.

"Why are you here?" I turned around, shocked.

"I should be the one asking you that."

"I can see that you are talking more today." I ignored what he said and turned back to the front and continued walking.

"Are you going to take it like you didn't saw me?"

"Yes. What are you doing here anyway. The last time I checked, your dorm wasn't here." Youngjae was walking behind me.

"Yah." Youngjae caught up with me and slung his arm over my shoulder.

"You forgot something."

"What?" I responded without looking at him.

"Something. Think."

"Yah, pabojae. Don't be stupid."

"That feels better." Youngjae said which made me smile, genuinely.

"You look better when you smile so you should smile more."

"Shut up."

"Tch. Ungrateful brat." He removed his arm from my shoulder and knocked my head.

I held my head and stared at him. "Yah!"

"I'm older than you! Where's your respect?!"

"Hmmm. Let me think," I tapped my chin with my fingers. "It got ate away by a shark." I stuck my tongue out at him and walked faster. 

"Aish, you." He made a face at me and walked faster too. 

The both of us didn't realise that Daehyun was walking behind all along. *Guess you don't need me afterall.* Daehyun thought. 

*****

Argh, boring. The teachers were going through our exam papers and I'm not even keen of listening at all. 

I scored an A for both Accounts and Mathematics. We were getting back our Science papers later. My doomsday is coming. 

The bell for break finally went off. Finally. The wait for the bell seemed like years. I blew my bangs and tidied my things up. 

I went out of the classroom immediately after greeting the teacher. I jumped a little when someone pulled my wrist. 

"We need to talk." He led me to the end of the hallway where there wasn't anyone. 

He stopped in front of me and looked me directly in the eyes. It was like he was burning a hole in them. 

I kept quiet, waiting for him to speak up first. 

"I just want to ask you one question. Just one." I nodded. 

"Do you love me?" 

You know the answer so why did you even asked me that? 

"Do you really not know?" 

He shook his head. 

 

-----

TRIPLE UPDATE! :D

I don't know why but it was really smooth for me to write today so I kept on writing and writing. :p

But well, it's a cliffhanger hehehe. ;D

Anyway, 

ENJOY~

 

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^